Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think contacting him to do 47 sex scenes would be incredibly weird. just appreciate the good joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Probably easier to get Gianni Matragrano to do it than David Bateson.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Been a long time since i checked this thread (wanted to avoid hitman 3 spoilers till it comes to steam)
I’m getting back into H2 and i’ve actually managed to do suit only in isle of sgail,it would have been a flawless silent assassin but that silly bitch walked into the room and just fuckin terminator eyeballed me so i had to shoot her with the door open in front of everyone.

Anyway,just wanted to vent,love this game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Probably easier to get Gianni Matragrano to do it than David Bateson.

47 hires a conveniently identical duplicate... wait goddam that's basically Helmut Kruger.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God, gently caress this sniper escalation on Mendoza.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I had fun with it when I figured out how to work around the "hide the bodies" objective bug.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Is there a bolt action rifle in Hm3?(Like the one RE4?) I really wanted one in H2.

Edit : nevermind i searched for hitman hunting rifle and saw there is one,woo!

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 16, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Sloth Escalation is an odd change of pace. Managed to slapdash my way to completing the challenges even though I thought I'd failed on the SA.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

FINALLY completed the classics 2.
Last one i had was sniper only isle of sgail,lured the first sister to phoenix statue,shot her off the edge of the cliff,managed to get a very lucky emetic tranq on the second sister and she went to a bin in a dark corner with absolutely noone keeping an eye on her >:)

Walked across a room and led the constant to the harbour,bosh!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There's a new ET on Berlin

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1405888030049665024

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
If Anthony Hopkins played a mad scientist.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I like the idea of a building inspection taking place during a rave lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Wolfsheim posted:

I like the idea of a building inspection taking place during a rave lol

“This inspection was scheduled a year in advance what do you mean there’s a rave”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedgehog Pie posted:

If Anthony Hopkins played a mad scientist.

Toby Jones. :colbert:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7NFCrTsss

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just ninja star him when he struts past one of the big open spaces with a corridor. Easiest one yet. I think it took me 2.5 minutes after a restart to find him.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Poisoning him at the Juice Bar is probably the most risk-free way to do it though

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Personally, I found electrifying the puddle was the most appropriate way to go.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Liability was a bit of a disappointment to me - he doesn't seem to do anything interesting, and has a super short loop.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Both Hitman movies have appeared in Disney+ in the UK. Are they worth even a laugh?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Red Oktober posted:

The Liability was a bit of a disappointment to me - he doesn't seem to do anything interesting, and has a super short loop.

I couldn’t say, I’ve always done the safest option found on YouTube since not doing that is instant punishment

It’s me, I’ve optimized the fun out of my puzzle game

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The_Doctor posted:

Both Hitman movies have appeared in Disney+ in the UK. Are they worth even a laugh?
The Timothy Olyphant one is a surprisingly decent action flick, if not always faithful to the source. Not bad or embarrassing by any means and definitely worth a watch if you like the games.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Boiled Water posted:

I couldn’t say, I’ve always done the safest option found on YouTube since not doing that is instant punishment

It’s me, I’ve optimized the fun out of my puzzle game

Just make sure that you're ready to pause and disconnect your internet and you can have plenty of fun exploring them first!

Just not, it appears, for this one.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Red Oktober posted:

They're really phoning it in lately.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Pilchenstein posted:

They're really phoning it in lately.

Just release all the elusive targets as repeatable content m

There we go that’s 20 hours of fun right there

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I’ve just realised they even missed the open goal of “optional: eliminate in an accident”.

:gobcomeon:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Red Oktober posted:

I’ve just realised they even missed the open goal of “optional: eliminate in an accident”.

:gobcomeon:

Was that an actual objective? I just did it because I always go for ironic kills when possible.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

DalaranJ posted:

Was that an actual objective? I just did it because I always go for ironic kills when possible.

Nope. :sigh:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

It was a pretty awful ET.

