Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/DickVanKlondike/status/1406798302637592577

Amazed that people are seriously praising this match.

Weird choice to insert John Cena into a women's title match, but apparently he got a good and proper kicking for his trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looks like I was right to only watch Bianca/Bayley and then tube the gently caress out of the rest.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Alexa Bliss ripping off moves from CZW, I never thought I’d see the day

https://youtu.be/-xIYVw3ZPJk

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If you can hypnotize your opponent, why not just hypnotize them for the three count?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

"The best women's division in the world".

At a certain point you just have to wonder how bad the morale really is, or if the cult is really that strong.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
The only thing I'm surprised at about the Alexa match is that they didn't go all in and have Shayna become Alexa's mind controlled underling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

was this a shoot?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Golden Bee posted:

Apparently WWE has a new scam credit card, with a whopping 23.99% interest rate. IRS would kill you for taking it

Get on WCW's level, marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4vMhgaBjY

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

was this a shoot?

Apparently it was taunting Ripley because Charlotte was yelling "YOU GONNA KICK ME?" while doing the air kicks. Which is somehow even loving lamer than if she'd just botched,

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You could put a copy of Mick Foley's first book in the gap between Owens' foot and Zayn's chest.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

DarkstarIV posted:

Sums up everyone's thoughts. Match was utter dogshit.

There's a new one :dance:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 21, 2021

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Every time I hear about the latest FEINDLORE I get so sad. Cena vs The Fiend and Bryan vs The Fiend were so fun, and despite everything that went wrong with Bray's deal I was really interested in the idea of Alexa as a 2nd Fiend. This whole thing could have been something really special, they finally went all-in on a supernatural concept for the first time since Taker. And it became sub-Papa Shango level nonsense.

Every update this thread and WOL's youtube channel gives me makes it clear that giving up on this company was the right move. Its too bad I actually like Peacock, I hate that any percentage of my five bucks is going vince's way, but at least I'm not dirtying my algorithm with it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Bianca Bailey was good

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We put on Peacock last night around 9:30pm to check if they've uploaded the early years of Law & Order yet (they haven't) and Hell in a Cell wasn't even being advertised on the main page.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

We put on Peacock last night around 9:30pm to check if they've uploaded the early years of Law & Order yet (they haven't) and Hell in a Cell wasn't even being advertised on the main page.

What about Homicide?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lid posted:

What about Homicide?

I don't think ROH ran a show last night

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That’s the thing I don’t understand. As someone with a Peacock account that has watched multiple WWE events, I still have to dig to find each PPV on the service

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

That’s the thing I don’t understand. As someone with a Peacock account that has watched multiple WWE events, I still have to dig to find each PPV on the service

The algorithm can sense the stink radiating from the WWE product and is merely trying to protect the innocent.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I think Charlotte's mocking/taunt Rhea in that clip, but the camera cuts and poor mic pickup don't lend themselves to that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Procrastinator posted:

"The best women's division in the world".

At a certain point you just have to wonder how bad the morale really is, or if the cult is really that strong.

I mean from a business sense, calling something you have the "best in the world" isn't unusual. The problem is that WWE has poo poo the bed with their women's division booking across all three brands so you can't even take that seriously.

RAW is the Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley show, both of whom are incredibly loving lame AND awful in the ring. And then you have Alexa and her dumbass voodoo magic that no one likes.

Smackdown has Bianca...who has ran over the entire division already. Multiple times. Also the women are lucky to get more than 5 minutes a week because god forbid Roman get less than an hour every week. The only other storyline is a generic pretty girl storyline between Carmella and Liv.

NXT has the problem where Raquel isn't losing the title before she feuds with Dakota, which could be awhile still. Doesn't help that she's not over, and predictably is overshadowed by Io Shirai still.

The real kicker is that WWE is trying to spin Rhea/Bianca/Raquel as the future of the company and on the same level as the horsewomen when in reality, only Bianca could be seen at that level. They desperately downplay (and in some cases outright bury as of late) Asuka, Ember, Shotzi, Io, Candice. Women that fans actually like and want to see at the top.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Charlotte has some hiccups and can't seem to improvise ( getting her poo poo in on Kairi and I think a spot wiht Dana where Dana did a flying nothing but Charlotte sold anyways, for example) but she isn't terrible when she has someone good to help work with her.

