Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
There's nothing helpful or insightful about saying "hey, check out this information that's pertinent to the discussion".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Roddy Piper shooting on Saba Simba on usenet.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

read mick foley's book sweaty

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Angela has a fake verification emoji in her name lol

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Angela has a fake verification emoji in her name lol
...no? https://emojipedia.org/fish-cake-with-swirl/

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Big Dave posted:

read mick foley's book sweaty

I did this multiple times living in a non air-conditioned apartment a few years after Have a Nice Day came out.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

rob, do you ever think

Fixed that for you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

How dare you interrupt our weird back and forth strawmen argument to nobody in particular.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, it’s not called “fake verification emoji” but that’s the function it’s trying to serve.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zombie Lemur posted:

Yeah, but we were robbed of a Mason the Mutilator vs Ice Dagger feud by Foley and Austin not accepting poo poo gimmicks.

Very selfish of them to not consider the potential for future memes.

Go for the gusto and aim for Chilly McFreeze.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

its the dreamcast emoji

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

...when did this start?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it was released in 1998 in japan and 1999 in the rest of the world

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

People put that there because if you look at it quickly it kinda looks like the verification icon

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

it was released in 1998 in japan and 1999 in the rest of the world

I love Sonic Adventure 2.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is Rob doing ok? When I met him years ago, he seemed like a pretty normal dude

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Sega Dreamcast was pretty cool. I cannot remember any games for it because I was only allowed nintendo products as a child, but it seemed cool when I played it at other locations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

karmicknight posted:

The Sega Dreamcast was pretty cool. I cannot remember any games for it because I was only allowed nintendo products as a child, but it seemed cool when I played it at other locations.

The Berserk game on it was pretty rad, plus like Power Stone and a bunch of real good arcade stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not up on current WWE. Is there some repackaged bad gimmick of some recognizable player that brought on this?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think he's talking about anything specific, he just wanted everyone to know those darn viewers ruin everything in WWE these days. He made a post a while back about the Montreal Screwjob 'tricking' people into thinking Vince was evil.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not up on current WWE. Is there some repackaged bad gimmick of some recognizable player that brought on this?

Probably Raw treating Piper Niven as an unidentifiable brand new competitor despite having been a perennial NXT UK Women’s Champion Contender and someone who’s had deep runs in the Mae Young Classic.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

davidbix posted:

...what? Seriously...what?
https://twitter.com/acomicbookgirl/status/1406801172652904448
https://twitter.com/acomicbookgirl/status/1406811614448295937
Apparently a calm and respectful "this is a bad example, Mick explains what he thought of the gimmick in his first book" tweet is as "jackass" being the opposite of "being helpful and insightful." At least if you're Rob's friend, Angela.

Meanwhile, also from Rob:
https://twitter.com/robschamberger/status/1406761932032512004
https://twitter.com/robschamberger/status/1406763086770589696
Some of the replies are great, though:
https://twitter.com/youdiedagain/status/1406772259042254851

Why would you post something on Twitter and then get mad that people are responding to it? Isn't that the entire loving point of the app?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JT Smiley posted:

Why would you post something on Twitter and then get mad that people are responding to it? Isn't that the entire loving point of the app?

no its to put eyes on promoted tweets and expose you to as much racism as humanly possible.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That sadly makes sense.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Conrad_Birdie posted:

People put that there because if you look at it quickly it kinda looks like the verification icon
...but it doesn't. At all. It's a completely different color, for starters.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I don't understand wanting to be verified on Twitter. Especially not so much that you'd fake it. All it does is that it makes it so that your bad takes can be traced to you directly instead of some cool persona.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

davidbix posted:

I would think that us here on the pro graps forums would understand that there are no limits to just how badly people will try to fake things.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Dawgstar posted:

Go for the gusto and aim for Chilly McFreeze.

Give me Baron von Ruthless or give me death.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

Think about the thread you're in and the people who get posted in it. Also in dark mode the verified badge is white

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

mr big verified account over here forgot what its like for the little guy. for the rest of us an emoji that barely looks like a checkmark is as close as we're allowed to get

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the lore of the fish cake emoji

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Once again dark mode supremacy

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Big Dave posted:

mr big verified account over here forgot what its like for the little guy. for the rest of us an emoji that barely looks like a checkmark is as close as we're allowed to get
THEY HAVE VERIFICATION REQUESTS OPEN AGAIN. ANYONE CAN DO WHAT I DID.

But enough of that!

Rob has elected to go with "I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!" even though his friends were replying as if he wasn't being sarcastic about the idea that current fans are uniquely negative or the first to complain online or whatever and then he replied back in kind:
https://twitter.com/robschamberger/status/1406939785114042374

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

IGgy IGsen posted:

I don't understand wanting to be verified on Twitter. Especially not so much that you'd fake it. All it does is that it makes it so that your bad takes can be traced to you directly instead of some cool persona.

It’s still funny to me that lowtax never got verified lol.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cut Rob a break, guys, how else is he going to get on The Bump?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

JT Smiley posted:

I would screenshot this one person's tweets that I wasn't following, not tag them, and just laugh at their stupid opinions. They actually paid a lawyer to send me a cease and desist order, despite the lawyer practicing about 6 states away from me and not being on the bar anywhere near where I lived.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Has anyone ever considered that the people faking verification on their twitter are doing so as a tribute to Dixie Carter?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

davidbix posted:

Rob has elected to go with "I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!" even though his friends were replying as if he wasn't being sarcastic about the idea that current fans are uniquely negative or the first to complain online or whatever and then he replied back in kind:

The Law of Schrodinger's Twitter: I was both being serious and sarcastic depending on the reaction I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

davidbix posted:

I thought she was verified when I was reading this thread ln...