Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Charlo-Montiel is good so far too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Charlo getting tagged a lot. I think he's winning but it's not coming easy.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Dunno who's watching but Anderson is looking pretty good against Chavez Jr

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gramps posted:

Dunno who's watching but Anderson is looking pretty good against Chavez Jr

I'm making this face as I watch that fight :dudsmile:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jake Paul would beat this JCC Jr.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man ESPN+ has a weird rear end assortment of commercials, this is the first time I've used it to watch a fight tbh

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I'm making this face as I watch that fight :dudsmile:

Big same this makes me so fuckin happy

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Chavez Jr could knock out Anderson right now and this still would be the most humiliating thing to ever happen to him. And that's saying something for Chavez Jr.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

inoue fight is finally starting

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The SituAsian posted:

Chavez Jr could knock out Anderson right now and this still would be the most humiliating thing to ever happen to him. And that's saying something for Chavez Jr.

Would it be more humiliating for Chavez to lose a decision or for him to be gifted an obvious home town robbery?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I really wish Anderson hadn't been completely locked into his UFC contract this last decade, could have been very different

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Fentry posted:

I really wish Anderson hadn't been completely locked into his UFC contract this last decade, could have been very different

He easily could have been a 2 sport world champ in his prime. He looked great tonight. In 2010? man.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Holy poo poo a judge gave it to Chavez?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

So glad they highlighted Gene Simmons

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Uh oh

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
god drat Inoue is so scary and good

and yay Silva won! Good for him!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

inoue is too loving good

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

two fuckin liver shots in two rounds jesus

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

god drat he really is a monster

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Declan MacManus posted:

inoue is too loving good

an understatement.

god drat body shots are brutal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat that was loving good

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Those punches hurt to watch.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

65% of his punches landed :psyduck:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Those punches hurt to watch.

Watching his loving torso quake with each hit in slow mo, jesus lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
congrats to that guy for getting up after the first one but i felt the second one in my soul.

donaire's performance looking more and more insane every time inoue destroys someone else.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Chavez Sr. already showing more of an engine than Junior did.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh poo poo the headgear just came off!!! #badass

edit: booooooo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
first time watching inoue and that dude is a loving killer :stare:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
god drat Inoue hates livers

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

congrats to that guy for getting up after the first one but i felt the second one in my soul.

donaire's performance looking more and more insane every time inoue destroys someone else.

I really want to see Inoue fight Donaire again. He's the only fighter who's made him look uncomfortable. I don't watch nearly as much boxing as I did 10-15 years ago but Inoue's fights are appointment viewing and the guy is scary. Dasmarinas isn't in his class but he made that look like a training session. It feels like Inoue hits like three weight classes higher than he is and he's the best body puncher I've seen since JCC Sr.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Yeah lots of cool stuff happened yesterday (Rosado's shock KO of Bek Bully, Inoue being Inoue, Montiel making a go of it against Jermall) but the best was after Chavez Sr's weird exhibition having a solemn passing of the torch moment with Canelo while Chavez Jr. is smoking a bowl and eating Birria tacos after somehow losing a decision to 46 year old Anderson Silva in Guadalajara.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

He looked like he’d been shot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Inoue could easily end up being an all time great.

It's awesome to see a little dude who hits like a bulldozer. Makes no sense.

Must also be baffling for a professional boxer at the highest level get hit by a liver punch like that and have your body just be ready to quit. At least in my mind, I feel like getting hit hard in the head in sparring and a fight is something you get used to but a killer body shot is something you can't.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I feel like getting hit hard in the head in sparring and a fight is something you get used to but a killer body shot is something you can't.

i was sparring a state champion pro boxer and i guess i got a little too spicy so he put one in my liver at what had to have been full power. i have literally never felt anything like it before or since.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

like, one time in muay thai sparring during some clinch knees my lovely backup cup shifted out of place and i was kneed directly on the cup which mashed one of my balls between the cup and my thigh. i threw up in the ring and cried and the liver shot was about a thousand times worse than that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Being able to tough out a liver shot takes insane grit. The pain is unreal.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i was sparring a state champion pro boxer and i guess i got a little too spicy so he put one in my liver at what had to have been full power. i have literally never felt anything like it before or since.

A liver shot KO is unforgettable if you're on the receiving end.

I was never great sparring, but a couple years into training I switched to southpaw and things started clicking for me (maybe because I was a wrestler so I was used to right foot forward more?) Either way, once I switched to southpaw I could move a lot better which led to me getting inside on my sparring partners a lot more and I was faring much much better in sparring. It was awesome not getting my rear end kicked all the time. Then I sparred my teacher. I had just got done with a few hard rounds with someone who had historically kicked the poo poo out of me, but I lit em up with a bunch of body shots and I was feelin pretty good- until I pawed a lazy jab at my teacher and he slipped it and smoked me in the liver. Pain doesn't even describe it. You just see white and your body shuts off. It's loving incredible. Liver shots own.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Jesus. You guys aren't selling me on putting gloves on.

Here's a Foreman kidney shot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nbYrYt6bv8

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Jesus. You guys aren't selling me on putting gloves on.

on the plus side, i lost absolutely all concern with being punched in the face which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gramps posted:

Pain doesn't even describe it. You just see white and your body shuts off. It's loving incredible. Liver shots own.

yeah that's it. your body can't cry, breathe, think, nothing works, it is just every pain receptor in your entire body on full alert and instead of initiating a fight / flight / freeze your brain just goes 'welp, you're dead' turns on all pain and leaves.