I really thought Candace would get a callup and a look at SD or RAW...unless she wants to stay at NXT?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

I really thought Candace would get a callup and a look at SD or RAW...unless she wants to stay at NXT?

She's pretty much tied to Johnny and he's an NXT lifer

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Plus her and Indi are the current women's tag NXT women's tag champions. So might as well stay there and hold a belt instead of being forgotten on the main roster.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bianca Bailey was good

i thought sami vs owens was good too because it felt like a real fight even if the commentary was trying more to get general azeez samoan spike move over more than the match.

Digital Jedi posted:

Plus her and Indi are the current women's tag NXT women's tag champions. So might as well stay there and hold a belt instead of being forgotten on the main roster.

god i still cant get over how funny it is that the one time it was the easiest to have the wwe womens tag champions to defend the titles on nxt they just decided not to to do that and to make a 2nd set of women's tag titles in the lamest way possible.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 21, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

From the results it looks like this is the first WWE show to have more womens than mens matches, which is at least mildly interesting from a historical standpoint?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hoss Corncave posted:

The only thing I'm surprised at about the Alexa match is that they didn't go all in and have Shayna become Alexa's mind controlled underling.

they're saving that for monday night so USA won't bitch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

From the results it looks like this is the first WWE show to have more womens than mens matches, which is at least mildly interesting from a historical standpoint?

Evolution :v:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

they're saving that for monday night so USA won't bitch

I'm half expecting USA to want to get a better thing on RAW than Hell In A Cell and demand a Royal Rumble or something. Maybe WWE hot-shotting stupid matches onto their TV shows and angering the different networks will be the thing that triggers their downfall.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

Evolution :v:

Okay, yes, but A: that's different and B: I'm fairly confident the current line is that Evolution never happened

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Was randomly reminded of the like 2 month stint where all matches were 2 out of 3 falls so that there was no wrestling during commercials and I started laughing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm half expecting USA to want to get a better thing on RAW than Hell In A Cell and demand a Royal Rumble or something. Maybe WWE hot-shotting stupid matches onto their TV shows and angering the different networks will be the thing that triggers their downfall.

"look we set the fiend on fire on live television, what more you do you want??"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Was randomly reminded of the like 2 month stint where all matches were 2 out of 3 falls so that there was no wrestling during commercials and I started laughing

Remember that brief period where they dimmed the lights in the third hour of Raw and someone said "poo poo" and everyone was freaking out declaring the attitude era is back?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

god i still cant get over how funny it is that the one time it was the easiest to have the wwe womens tag champions to defend the titles on nxt they just decided not to to do that and to make a 2nd set of women's tag titles in the lamest way possible.

The funnier part is that Dakota and Raquel were just handed the titles...just to lose them an hour later to Ember and Shotzi. Doesn't help that there are very few tag teams in NXT, and Candice and Indi have already cleared out all of the babyface teams, so WWE is having to throw two people together in Io/Zoey.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Remember that brief period where they dimmed the lights in the third hour of Raw and someone said "poo poo" and everyone was freaking out declaring the attitude era is back?

raw underground

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

narrator: it won’t

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

raw underground

The 24/7 division

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i don't even bother to watch clips or gifs anymore, i just kind of keep up from a distance

watched that bliss clip and the cuts made me actually dizzy/ill

how does anyone watch that for hours at a time and i mean actually, physically, how does anyone watch it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

a lot WWE's ratings are people leaving the channel on. I'd love to see the Peacock metrics.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

mactheknife posted:

i don't even bother to watch clips or gifs anymore, i just kind of keep up from a distance

watched that bliss clip and the cuts made me actually dizzy/ill

how does anyone watch that for hours at a time and i mean actually, physically, how does anyone watch it

They are on their phone, making sure raw is the number one trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

projecthalaxy posted:

The 24/7 division

Who is even the current champ? Is it back on R-Truth?