Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Other than transformers Michael Bay is usually good to great.

Age of Extinction is brilliant from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

Other than transformers Michael Bay is usually good to great.
I'll give you that Pain & Gain was good/pretty fun. Everything else? Eh. :shrug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Rock is pretty good

e: not a fan of Bay in general though

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Oh I'm not falling for this trap, you must think I'm an idiot!

I watched 3 of these God damned movies, isn't that enough for you people?!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Age of Extinction is such a deeply, deeply ugly movie on so many levels.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wark Say posted:

I'll give you that Pain & Gain was good/pretty fun. Everything else? Eh. :shrug:

The Rock. Bad Boys 1 & 2. The first half of Armageddon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Exactly, thank you for backing me up on this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arist posted:

The Rock is pretty good

e: not a fan of Bay in general though
Just going for the most recent ones.

His early "schlockfest" trilogy (Bad Boys 1, The Rock and Armageddon) are perfect Saturday night post-rehearsal beer + snack "gently caress yeah!" marathons that I dig. But pretty much everything else aside from Pain & Gain has been too... eh in my arrogant-rear end opinion.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edit: ^^ Oh yeah, those are quite entertaining.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I watched the first couple of ones, then another I forgot its name on a pirated DVD. They're so bad!

Bumblebee is the only one that kinda cute and fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bumblebee is really really good because it's mostly about Hailee Steinfeld's character who is just great all around and has about nothing to do with the Bay films. It also shows the G1 looks can translate just fine to the movies.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I have my regular Saturday night virtual movie night crew where we get drunk and watch bad movies while chatting and making bad jokes. Armageddon is the movie I absolutely want to do with my group (sadly not on Netflix which we use) as it's the perfect amount of schlock, jingoism, stupidity, and everything else. I hate the movie and wouldn't watch it by myself but if is the perfect movie to watch while drinking and taking the piss with friends

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

I had a 10,000 essay about Lobok written WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW

Tweet thread?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

When is the next movie? I would like to see Suicide squad or black widow soon.

I do hope black widow is good and the red guardian doesn't die. He is totally dead.

People are suggesting that the movie is meant to set up Florence Pugh as becoming part of the new incarnation of Avengers, but I really hope it's David Harbour instead. Or both.

Also hoping they don't kill off Taskmaster.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Taskmaster for the Avengers and he gets a costume change to reflect his heroic turn. There has been an egregious lack of pirate boots in the MCU.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jamesman posted:

People are suggesting that the movie is meant to set up Florence Pugh as becoming part of the new incarnation of Avengers, but I really hope it's David Harbour instead. Or both.

Also hoping they don't kill off Taskmaster.

Oh no, I'm gonna throw a fit if they kill him. Let the bad guys hang around for more time than just a one single movie!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh no, I'm gonna throw a fit if they kill him. Let the bad guys hang around for more time than just a one single movie!

Yeah, and then give them a D+ series.

vvvvvv I meant Loki, but yeah, that also re-inforces my point.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 20, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Desperado Bones posted:

Zemo.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

If you won't commit to watching all of Age of Extinction (which you should), just turn it on but fast forward whenever Stanley Tucci isn't on screen. You'll have maybe 15 minutes of absolute premium content there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tucci, Grammer, Weliver. They're all so great in that film. It's the ultimate trash fire film which elevates it to a lifty majesty.

And TJ Miller dies violently, how can you turn away from that?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I think only Loki and Thanos were around for a while longer than a cameo or one movie (not counting the TV shows). Everyone else usually gets killed/gone MIA.

Oh and a few of the Hydra guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gary Shandling was in two films, wish it had been more.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Abomination is still alive, and so is Hammer. They could come back, and I think Abomination has been announced for the She-Hulk show, right? Klaue was a minor character in two movies as well though he did get killed in the second one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Rumlow shows up in two.

Ghost hasn't shown up again, but she wasn't killed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lager posted:

Abomination is still alive, and so is Hammer. They could come back, and I think Abomination has been announced for the She-Hulk show, right? Klaue was a minor character in two movies as well though he did get killed in the second one.
Abomination was originally planned to be in Civil War as well but that got cut

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Roth is coming back in She Hulk. Rumlow/Crossbones (Grillo) had a falling out with Marvel and only did CW because his kid told him he'd be dumb to walk away.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rumlow shows up in two.

