Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Got replaced by whistle tips, woo woooo.

Don't know what happened to the whistle tips...

Edit: what a crap page snipe, don't have anything funny to throw in here.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goofy horns are readily available at Harbor Freight. Whistle tips at Spencers.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Dr. Fate #10 (1989)

Deathlok #4 (1990)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Where is this from also I love it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Artelier posted:

Where is this from also I love it

Bendis' Uncanny X-Men run.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Uncanny X-Men #12 (2013)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the end of that arc had an absolutely amazing punch line.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the end of that arc had an absolutely amazing punch line.

Is it just a line of people queuing up to punch Beast?

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 21, 2021

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I remember a set of panels that are someone waking up to see the Watcher standing over their bed looking disgusted at them, not saying a word, then disappearing I think? Was that Beast, or one of the other chronic fuckups of Marvel?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Agaragon posted:

I remember a set of panels that are someone waking up to see the Watcher standing over their bed looking disgusted at them, not saying a word, then disappearing I think? Was that Beast, or one of the other chronic fuckups of Marvel?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I only know Beast from the cartoons, and he seems like a really chill guy? Quotin' Shakespeare all the time and stuff like that.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

If you exist in the X-Men universe, chances are you're a war criminal of some description.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

hiddenriverninja posted:

I only know Beast from the cartoons, and he seems like a really chill guy? Quotin' Shakespeare all the time and stuff like that.

Yeah, same. Finding it hard to reconcile with him being an arrogant dickhead like Reed Richards, which is the vibe I'm getting from the panels posted.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only time Beast is tolerable is when he's with Wonder Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Yeah, same. Finding it hard to reconcile with him being an arrogant dickhead like Reed Richards, which is the vibe I'm getting from the panels posted.

The difference is, Reed hosed up so badly one time (their origin) that he does everything he can to not endanger others. Hank McCoy gives negative fucks about what happens to others in his wake.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even teen Hank hates adult Hank.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Beast has been on like a solid 20 year run of being an insufferable gently caress up, without stop, and with no mitigation. It's kind of impressive in a way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mulva posted:

Beast has been on like a solid 20 year run of being an insufferable gently caress up, without stop, and with no mitigation. It's kind of impressive in a way.

We're at a point where AoA Beast was a more likable guy and he was a genocidal maniac.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

We're at a point where AoA Beast was a more likable guy and he was a genocidal maniac.

I bet Dark Beast never pretended to be gay to duck an ex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well no obviously he just killed her.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

X-O posted:

Wait what?

Unrelated, does anyone have the page of the teen super hero seeing a gigantic woman for the first time and becoming very distracted/confused? My wife and I are watching My Hero Academia and I tried to tell her about that page but I know I didn't do it justice.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

robziel posted:

Wait what?

Nothing more to add. It's literally what he did. Blame Grant Morrison.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

robziel posted:

Wait what?

Unrelated, does anyone have the page of the teen super hero seeing a gigantic woman for the first time and becoming very distracted/confused? My wife and I are watching My Hero Academia and I tried to tell her about that page but I know I didn't do it justice.

Not what you were asking for, but relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sLOpahTFQ

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the watcher thing is good too, but the punch line i was referring to was how the shield subplot ended when the mysterious villain was revealed to be... dark beast.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

robziel posted:

Wait what?

That sounds like it may be from the first Jamie Blue Beetle run, when his friend encounters Giganta. Google says it's Blue Beetle Vol 8 #19.

And, apparently, it's been posted in this thread ages ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, Giganta should get more use. She's a fun character, has a neat grey hat thing going where you can have her team with the heroes sometimes, and DC get to pander to pervs while pretending they don't know what's going on. Everybody wins.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, Giganta should get more use. She's a fun character, has a neat grey hat thing going where you can have her team with the heroes sometimes, and DC get to pander to pervs while pretending they don't know what's going on. Everybody wins.

Buddy, have you not seen the new Resident Evil? Big Lady stonks are through the roof in 2021.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Buddy, have you not seen the new Resident Evil? Big Lady stonks are through the roof in 2021.

Yeah, but Capcom kinda ruined it by nudging and winking through the marketing campaign. It's not as fun if it's Brand Strategy out in the open like that.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, but Capcom kinda ruined it by nudging and winking through the marketing campaign. It's not as fun if it's Brand Strategy out in the open like that.

Your fetish will be monetized whether you like it or not

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Fearless_Decoy posted:

That sounds like it may be from the first Jamie Blue Beetle run, when his friend encounters Giganta. Google says it's Blue Beetle Vol 8 #19.

It's funny, she's drawn surprisingly not busty for a comic book woman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheCenturion posted:

It's funny, she's drawn surprisingly not busty for a comic book woman.

David Baldeon is a good artist that usually doesn't exaggerate to extremes in that regard.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Toshimo posted:

Not what you were asking for, but relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sLOpahTFQ

lol I really need to watch that show.

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Yes! Thank you, I tried searching for it to no avail but I would not have guessed Blue Beetle.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

X-O posted:

my mental autocorrect replaced "duck" with "gently caress"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

In the current run (heh) of the Flash, Wally is Quantum Leaping through the lives of different speedsters across time, space and dimensions in order to fix some leaks from the Speed Force. This time, he's currently in a Reverse-Flash' body, in the Legion of Doom. Hijinks ensue.

The Flash #711

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vincent posted:

In the current run (heh) of the Flash, Wally is Quantum Leaping through the lives of different speedsters across time, space and dimensions in order to fix some leaks from the Speed Force. This time, he's currently in a Reverse-Flash' body, in the Legion of Doom. Hijinks ensue.

The Flash #711

This is far more amusing than I was expecting from a Wally West ongoing. Is he still responsible for a whole bunch of hero murder or did they retcon that awful thing out?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

This is far more amusing than I was expecting from a Wally West ongoing. Is he still responsible for a whole bunch of hero murder or did they retcon that awful thing out?

Still responsible, but the next issue seems to be him (and the writer) figuring it out. So far, it's been a fun read with some really nice moments for Wally (specially last issue). It begins in #768.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

X-Factor #9

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Holy poo poo this is the funniest panel i’ve seen in a long time,gold!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Same energy;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arishem is a great judge of character.