Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Isn't that Sebastian Tynkkynen?

Ei, joku muu öyhö. Kuvasi hetken selfie kameralla streematessaan ja koppalakissa oli jonkin sortin natsahtava kotka. Kaveri on suunnilleen sen näköinen mitä kuvittelinkin. #natsileiri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

hailaa hikisenä yllä kutiavat reproreleet väännä vitun kusipää ja striimaa ja selätä käkkäräpää

Natsi-, natsileiri

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

El Perkele posted:

hailaa hikisenä yllä kutiavat reproreleet väännä vitun kusipää ja striimaa ja selätä käkkäräpää

Natsi-, natsileiri

Lähetä natsisi vuodeksi meille, sinulla on äkkiä aikaa...

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11991803 Huh?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Fascinating. Given that he's not planning on retiring from politics altogether, maybe he is content playing the grey eminence to whoever is picked to succeed him; less responsibility but almost as much influence that way. The party seems to be capable of living a life of its own and it's not like Halla-aho is particularly charismatic as a leader (unless you suppose appealing to Esson baari is its own kind of charisma).

Edit: maybe he will do a personal version of the Perskeko cycle: the party will win the next elections, go into a government coalition, have its popularity collapse, and he'll ride to the rescue. He'd much rather be an opposition leader than go through the rigamarole of compromising in a coalition and working as minister.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 21, 2021

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

It'd be interesting to see Purra as a leader because she's insane, stupid and insanely stupid, but would also lead a party of misogynists.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I laugh at this 10 year embargo letter. Good way to keep yourself as a looming presence in front of your fans.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Asteroid Alert posted:

I laugh at this 10 year embargo letter. Good way to keep yourself as a looming presence in front of your fans.

Lol what the gently caress is this:

klo 12:19: Halla-aho kertoo laatineensa pitkän ja perusteellisen tiedotteen, jossa hän kertoo ratkaisunsa taustoista. Halla-ahon mukaan tiedotteessa on 10 vuoden embargo eli julkaisukielto.

klo 12:19: Halla-ahon tiedotteen embargo on hänen mukaansa 21.6.2031.

klo 12:20: Halla-aho luovuttaa tiedotteensa yhdelle politiikasta työkseen kirjoittavalle henkilölle, johon hän kertoo luottavansa. Tämä henkilö antaa tiedotteen Halla-ahon mukaan julkisuuteen kymmenen vuoden kuluttua.

Odds on it being Special Reporter Haapala?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

TEUVO ÖYH ÖYH ÖYH

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

H-A can now fully focus on his work in the Helsinki city council, now that he has the people's mandate behind him.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The developing Conventional Wisdom seems to be that Cock needs the cover of someone more palatable being the leader of PS so that they can form a coalition in 2023. Since this aligns with the Hellworld principle, I think it's correct.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
It is the 21st of June, 2031. A grizzled reporter pulls out a dusty envelope, unseals it, and pulls out the document within. Inside is a 200-page document, written by a rambling madman, titled "Lopullinen Ratkaisuni", by J. Halla-aho.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
many people like him have posted manifestos before, but usually online and instantly available

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
lol etc. but I respect that he doesn't endorse anyone, at least not publicly. Maybe not privately also? Because if he was doing that just say it in public too.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

he is 100% endorsing someone privately. he is not a man of principles despite what bullshit he spews.

persus being persus, someone being endorsed privately doesn't necessarily mean some random utter psycho won't become the new partyleader because that's what their base wants. if there have been backroom deals with cocks, i don't think they'll be happy if its some insane lunatic in charge lmbo.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Catpain Slack posted:

It is the 21st of June, 2031. A grizzled reporter pulls out a dusty envelope, unseals it, and pulls out the document within. Inside is a 200-page document, written by a rambling madman, titled "Minun Taisteluni", by J. Halla-aho.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Näinä vaikeina aikoina puolueen johtoon tarvitaan joku uusi kyky puolueen ulkopuolelta. Vaikka joku espoolainen maisterisjätkä.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Russian campaign finance or a second mistress who fails the Tikkurilan värikartta test of Persu acceptability? Place your bets, place your bets!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Ruskea lehtolapsi -teoria saa rahani

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

quote:

Halla-aho ei halunnut avata tarkemmin syitä siihen, miksi hän jättää puheenjohtajan tehtävät.

– Mikään ei olisi minulle mieluisampaa kuin olla teille täysin avoin. Mutta täydellinen avoimuus on ylellisyyttä, johon minulla ei ole varaa, hän sanoi.

Halla-aho uskoo, että jos hän kertoisi taustoista, hänen sanomisiaan käytettäisiin perussuomalaisia vastaan.

– Ilmoitin lähipiirilleni vuosi sitten asiasta, Halla-aho sanoi.

