Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow huge lore drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Panel 7: the hallucinogenic properties of the chilli pepper wear off and she is hugging a cactus. She is bleeding profusely.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

John Deering

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tony Branco, who uploaded three at once today

quote:

Commander in Thief
Biden won’t give credit to President Trump but would rather plagiarise his achievements.

quote:

Inside Job
Biden gave Putin a list of targets that are off Limits. Hope that didn’t include the nuclear codes?

quote:

Street Smarts
Governor Walz doesn’t seem to care about the radial left building an autonomous zone in downtown Minneapolis.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yea, autonomous zones are sooo terrifying

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

This line of attack is so loving insane.

There’s literally no code of conduct for cyber war. No Geneva convention, no establish treaties, no general understanding and agreement around consequences, which makes it incredibly dangerous for nuclear-armed parties to start loving around with each other about it, and yet all sides have made it absolutely clear that they won’t stop loving around with each other about it.

Here’s a thought experiment: Russian hackers take down the power system in a hospital and twenty people die due to life support failure. What’s the appropriate US response? “Oh well, guess you got us, sucks to be those people who died”? “Cool, cool, let’s hack your hospitals and see who dies”? “Aw, gently caress it, eat a missile in Eastern Ukraine”?

Right now, there’s no established standard for what’s off-limits vs. what’s “guess we’ll accept this as an area of fair play”. Biden has put out the first warning that certain areas will get a serious, escalated response; it’s the beginning of negotiations and discussions around what is from now on going to be a standard area of espionage. But of course, the GOP is screaming that by identifying some areas as off-limits, it’s either identifying them as prime targets (as if they weren’t obvious targets), or saying that the rest of the US is acceptable to hit (which is what the case was before this list was presented). It’s, as usual, stupid disingenuous bullshit.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

I'm getting the distinct impression that Branco has not stepped foot outside of the suburbs in his entire life.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They let in an ancap, so yeah there goes the neighborhood indeed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

How much willpower do you think it took Ramirez to not color this kid as black?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco, who uploaded three at once today

In case you were wondering if Branco employs any quality control, (You weren’t because of course he doesn’t care) it does in fact say ‘radial’ left on his website.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Oh, no, not the radial left! What horrible geometric wokeness will they impart to our children?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

skeleton warrior posted:

This line of attack is so loving insane.

There’s literally no code of conduct for cyber war. No Geneva convention, no establish treaties, no general understanding and agreement around consequences, which makes it incredibly dangerous for nuclear-armed parties to start loving around with each other about it, and yet all sides have made it absolutely clear that they won’t stop loving around with each other about it.

Here’s a thought experiment: Russian hackers take down the power system in a hospital and twenty people die due to life support failure. What’s the appropriate US response? “Oh well, guess you got us, sucks to be those people who died”? “Cool, cool, let’s hack your hospitals and see who dies”? “Aw, gently caress it, eat a missile in Eastern Ukraine”?

Right now, there’s no established standard for what’s off-limits vs. what’s “guess we’ll accept this as an area of fair play”. Biden has put out the first warning that certain areas will get a serious, escalated response; it’s the beginning of negotiations and discussions around what is from now on going to be a standard area of espionage. But of course, the GOP is screaming that by identifying some areas as off-limits, it’s either identifying them as prime targets (as if they weren’t obvious targets), or saying that the rest of the US is acceptable to hit (which is what the case was before this list was presented). It’s, as usual, stupid disingenuous bullshit.

That, and isn't he baiting a trap by supplying that list?

I mean, if US.Top-Secrets.gov is on that list, then it's pretty loving obvious that it's going to have increased security in place, and if an attempt IS made, then Russia is going to be the immediate #1 suspect.
So, they either hack it and get busted, or respect the list and everything is cool on that front.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

the_steve posted:

That, and isn't he baiting a trap by supplying that list?

I mean, if US.Top-Secrets.gov is on that list, then it's pretty loving obvious that it's going to have increased security in place, and if an attempt IS made, then Russia is going to be the immediate #1 suspect.
So, they either hack it and get busted, or respect the list and everything is cool on that front.