Optional objective, Don’t kill someone nearby, in a scenario where there aren’t even likely environmental explosions/fires.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

DalaranJ posted:

No, but it bloody should have been.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I actually quite liked the Sloth escalation. Each level is different and being able to do the objectives out of order (once you know who the targets are) adds some interesting replay to it. The Vitality system makes you think about action economy and routing and since it freezes when you kill the last target you can't just wait and kill the jogger at the end. It's not something I'd want all the time, but it's pretty well thought-out and I think more interesting as a gimmick than the Greed and Pride ones (Greed is optimized by just paying which takes the fun out of saving up the first time, and Pride is more or less just separate escalations entirely). They're not up to the level of post-release content of prior games, but I wouldn't call them low-effort either. Of course, it helps that I like Escalations.

Would I prefer more than Escalations and ETs? Absolutely. I think the easiest low-effort way to get some new content in is to start making ETs permanent map variations and allow for their use in Contracts Mode. Hackers in H2 already proved you could do this, and while not every ET changes the map to the level of The Prince, it would be an easy way to add longevity. Honestly, the best way to sunset their support of the game would be a big overhaul and improvement to Contracts Mode to allow players to create more content for them indefinitely. It'd be nice to have more Escalation-style complications available, maybe the ability to require certain items be retrieved, and control over the time of day and weather on the map (their engine can clearly handle that, so let us use it; who cares if it looks weird sometimes?).

EDIT: While it might not be possible to allow for moving NPCs around or changing their schedule, the ability to delete an NPC from the map in a contract could be interesting. You could make some interesting challenges by removing certain NPCs whose presence would otherwise make getting a certain disguise or whatever too easy. Maybe also allow deleting items, hiding places, and banning certain loadout choices (you wouldn't be able to ban any item you used to make the contract, but could ban other things).

EDIT EDIT: Note that all the things I'm suggesting here are things the game already lets them do. They can toggle or remove certain items in Escalations and ETs, restrict start points and loadout options, and so forth. Certain complications like Rowdy Guns and the 30s killstreak are also entirely feasible to allow because the game tracks their conditions already, they're just not allowed to be used in Contract Creation.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 21, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m still mad the Season of Sin wasn’t included in the Deluxe version of H3, season pass style.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Possibly dumb question: my girlfriend has started playing it (PS4, games 1-3 via Hitman 3) and is enjoying it but when she tries it on her own PlayStation account it's only possible to play offline. If she does that it doesn't let you do all the achievements/unlocks which is half the fun of the game, and if she plays it on my account they're basically all already done. Does she need a PS Plus account to play online?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

No, I don’t have any premium accounts and it works for me. You might need an IOI account?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

The_Doctor posted:

I’m still mad the Season of Sin wasn’t included in the Deluxe version of H3, season pass style.

Yea, Season of Sin is basically the first time since WoA started that I haven't thrown money at IOI for the shiniest package. And it's entirely because the H3 Deluxe version felt so lackluster and SoS absolutely should have been part of the package.

Good job, IOI. I was on the fence if I should have waited for the Steam/Ultimate release, and now I'm actively regretting not.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I got struck by the FOMO of the Elusive Targets, and most of them are still just replays :(

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Red Oktober posted:

No, I don’t have any premium accounts and it works for me. You might need an IOI account?
I've no experience with the playstation version but yeah, I think you need an IOI account for achievements and whatnot these days.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I figured it out - you don't need a paid PS Plus account (or, as far as I can tell, an IOI account) but you do need the basic free Playstation Network account. She'd just never bothered to make one because she doesn't play anything online.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Nice to hear you figured it out. I'm on Playstation and to my knowledge the only thing I've needed an IOI account for is moving my H2 data across to H3, which was surprisingly simple after all the horror stories posted here.

I still only have the free version of H3 though. Apparently both the normal version and the deluxe edition are on PS sale at the moment but they still seemed a little pricey to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Is anyone else getting crazy strobing from the latest Nvidia drivers? I wanted to try out the DLSS / RTX in Doom Eternal, but not if it's going to cut into Hitmanning.