What the gently caress did you do, Jussi? If you were sick, you'd say so and everyone would understand. So, what the gently caress did you do that is so damaging you gotta quit?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

It could be something about the party finances. I forget the details but at least under Soini the party finances were organized in a really weird and obtuse way, where all they money actually went to a foundation run by Soini instead of the party itself. But I think that was sorted out when the party split.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's persut, even if it was Russian campaign finance or some other shady money poo poo, they wouldn't care. So it has to be something related to the only thing any persuvoter cares about - racism. Considering his past hairahdukset:

Nenonen posted:

Personally I hope Purra picks it up because she is hilariously loving stupid.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This reminds me of a post two years ago during the run-in to the EU elections...

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Speaking to Danish newspaper Politiken, Iltalehti reports that Halla-aho commented that he has no "personal ambitions" to become the prime minister or any sort of minister for that matter. Indeed, he's already made up his mind when it comes to his future plans, but he's not telling until after the EU elections in May. The next party convention at the end of June will be "interesting" when it comes to his future plans. What matters to him that TF becomes big enough that other parties have to adapt to their immigration policies, like what happened in Denmark and Austria.

So we might not even get TEH MASTER on the helm, but maybe one of his lackies. I shudder to think of the alternatives.

Might be totally unrelated, but it's interesting that he already had some future plans fixed back then.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

It's probably just a change of face so we can have PersKok without TOO much takinkääntö.

So, how stupid is Purra? All I know about her is that she's a generic younger female face to parade around.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
I only know that she is a former environmentalist turned väestönsiirtoteoria fascist

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Purra is all of the below plus incapable of holding a coherent thought for more than a minute or two before the crazy comes out.

slowdave posted:

It'd be interesting to see Purra as a leader because she's insane, stupid and insanely stupid, but would also lead a party of misogynists.

Whatever happens next it sure as hell won't be boring to watch :munch:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

It's probably just a change of face so we can have PersKok without TOO much takinkääntö.

So, how stupid is Purra? All I know about her is that she's a generic younger female face to parade around.

Pretty drat stupid. Like 0.71 kilohakkarainen stupid.

Here are some of her greatest hits.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 21, 2021

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Google: Finnish law statute of limitations 10 years.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Kiitos Mestari 14-88 17-21

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/panuraatikainen/status/1406926566475567105

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Asteroid Alert posted:

Google: Finnish law statute of limitations 10 years.

Törkeä kiihottaminen kansanryhmää vastaan, max. rangaistus 4 v. -> vanhenemisaika 10 v.

Tai sitten olisi tarjolla sisäpiirikauppaa tai valtiopetoksen valmistelua

Oikeasti veikkaan että Halla-aho yksinkertaisesti kypsyi siihen miten kädettömästi puoluetta käytännössä johdetaan eikä sellaista likapyykkiä voi pestä julkisuudessa. Ehkä toivoo että nimetyt tahot ovat siirtyneet taka-alalle (tai ymmärtävät siirtyä) 10 v. kuluessa. Ja sopivasti toimi myös huomiosyöttinä ihmisille, spekulointi on kivaa.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 21, 2021

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Mestari Juselius just had enough of Teuvo drinking all the beers in the fridge

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Paavolle avautui uusi mahdollisuus.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Never thought I'd see Paavo leading PS in 2021.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sulphagnist posted:

Törkeä kiihottaminen kansanryhmää vastaan, max. rangaistus 4 v. -> vanhenemisaika 10 v.

Tai sitten olisi tarjolla sisäpiirikauppaa tai valtiopetoksen valmistelua

Oikeasti veikkaan että Halla-aho yksinkertaisesti kypsyi siihen miten kädettömästi puoluetta käytännössä johdetaan eikä sellaista likapyykkiä voi pestä julkisuudessa. Ehkä toivoo että nimetyt tahot ovat siirtyneet taka-alalle (tai ymmärtävät siirtyä) 10 v. kuluessa. Ja sopivasti toimi myös huomiosyöttinä ihmisille, spekulointi on kivaa.

quote:

”Totean varmuuden vuoksi, että kenenkään perussuomalaisen ei pidä olla huolissaan tämän kuoren sisällöstä. Siinä ei ole juoruja, salaisuuksia eikä yksityisiä keskusteluja, eikä siinä mainita nimiä.”

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000008072512.html

He's not naming any names, apparently

Though who knows. Lol at all the news writing about his viiltävän älykkäästä strategivedosta and not about this weirdo loving letter though, how is that not the main point raised? It seems like an completely unprecedented move to me.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Maybe the reporters have correctly identified it as bait. This mystery letter is too damaging to the party to be released before 2031, but doesn't actually name any names? What on earth is it then?

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

It could also be that he's been diagnosed with some progressive medical condition like Parkinson's or ALS.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

It could also be that he's been diagnosed with some progressive medical condition like Parkinson's or ALS.

...so just tell that.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's this:

Nenonen posted:

Also change the thread title to "Finland: "Minun Taisteluni", by J. Halla-aho"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Hallis-letter is just a "haha told you" type of manouver, that will turnout to be an embarrassment when nothing he had predicted comes to fruition.