Right, exactly. One would also assume that if he put together that list, that the government was aware enough to be heavily protecting those areas anyways, but I’m way too cynical about the ability of the US government to deal with computer systems to put a lot of faith in that.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
What's with the 'think about the kids without fathers' cartoons? Branco, Tinsley, Ramirez

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bandaid.friend posted:

What's with the 'think about the kids without fathers' cartoons? Branco, Tinsley, Ramirez

https://www.newsweek.com/absent-black-fathers-myth-racism-1509085

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Biloela girl Tharnicaa released from hospital as Murugappan family remain in Perth community detention (ABC).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Potential :auspol: with the Nationals: Nationals leader Michael McCormack adamant his job is safe amid growing talk of spill (ABC).

Rowe: Possibly NSFW for depicting Nationals leaders as livestock with massive coal bollocks.
https://i.imgur.com/o3d1zKC.jpg

Knight:

Scott Morrison's vaccine strategy last year was based on a local Australian vaccine which had to be scrapped and AstraZenica.

Warren Brown:

‘Glad and her boo’: Gladys Berejiklian dating prominent barrister who represented her at ICAC (Guardian). "NSW premier has started dating leading Sydney lawyer Arthur Moses SC who last year represented her at an ICAC hearing into her ex-lover".

Leunig:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Unironically this, though it’s my reaction to most of what Leunig says.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i know this is "thing happened/holiday" stuff, but i found this one heartwarming.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i know this is "thing happened/holiday" stuff, but i found this one heartwarming.

it's not actively hateful, thus putting it in the top 5% of political cartoons of all time

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

How much willpower do you think it took Ramirez to not color this kid as black?

drat it I was getting ready to post this, but yes the restraint is incredible

he didn't even take the opportunity to blame black fathers for orphaning their children by getting themselves into an officer-involved shooting

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Would be thrilled if my kids got me this card.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Roses are red
violets are blue
Your balls afford no special privilege to you

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angepain posted:

it's not actively hateful, thus putting it in the top 5% of political cartoons of all time

yeah. like i am big sucker for dumb sappy poo poo like that.

i still think the worst versions of a "SAD/BAD THING HAPPENED" media are the songs.

like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLmCHmZFx4&t

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

One father is great, but for some reason they would rather make the kid stay alone than have two fathers.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"There goes the neighborhood"... a very loaded phrase with a deep history and a heavy racial context, best known for... being said by African American residents about new neighbors. Sure!

Still a better reason than most things that'll get you thrown into the lake of fire.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

skeleton warrior posted:

Unironically this, though it’s my reaction to most of what Leunig says.

Personally I like the drawing done by his sister, which neatly summarises my view.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

I'll give Bennett this, I don't think I've ever seen someone go with an ironic "Miss me yet?" bumper sticker

???

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I have to assume she doesn’t live with her dad because otherwise this comic wouldn’t make any sense.

Also note that in the 5-6 years I’ve seen this comic posted here, we saw the coyote’s parents before the literal child’s.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You can tell she was canceled because it hasn't affected her in any way and she still talks exactly as much

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
For someone who's cancelled she sure won't shut up about it.

Just like everyone else who ever got 'cancelled'

e: you FUCKER

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Poor Clay, lost in a pit of despair since 2016.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It breaks apart the second you think about it. All the other fathers are clearly walking ahead, while the guy in the wheelchair has his arms occupied, so he'll just sit right there.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Joe Biden Cares about His Dog, Not His Torture Victims

Ted Rall posted:

Adolf Hitler famously loved his dog, a German Shepherd named Blondi. Joe Biden, another political leader who doesn’t seem to care much about human rights, is publicly mourning the death of his German Shepherd.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I swear to god we had someone joking about that hitler comparison less than a week ago.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You can always count on Lil' Ted Hell to make the most inappropriate reductio ad hitlerum* ever, please die in a fire Tedd.

*Already quite inappropriate.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm the tiny, bleached femur bone.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's nice. It's a nice cartoon. That shouldn't be notable but it kind of is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Joe Biden Cares about His Dog, Not His Torture Victims

So... anyone want to tell us how Ted Rall isn't actually a hateful, talentless sack of poo poo?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

What are the white bag things with the stars supposed to be? They seem central and important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

What are the white bag things with the stars supposed to be? They seem central and important.

Please tell me this is a joke before I age into dust.