Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Victory Cry is really useful in long dungeon grinds and I relied on it heavily in P4G, but if you set things up in P5 like I did where my party had the accessories with Invigorate 3 and Joker 's equipped Persona had both Invigorate 3 and Regenerate 3, Victory Cry is not really needed.

E: VV for clarity, I usually had Joker equip a different accessory like Ring of Vanity/Envy.

anakha fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I didn't think the accessories stacked with the same skill, like you could totally use the biggest SP patch and Invigorate 2, but you couldn't use it with actual Invigorate 3.

E: But yeah, I didn't use Victory Cry in P5 because Baton Pass reduced the demand on Joker's SP so much compared to P4 that I just needed the SP patches.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 9, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah, Baton Pass meant I leaned more on party members than in any previous Persona. The SP accessories were more than enough, I barely even touched my SP consumables.

VC was a total gamechanger in 3+4 but in Royal it felt very “win more”. Still got love for Beelzebub though. :swoon:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am through palace 2 and the game throwing SP items at you compared to the base game, the top-offs you get from Will Seeds, plus Maruki giving you permanent max SP boosts, have meant I haven't really been worried about SP so far

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

lmao if you didn't spend 3 hours reloading skill morphs to get Victory Cry in June in vanilla P4.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

WrightOfWay posted:

lmao if you didn't spend 3 hours reloading skill morphs to get Victory Cry in June in vanilla P4.
Didn't know about it my first run, I was playing basically blind. I did use it on my second though.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Getting a bazillion SP items in Royal felt very good after playing Merciless in the base game where you had to grind in the first two dungeons for three hours for enough money for the SP patches

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Been waiting a while to make this post but…

I am thou, thou art I.. Thou hast turned a vow into a blood oath. Thy bond shall become the wings of rebellion and break the yoke of thy heart. Thou hast awakened to the ultimate secret of Pfizer granting thee infinte power.

Fully vaxxed. :hellyeah:

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 10, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I love that the real world is so much more dystopian than Cyberpunk 2077 that I had to get this very important vaccine from the only organization the government trusts to handle distribution: a Walmart (it was Kroger but walmart is funnier)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Been waiting a while to make this post but…

I am thou, thou art I.. Thou hast turned a vow into a blood oath. Thy bond shall become the wings of rebillon and break the yoke of thy heart. Thou hast awakened to the ultimate secret of Pfizer granting thee infinte power.

Fully vaxxed. :hellyeah:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Got mine from a Hy-vee. They gave me a 10$ gift card for doing it, because apparently we need bribes against people's stupidity.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My job is handing out $100 to employees who show their "fully vaccinated card" as a "Get the shot, idiots" bribe.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I shoulda held out for a better rate

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
In p4 is there any value to these gemstones(?) I'm picking up? They're not classed as vendor trash but I don't know what I might use them for yet. Money is very tight compared to p5 so it would be nice if I could just sell them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sapozhnik posted:

In p4 is there any value to these gemstones(?) I'm picking up? They're not classed as vendor trash but I don't know what I might use them for yet. Money is very tight compared to p5 so it would be nice if I could just sell them.

They're an alternative currency you can spend at night at the Shiroku shop, though I think you have to do something to unlock it.

e: assuming you're playing P4G

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

Go to the Shiroku store at night.

I was never able to get enough gems for anything good, it seems to require way too much grinding so maybe just sell them

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

lunar detritus posted:

Go to the Shiroku store at night.

I was never able to get enough gems for anything good, it seems to require way too much grinding so maybe just sell them

IIRC for most of the stuff there you have to go fishing as well as grinding (you trade the fish to a ghost at the shrine and she gives you the gems that don't drop from enemies)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is uh... a lot of DLC stuff

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1403405277064429569

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Thanks, also one other question: I'm trying to progress the shrine fox's S-Link but I'm not sure how to proceed. He gave me that first votive offering that came from some girl with a crush(?) but I spoke to everyone at Yasogami High and nobody seemed to have any connection to it. The quest log entry doesn't exactly give me much to go on.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Sapozhnik posted:

Thanks, also one other question: I'm trying to progress the shrine fox's S-Link but I'm not sure how to proceed. He gave me that first votive offering that came from some girl with a crush(?) but I spoke to everyone at Yasogami High and nobody seemed to have any connection to it. The quest log entry doesn't exactly give me much to go on.

Many of the Foxes links involve chatting with NPCs until you find the right one. They can be anywhere from the school to the river bank/flood plane and shopping districts.

If you want spoilers though, it’s been a month or so since I played it but I’m pretty sure it is in the high school but it’s multi day event. Pretty sure it’s a shy person by the shoe lockers near the entrance.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Doing a replay of Eternal Punishment to try out the Ellen route.

After getting knocked out by the Joker, Ulala's reaction to waking up in Philemon's place and thinking she died being, "Oh gently caress me, what did I even do with my life? :smith:" is extremely relatable.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tomorrow is "Mission 3 START!" day.

