Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Who could have seen this coming???

gently caress, that might as well be the motto of this administration. Joe Biden: who could have seen this coming??? (extremely sarcastic tone of voice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mirthless posted:

I think the specific point I lost hope on progress was when Pelosi got made speaker of the house again. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't fathom the reason they would give her that role again after how bad she was at actually accomplishing Democrat agendas and keeping people in office, but they just give it back to her and let her keep it despite one under-performing election after another

Any time somebody has an original idea in the party they get shut out so we can... circle the wagons, sacrifice a few more things to preserve our most basic foundational necessities and do basic government, and remind america that leftists are bad (so vote for us, the party left of center)

I liked Howard Dean once; I know he's a pizza poo poo as an adult, so let's not get into that, but he pushed for a different approach to national politics and got run out of leadership for it. At least it was something, anything, a loving plan instead of this defensive/reactive bullshit

I can't vote for the fuckin democrats anymore and I sure as gently caress won't vote for the republicans, I'm loving lost and I hate it

We're gonna be dealing with Pelosi for like another twenty loving years, she'll be the first uploaded conciousness re-elected to congress

:hai:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's pretty cool that with both Pelosi and Hillary Clinton "everyone loving hates them" doesn't seem to put off democrats from letting them run the party forever.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This is a friendly neighborhood reminder that Palestinians are not considered Israeli citizens and do not have many of the legal protections of citizenship including trial by jury.

Edit: gay or straight.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

A global pandemic resulting in massive unemployment, poverty, suffering and death? We gotta crack down on crime and homelessness. - the Democrats

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

spines dont work that way

they're democrats

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The Pussy Boss posted:

A global pandemic resulting in massive unemployment, poverty, suffering and death? We gotta crack down on crime and homelessness. - the Democrats

the border camps arent filling fast enough for kamala's thirst so now she's going to start sending everyone there

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I gotta say it's pretty loving depressing about the state of the left that no one can stop a loving pig from becoming the mayor of NY less than a year after the Floyd protests.

gently caress off; you sound like evilweasel blaming bernie that there's no minimum-wage bill.

"the state of the left" is that the state doesn't allow a left to exist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

I think the specific point I lost hope on progress was when Pelosi got made speaker of the house again. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't fathom the reason they would give her that role again after how bad she was at actually accomplishing Democrat agendas and keeping people in office, but they just give it back to her and let her keep it despite one under-performing election after another

Any time somebody has an original idea in the party they get shut out so we can... circle the wagons, sacrifice a few more things to preserve our most basic foundational necessities and do basic government, and remind america that leftists are bad (so vote for us, the party left of center)

I liked Howard Dean once; I know he's a pizza poo poo as an adult, so let's not get into that, but he pushed for a different approach to national politics and got run out of leadership for it. At least it was something, anything, a loving plan instead of this defensive/reactive bullshit

I can't vote for the fuckin democrats anymore and I sure as gently caress won't vote for the republicans, I'm loving lost and I hate it

We're gonna be dealing with Pelosi for like another twenty loving years, she'll be the first uploaded conciousness re-elected to congress

yea Dean can suck the poo poo right from my rear end in a top hat now but he actually used to be one of my political inspirations and all. He at least was the only one who, to me as a young person, was doing the incredibly basic thing of going 'why don't we just...try to win everywhere, even in places we'll lose? What's the worst that'll happen, we'll fuckin lose West Virginia again?'