Wasn't she at risk of dying without getting some quantum bullshit energy... and then Scott got stuck in the Quantum Realm for 5 years without her cure?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Wasn't she at risk of dying without getting some quantum bullshit energy... and then Scott got stuck in the Quantum Realm for 5 years without her cure?

She might have also been dusted.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rumlow shows up in two.

Yeah, a big concern is if Ghost is gonna show up again or if they are gonna forget about her altogether.

Rhyno posted:

Roth is coming back in She Hulk. Rumlow/Crossbones (Grillo) had a falling out with Marvel and only did CW because his kid told him he'd be dumb to walk away.

Aw, what a shame. Always felt that he needed more scenes/movies as Crossbones than just "killed on the first 10 minutes".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really hoped Runblowe would hang around and we'd get some story with Sin and a returning Red Skull. But of course Evans/Cap is gone now so it probably never would have happened anyway.

TwoPair posted:

I mean, Foster could have found another cure. She could have gotten snapped so the problem just paused itself until after End Game. She could have gotten worse and gotten better. A shady government agency could have grabbed her and found a way to stabilize her in return for joining their Thunderbolts team. Scott could have gone back in time to give her stuff. Its a comic book. She's alive unless you see her die and sometimes even then.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 20, 2021

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

AMA dudes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Roth posted:

AMA dudes
Weirdest hangover?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Crossbones was barely in the movies but the few seconds he did get were actually really good. The robot-arm Claue guy in Black Panther was also really good. Two wasted characters imo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thankfully we now have alternate reality versions of dead people and soon we'll be crawling in multiverse so everyone gets a chance for a do over.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Tucci, Grammer, Weliver. They're all so great in that film. It's the ultimate trash fire film which elevates it to a lifty majesty.

And TJ Miller dies violently, how can you turn away from that?

The best content about any Transformers movie I’ve seen (aside from Bumblebee which was actually delightful), was the RLM guys watching the first three movies and how often they lined up, like the first time there was a gratuitous shot of Megan Fox’s body or when there’s a break in the middle of a cacophonous battle scene.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah and then Iron Man fought his friends on behalf of government oversight, very Libertarian of him.

In the context of the narrative, those ‘friends’ are Stark’s employees. The Avengers were fully privatized some time before the events of Avengers 2.

Stark accepts what he himself describes as a fig leaf of ‘government oversight’ in order to stay operational - and that ‘government oversight’ really means scapegoating those lower-class-coded employee characters (i.e. putting Roma refugee/war orphan Scarlett Witch under house arrest, while making preparations to jail Bruce Banner...).

The events of the movie Civil War represent a conflict within libertarianism, where Steve Rogers’ singleminded “don’t tread on me” pursuit of individual liberty (to conduct clandestine private military operations) runs up against Stark’s own personal profit motive (as the majority shareholder of Stark Industries, which has numerous lucrative government contracts (e.g. the aforementioned Hulk-jail)). The conflict can only occur because Stark is effectively powerful enough to be the government, and jail people.

[Stark is, of course, also very objectiv-ishly motivated by revenge for his parents, who died at the hands of the Soviets.]

E:

Cartridgeblowers posted:

SMG: Stop posting.

Everyone else: Stop posting about posters.

Do you mean to stop writing positively about the Marvel Studios films, or to just stick to writing about other brands?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 20, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Was hoping with 60 new posts there was some news

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

E:

Do you mean to stop writing positively about the Marvel Studios films, or to just stick to writing about other brands?

You're here to troll. Take it elsewhere. Thank you.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I thought Ghost got healed of her Comic Book Energy Disease by Michelle Pfeiffer at the end of Ant Man & Wasp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

site posted:

Was hoping with 60 new posts there was some news

Here's some Michael Keaton to get you all excited:

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1406678309333839874

I'm still waiting for more news about Shazam :3:

SlimGoodbody posted:

I thought Ghost got healed of her Comic Book Energy Disease by Michelle Pfeiffer at the end of Ant Man & Wasp?

I think not. They were still looking for a cure before they got turned to dust.