Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
timeshares but for normal residential housing. like an open office concept where you never have the same desk twice, except for your bed.

what a time to be alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Canada is poo poo which is why China should ban business interactions and money coming into Canada

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

also sending students to a genocidal country like Canada is definitely something China should also ban

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
drat can't believe we got owned for genocide by a country actively perpetrating a genocide

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Got my 2nd moderna a couple days ago (28 ON, vaxxhunters FTW) and can confirm it kicked my rear end the day after, felt like pure rear end until like 5pm and took the day off

Yeah it completely hosed me up until I smoked some weed

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah it completely hosed me up until I smoked some weed

My epitaph

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Modern geopolitics is just twitter users posting "no u" at each other until one of them gets blown up

It was cool when the KSA threatened to 9/11 the CN tower tbh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

an absolute cosmic tier display of big words and no balls

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Ya I got a hotel downtown in anticipation, what a waste of money

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
lmao I forgot about that one.

loving scumbags. Let's make sure we sell them even more LAVs, London Ontario's pride and joy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the CN tower is solid concrete, i don't think flying a plane at it would even damage it

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Rutibex posted:

the CN tower is solid concrete, i don't think flying a plane at it would even damage it

What would even be the damage? 30 rich assholes eating at the restaurant, it would probably fall onto like 10% of the mostly empty skydome. So we'd really just be mourning a handful of tower employees and call it a day

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rutibex posted:

Nope, it's very much hollow, and the inside looks like something out of a Descent game:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
chunks of plane falling on the aquarium next door would probably be the worst of it

that being said I haven't done the math of what the kinetic energy of a 787 dreamliner splatting into a big slab of concrete at full throttle looks like because I like being able to get through airport security

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

drat can't believe we got owned for genocide by a country actively perpetrating a genocide

agreed, canada should stop owning itself

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

fisting by many posted:

agreed, canada should stop owning itself

disagree. we should START owning ourselves

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

disagree. we should START owning ourselves

Just meet in the middle and start owning more Natives

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I change my stance. I have been convinced by the national post that it’s better to rent a nation than own it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
tbf I'd rather pay a 99 year lease to the kwantlen first nation than pay a 30 year million dollar mortgage to a bank

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

tbf I'd rather pay a 99 year lease to the kwantlen first nation than pay a 30 year million dollar mortgage to a bank

man if we actually did give it all back and then leased it we’d actually see some tenant rights laws passed for a change

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
should ban foreign ownership of both residential and commercial property, put a huge tax on ownership of multiple properties

it’s extremely hosed up that literally having a home over your head in Canada is a “privilege”

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

should ban foreign ownership of both residential and commercial property, put a huge tax on ownership of multiple properties

it’s extremely hosed up that literally having a home over your head in Canada is a “privilege”

and not having one is criminalized

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

and not having one is criminalized

absolutely this too

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Do it ironically posted:

I said this to somebody recently and they said I was being racist

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rutibex posted:

timeshares but for normal residential housing. like an open office concept where you never have the same desk twice, except for your bed.

what a time to be alive

This is incredibly disingenuous.

There's no indication that you won't have to share your bed too.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bleck posted:

I said this to somebody recently and they said I was being racist

and recognizing Palestine is anti Semitic.

China is running the Netanyahu playbook in Canada hardcore these days

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Do it ironically posted:

First house: low property tax. Second house: x5 the rate. Third house: x50, etc. Owning an apartment complex counts as owning however many dozens of houses.

Also a 100% tax on all income or assets gained in a year over $500,000.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Noblesse Obliged posted:

and recognizing Palestine is anti Semitic.

China is running the Netanyahu playbook in Canada hardcore these days

I think it started with the american right wing media suddenly going hard against China for mostly the same old nationalist reasons (they're gonna take our jobs/take over the economy/rule the world) but also mentioning Hong Kong and the Uyghur genocide as bad things the "bad guys" did.

For some reason there's a pervasive belief that it's absolutely impossible for a chud to say even a single correct thing, and thus they can bend reality by stating the opposite. So because Fox News hates China, the CCP is good. I guess.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Fashionable Jorts posted:

First house: low property tax. Second house: x5 the rate. Third house: x50, etc. Owning an apartment complex counts as owning however many dozens of houses.

Also a 100% tax on all income or assets gained in a year over $500,000.

you don't want to penalize apartment complexes too hard or else we're going to continue getting forever stretches of suburbs for realestate development, exclusively.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
first nations peoples make up a staggering proportion of canada's homeless population but liberals think that opposing mass foreign absentee home ownership is the real racial injustice

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Rockstar Massacre posted:

you don't want to penalize apartment complexes too hard or else we're going to continue getting forever stretches of suburbs for realestate development, exclusively.

In an ideal world, that policy came alongside massive investment in public housing that's mostly medium density and basically becomes the defacto way property is distributed, but then we're in full on pipe dream territory.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Rockstar Massacre posted:

In korea apartment buildings aren't owned by giant management companies. usually one complex has a ton of landlords who own a couple to several units each. then the residents vote on which landlord should be the manager.

I'm not sure why that is. I guess there's taxes if you own too many properties, so development companies just dump all the units as soon as they're built rather than renting them out themselves.

Housing here is completely hosed up, in the sense that the rental system is crazy and doesn't make any sense at all, not in the sense that prices are high. My new place is $550/mo. Just over 1/3rd of what my rent was in Canada. I'm going to have savings! Imagine that.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
AB and SK are about to open er up! MB is most likely gonna follow suit so you folks in Toronto and Vancouver can start shopping for houses in Winkler and Steinbach if you have a WFH job. There's about to be a bunch on the market. Just don't start loving whining about the cost of plots in cemeteries.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Noblesse Obliged posted:

man if we actually did give it all back and then leased it we’d actually see some tenant rights laws passed for a change

housing and tenancy regulations are under the control of elected band council. they don't have to comply with provincial acts, but they tend to be fairly close.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

first nations peoples make up a staggering proportion of canada's homeless population but liberals think that opposing mass foreign absentee home ownership is the real racial injustice

Pretty racist to just say "country's full, no house for you" imo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
im surprised that sask is jumping to reopen so fast, moe for all his faults seemed to have his head on somewhat straight during the pandemic but i guess cons are going to serve the base of nutjobs whenever possible

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Pretty racist to just say "country's full, no house for you" imo

When you definitely know what 'absentee' means

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

flashy_mcflash posted:

When you definitely know what 'absentee' means

Notably it's only the foreign ones they're concerned about. Homegrown monopolies are a-okay! Typical yellow peril boogeyman bullshit.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
MFW wokescolds are so eager to accuse someone of racism they start stanning for rich landlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's important to be cognizant of when "no war but the class war" is used as a cover for doing racism