Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Rah! posted:

the aliens are visiting because they are fascinated by music, which is actually unique to humans

their favorite song is fight song

do you think they liked this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhuh9b_qFfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

they’re here for our hazelnuts, we’ve been over this

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

they’re here for our hazelnuts, we’ve been over this

filbert harvesting aliens......

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

I read all the stuff on the UAP Theory site and it was entertaining (if rather insufferably written) but then I made the mistake of checking out the twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1406423400776613890

between this and the tweets about Dolores Cannon it seems the author is just another woowoo idiot too bad :/

oh no

the website is pretty cool and as grounded as you possibly can be when discussing this stuff

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Ignoring the handful that are real, none of them are real.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

alcubierre drives are fueled by Nutella

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Love ADF, just hacky enough to write 100 movie tie-ins but also do his own poo poo. Bloodhype maybe his best original, or Midworld

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

That was one of the worst things I've ever seen thanks I hate it.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Source4Leko posted:

That was one of the worst things I've ever seen thanks I hate it.

the democrat party owns

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Log082 posted:

I'm not saying nuclear plants shouldn't be better maintained - because they should - but they're remarkably robust.

Fukushima was a flawed outdated design to begin with, stupidly built in a tsunami zone, had never been updated with regard to safety over the years, got hit by a massive worst case scenario, and ultimately still resulted in less environmental damage than a fossil fuel plant just running normally

every argument against nuclear power is either fabrication or deliberately isolated from the actually existing context of global power generation

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Aliens actually wrote "For What It's Worth" in 1967 as part of the CIA's Laurel Canyon Operation.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Fukushima was a flawed outdated design to begin with, stupidly built in a tsunami zone, had never been updated with regard to safety over the years, got hit by a massive worst case scenario, and ultimately still resulted in less environmental damage than a fossil fuel plant just running normally

every argument against nuclear power is either fabrication or deliberately isolated from the actually existing context of global power generation

Yeah, pretty much. We could be building the latest generation designs which are pretty much impossible to break, but that would involve building more nuclear, so.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:smith:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the democrat party owns

Guaranteed boomer libs ate it up tho.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I hope aliens understand internet sarcasm :ohdear:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

dew worm posted:

I hope aliens understand internet sarcasm :ohdear:

Maybe that's what there here for. Perhaps they can appreciate shitposting but cannot do it themselves as their brains are not broken like all of ours are. TRMP!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.wbrz.com/news/authorities-searching-for-possible-crashed-plane-in-east-feliciana

quote:

EAST FELICIANA - First responders say their Thursday night search for a plane that reportedly went down near River Road south of LA-10 was eventually determined to be a false alarm.

This update was provided Friday morning, around 7 a.m., with officials reporting that neither was a plane nor any debris found in the area.

On Thursday night, sources said members of law enforcement were dispatched after emergency operators received 911 calls from residents who reported seeing a plane clip power lines as it descended.

Authorities say they also received a report of seeing a red beacon locator glowing in a field.

A helicopter was used to search the area, and law enforcement set up a staging location, but no indication of a crashed plane was found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/o4gfzz/southern_louisiana_sighting_grainy_shaky_details/

quote:

So the other night (6/17/21) I was on the way home from work at around 11:30 P.M. central time. I was heading westbound towards Baton Rouge on the I-10 when I noticed what I initially believed to either be a star or other naturally occurring celestial body in the sky. It was relatively small and ab the size and shape of a star (at least from my perspective) but was a strange bright orange color. It took me a few minutes to realize that this “star” appeared to be slowly falling from the sky at a weird angle. Around this time I started thinking that I should record this but I was driving on the interstate and didn’t want to risk an accident, so I decided to wait until I got off on exit 221. As I approached the exit I realize that there was a line of trees that would obscure the object from my vision once it fell low enough behind them so I hurried and got my cell phone and started recording on Snapchat. Fortunately, I managed to capture it on camera for about 5 seconds before it dipped behind the tree line and I couldn’t see it anymore. After I took the video I went into Snapchat’s video editing options and zoomed as far in as I could on the object without completely distorting the video and also slowed it down to about half the speed. This is the version of the video I posted here though I still have the original copy if anyone’s interested in seeing it. After this I saved the video and didn’t think too much of it until earlier today when I was at a restaurant with my father and I saw the article about a Roswell like crash in southern LA not far from where we live. After reading the article and checking the date it was posted I told him about the video and showed it to him, and he suggested that I post it here to show you guys. I don’t know what to make of this and I have no plausible explanation for what it could be. One thing I do know is that it wasn’t a plane. I live 5 minutes from the New Orleans International Airport and I have seen planes everyday for my entire life at different altitudes both leaving and coming in for landing. There were no blinking lights, no wings that were visible to me and I heard no sound (though that might be due to distance).

TL;DR: Saw an orange light that resembled a star slowly fall from the sky while driving on the interstate, caught the last couple seconds of visibility on camera and didn’t think much of it until I read about the supposed crash not far from where I took the video.
:raise:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

my bony fealty posted:

I read all the stuff on the UAP Theory site and it was entertaining (if rather insufferably written) but then I made the mistake of checking out the twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1406423400776613890

between this and the tweets about Dolores Cannon it seems the author is just another woowoo idiot too bad :/

this chimes with what i remember of twin peaks s3 so im gonna roll with it

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

This is how you see aliens. Dude tossed this in our order of edibles. Yaaa buddy.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

helta posted:

This is how you see aliens. Dude tossed this in our order of edibles. Yaaa buddy.

Dude what the gently caress, where?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

helta posted:

this is amazing

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Dude what the gently caress, where?

Come up to south eastern ontario canada. The indigenous peeps dont gently caress around. 😀

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

helta posted:

Come up to south eastern ontario canada. The indigenous peeps dont gently caress around. 😀

im beyond jealous, ive had to grow my own. id gently caress that bar up in one go, 3g is a good dose

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/California-LA-Dots.mp4

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

im beyond jealous, ive had to grow my own. id gently caress that bar up in one go, 3g is a good dose

Lol u can see my posting history on shrooms. Dont know if I can do it all in one sitting these days, just too much chocolate. Would rather do it raw.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

tea for me
flying saucers when i can find em

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Gumby is down with the greys

https://twitter.com/gumbyscreens/status/1406754156837285894

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

The Saucer Hovers posted:

tea for me

Ahhhhhh gently caress

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pooky posted:

Ignoring the handful that are real, none of them are real.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

tea for me

those are birds

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ball lightning, what's the deal with that

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/livemint/status/1406088462923571200

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's happening

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i'm gonna be mad if we don't get some entertaining slop in the upcoming report

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would eat an alien

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Dolphin posted:

i would eat an alien

's rear end

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i've communicated with the space people and they have given me a vision

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Jun 21, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

It's so hosed up that were deprived of First Contact with Donald Trump.

He would be so jazzed to meet someone named the tall whites

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lightning balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Dolphin posted:

lightning balls