Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Pulcinella posted:

And it’s the same continuity. They aren’t remakes.

wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There's a reason the sea in the Rebuild series is red from the get-go.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Remember when Kojima made that mute woman have virtually no clothes, got ridiculed for it, and responded something like "you'll ALL BE SORRY once you hear WHY she's almost totally naked all the time!"

Kojima could def be successful in anime

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Anime is good

Watch odd taxi

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lostconfused posted:

Well there's always Dougram.

Yeah Dougram is a bizarrely realistic representation of a popular insurgency.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Yeah Dougram is a bizarrely realistic representation of a popular insurgency.

I never finished it because it's such a long show with quite a few stretches where it's just killing time, but in its first arc I was definitely blown away at seeing the leader of the insurgency straight up selling them out in exchange for their planet becoming a colony of Earth with him as its representative.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

The main character of Dougram is based on Che Guevara, and it rocks. Anyway if Dougram is too long you should watch Dallos - which is based a lot on The Battle for Algiers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

has this been posted yet?

this manga started in like 2019 and is ongoing, but as of June 2021 only 10 chapters have ever been scanlated. that is unacceptable

:siren: A TRILLION GAY SPACE DOLLARS FOR THE BRAVE HERO WHO FINDS AND TRANSLATES THE REST OF THIS MASTERPIECE!!!!! :siren:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

speaking of eva and cspam

https://twitter.com/A_Crimefighter/status/1396949619670667267?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Srice posted:

I never finished it because it's such a long show with quite a few stretches where it's just killing time, but in its first arc I was definitely blown away at seeing the leader of the insurgency straight up selling them out in exchange for their planet becoming a colony of Earth with him as its representative.

The long stretches of nothing happens are actually somewhat intentional, because the revolution doesn't actually make any real gains until a significant number of the locally-born soldiers working for the occupational government quit/defect in protest over the execution of a popular NCO.

At which point things start to move very quickly.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The long stretches of nothing happens are actually somewhat intentional, because the revolution doesn't actually make any real gains until a significant number of the locally-born soldiers working for the occupational government quit/defect in protest over the execution of a popular NCO.

At which point things start to move very quickly.

That makes sense to me and heck I was getting the impression it was gonna be something along those lines. Though it being 70-something episodes made it hard to stick with til the end.

I did quite like what I saw and I mean to go back to it someday tho.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Srice posted:

That makes sense to me and heck I was getting the impression it was gonna be something along those lines. Though it being 70-something episodes made it hard to stick with til the end.

I did quite like what I saw and I mean to go back to it someday tho.

Oh yeah, at times it can be a pretty tough watch. The fact that most of the fights are terrible doesn't help.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I watched Porcco Rosso the other night for the first time. It was really good

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

are there no subs for dallos?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

KomradeX posted:

I watched Porcco Rosso the other night for the first time. It was really good

Haven't seen that one yet, thanks for the rec

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

The Voice of Labor posted:

are there no subs for dallos?
dallos has been fansubbed for at least a decade

it also got a sub only release 7 years ago

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dallos is streaming on amazon prime. Just ask your parents for their account password.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

watching Evangelion became a normie thing because of the pandemic, so if you don't watch it you'll never get all the Komm Susser Todd references

My girlfriends want us to watch Eva together when one comes to visit myself and the other one and I'm very excited to suddenly get a bunch of joksz in the Mr boop finale

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josh Christ posted:

My girlfriends want us to watch Eva together when one comes to visit myself and the other one and I'm very excited to suddenly get a bunch of joksz in the Mr boop finale

lmao

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Time is a Flat Circle. And it will keep happening...

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dallos is streaming on amazon prime. Just ask your parents for their account password.

yeah, lemme give the richest piece of poo poo on the planet more money so that he can yield it to better gently caress over unionization efforts for the sake of watching a 40 year old anime with english subtitles

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Josh Christ posted:

am i having a stroke

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah, lemme give the richest piece of poo poo on the planet more money so that he can yield it to better gently caress over unionization efforts for the sake of watching a 40 year old anime with english subtitles

They're making the money either way with your parent's account, I dunno why you're taking your frustration out on me.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Josh Christ posted:

tell them no and watch gundam instead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Just torrent it then, jesus christ.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
an insane amount of older anime can be found at nyaa dot si and the website that rips officially subbed currently running anime is subsplease dot org. dont give money to cr/funi etc

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They're making the money either way with your parent's account, I dunno why you're taking your frustration out on me.

cspam:

important stuff like theory and history that's still being published in cheap editions, pirate it pirate everything

also cspam:

magical girl bikini squad seance club is streaming on crunchyroll, totes worth the $20/month premium subscription

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Just torrent it then, jesus christ.

torrents aren't the problem. there's no english .srt anywhere and I've looked goddamnit. it's o.k. I found a dubbed vhs rip which is probably the most period appropriate way to watch it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cspam:

important stuff like theory and history that's still being published in cheap editions, pirate it pirate everything

also cspam:

magical girl bikini squad seance club is streaming on crunchyroll, totes worth the $20/month premium subscription

and yet you posted this from an iphone :smug:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

calling bullshit on people being able to post by iphone. there's no keyboard

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

torrents aren't the problem. there's no english .srt anywhere and I've looked goddamnit. it's o.k. I found a dubbed vhs rip which is probably the most period appropriate way to watch it

https://nyaa.si/view/1029149

? aint this it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

cspam:

also cspam:

Generally speaking, if someone asks where to watch an anime you can assume they mean where to what it legally. Because otherwise they'd just go to Nyaa.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1407115634232762373?s=19

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

cspam:

also cspam:

I think purely for direction and ambitious script writing there are worse ways to spend $20 a month. You can always cancel when you finish but Magical Girl Bikini Squad Seance Club really is a must watch. The only downside is that the updated release changed some of the soundtrack which you get if you find the original DVD release but it has like no seeders.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://shinrabanshochocolate.wordpress.com/astaroth/

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok since this thread has just went back to being horny, I might as well mention Invincible again because I just watched it yesterday.

I wish someone would have just told me the whole plot was about what if Superman was just some guy from the suburbs.

Which is to say, a more boring version of Senator Armstrong with none of the charisma.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Ok since this thread has just went back to being horny, I might as well mention Invincible again because I just watched it yesterday.

I wish someone would have just told me the whole plot was about what if Superman was just some guy from the suburbs.

Which is to say, a more boring version of Senator Armstrong with none of the charisma.

it's not fantastic, only jk simons and the weird other superheroes are good

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wikied the ending to invincible and its so predictable. no need to watch it now

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"loving and fighting are the same thing" -andreas baader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Holy poo poo, is that where she’s from? I remember seeing tons of fan art of her in the mid 2000s but couldn’t figure out a source for the life of me. Absolutely wild