I need to actually a book a day where I have enough time to do it, lol... palace 2 had a convenient forced break so they were reasonable size but this is gonna be the first one where I could do it all in one go. I don't foresee any problems with resources, it will simply be about time.

Oh I suppose I need to consider... can I play darts with Makoto right away or is it one of those things where they're like "we have a mission"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You can play darts with her right away and you should.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can play darts with any party member the instant they join your party. Which is a really annoying technicality in Haru's case.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh well then I definitely won't be entering the palace tomorrow then lol

Meanwhile

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I think the fourth dungeon in P4 was the first one that I managed to do in a single shot, and even then that was mostly due to finally being able to afford the fox's ~50,000 yen fox drugs. I still haven't re-encountered that girl who was the subject of his first request either so that particular S-Link is looking like a total bust.

The mandatory grinding in P4 is really a pain in the rear end. Should I just knock the difficulty down to Easy or whatever so I don't have to waste time on it?

(Sorry to keep asking dumb questions. Despite knowing the major spoilers there have still been a lot of fun little minor surprises along the way like the stuff that goes down at the end of dungeon 3 so I'm still trying to avoid wider internet resources until I finish a playthrough. I really like P4 so far, honestly if it weren't for the pointless grinding I think I might prefer it over P5, although that is of course a matter of personal preference).

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 21, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

I think the fourth dungeon in P4 was the first one that I managed to do in a single shot, and even then that was mostly due to finally being able to afford the fox's ~50,000 yen fox drugs. I still haven't re-encountered that girl who was the subject of his first request either so that particular S-Link is looking like a total bust.

The mandatory grinding in P4 is really a pain in the rear end. Should I just knock the difficulty down to Easy or whatever so I don't have to waste time on it?

(Sorry to keep asking dumb questions. Despite knowing the major spoilers there have still been a lot of fun little minor surprises along the way like the stuff that goes down at the end of dungeon 3 so I'm still trying to avoid wider internet resources until I finish a playthrough. I really like P4 so far, honestly if it weren't for the pointless grinding I think I might prefer it over P5, although that is of course a matter of personal preference).

For the first Fox req you gotta talk to a school girl twice over two days at two locations

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man I thought P5R would auto save to cloud and I'd be okay, but it looks like my save is gone forever now.

This is going from PS4 to PS5

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Honestly after the fourth dungeon or so things start becoming much easier. You just keep rotating party members as needed to hit weaknesses of the current dungeon set and keep everyone up to date.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Sapozhnik posted:

If you're playing the Steam version IIRC they have the more granular difficulty selection of the NG+on Vita enabled by default, so I think you can just turn up exp and yen yields from battles if you're feeling it's too grindy. Though I never had to grind on my playthroughs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

You can play darts with her right away and you should.

I have "one-shotted" it

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

started a new Royal run and man it's nuts how good Kamoshida's Palace is in terms of both story placement and tutorial wise

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Morgana please...

Following "the rules" I have had to put off doing the palace until the weekend lol, they really get on your case don't they

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol it’s so true, if you’re even one day off from infiltration you get all the IMs about the palace. Then again you do get a bunch if you finish early

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Even if you do the palace as early as possible, your team still absolutely bombards you with texts like "is this the one time the change of heart doesn't work? it's worked every other time but what if it doesnt work this time???????"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Make persona 5 royaler. Only changes are letting you put your phone on silent and making Mona an outside cat

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm on 1/24 of Royal, just waiting for a certain day, but I've enjoyed this much more than I did vanilla. Unfortunately for me it took until I got past the point I dropped P5 to actually start finding things to like in the game, and I liked the "ending" and how it continues into the third semester. Still kinda eh on the new girl, and most of the cast really, and I still really don't care for the music much, but I've definitely softened on my dislike for those things.

How the game treats Ann following the first arc is still loving awful, but even that goes away the further you get, I think the last really bad scene is right before Futaba's Palace.

Made a baller Yoshitsune, set Mementos to 200% exp and did a bunch of driving around and now I'm like rich as gently caress, level 90+, and Yoshi is 99. I'm totally fine with the game being a breeze, I've put 140+ hours in and I'm pretty eager to move on.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Got Strikers via Steam sale after completing P5R two months ago and seeing that reunion scene at the start is heartwarming.

E: Wow, I actually finished P5R in April.

anakha fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 26, 2021

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RubberLuffy posted:

I still really don't care for the music much

:mods:

RubberLuffy posted:

How the game treats Ann following the first arc is still loving awful, but even that goes away the further you get, I think the last really bad scene is right before Futaba's Palace.

On the bright side the devs realized they had given Ann a raw deal so they gave her a bit more space in the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't finish Royal, but isn't Ann living with Shiho in the alternate timeline?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 27, 2021