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

New York Dems are bootlicking robots, jfc
https://twitter.com/mattiekahn/status/1407056491597737993 i would also believe you if you told me Yang said this

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

also it's loving new york city: literally the heart of the liberal elite

good luck pushing any sort of nominal leftist agenda there lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/mattiekahn/status/1407056491597737993 i would also believe you if you told me Yang said this

that accident was in 1990 and his death was in 1999, which was just a few years ago

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Grey Fox posted:

curtis mayfield died in 1999

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grey Fox posted:

my god what a loving insane answer

for those of you who don't know who Curtis Mayfield is he was a really talented soul/funk singer and bandleader. Before a concert he was crushed by a stage light that fell on him and he was paralyzed which ended his career and lead to health problems and he died like 20 years ago

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Only 90s kids

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
"my favorite wrestling match was the one in KC where Owen Hart fell from a rafter" I say like a normal sane person

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grey Fox posted:

waot what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/beebort/status/1407059287554281473

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

Andrew Yang would've been 14 when Mayfield stopped touring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
did he...lie about watching a man get paralyzed???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Hm poo poo I need to make up a good story about a concert but I don't have one...hmmm maybe I'll just claim to have watched a man nearly die in front of me..."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Its even better: watching someone almost die is the best concern he went to!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

did he...lie about watching a man get paralyzed???

nah he just really really like the opener

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adams has been lying about virtually everything, that's why he's going to overwhelmingly win.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mirthless posted:

I seriously thought there would be some kind of shakeup after 2016 because lol, but nope.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Adams has been lying about virtually everything, that's why he's going to overwhelmingly win.

i thought i was in the podcast thread for the first half of this post

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Sorry, he sucks, but answering a question about your favorite concert with a reference to a show that was cancelled 30 years ago because the performer was paralyzed by falling stage equipment is freaking epic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

I seriously thought there would be some kind of shakeup after 2016 because lol, but nope.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I kinda bounce around a bit on 'what radicalized me' because obviously there's really no one magic 'redpill' moment for poo poo like this but rather it's a long process that tends to involve a few straws that break the camel's back and all, but I really do keep coming back to the 2016 focus on 'okay we got owned by Literal Donald Trump somehow...time to focus all our energy on a new red scare and do zero introspection' that really kinda knocked the scales from my eyes. It let me see that the people I genuinely thought had good intents actually would rather vast swathes of this country just straight up die in poverty and pain rather than agree to some incredibly simple alterations to the agenda that are very popular...but would require they and their loving failspawn consultants and failed artists had to have slightly less wealth hoarded.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"My favorite concert was the time I watched someone nearly die" feels like it should raise questions even before you consider that "a few years ago" was multiple decades ago I'm not old you're old.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

that accident was in 1990 and his death was in 1999, which was just a few years ago

lumpentroll posted:

curtis mayfield died in 1999

hobbesmaster posted:

Andrew Yang would've been 14 when Mayfield stopped touring.
some very good reasons why this incident didn't sound familiar!

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nothus posted:

Before covid, Trump's big plan to woo urban upper classes was internment camps for the homeless.

Donald Trump: In favor of ending homelessness via public housing development projects.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1406772703118467075?s=21

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nothing is going to crash housing this time, nothing.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

Sorry, he sucks, but answering a question about your favorite concert with a reference to a show that was cancelled 30 years ago because the performer was paralyzed by falling stage equipment is freaking epic

I was at ozzfest in somerset, WI in 2000 and a dude got struck by lightning and died at his campsite right after the show. It had no effect on the show, I didn't see it happen but it's part of my story about the day.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So when the housing market does inevitably crash, is it gonna be Russia's fault or China's?

I'm leaning toward China, no one with any actual power gives a poo poo about Russia any more.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

So when the housing market does inevitably crash, is it gonna be Russia's fault or China's?

I'm leaning toward China, no one with any actual power gives a poo poo about Russia any more.

I remember when Sanders was the front-runner Charlamagne tha God kept harping about how we could even have elections with Russian interference, and then when the ratfuck happened, he really needed everybody to get out and vote

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

i'll probably be mocked for this but when biden somehow got into the white house after 1/6 I thought they would at least do some basic reform and protection of voting rights and democracy, as well as actually going up against the coup conspirators out of some sense of self-preservation, given how close some of them were to getting hanged or shot by the rioters. But now that they are openly refusing to kill the filibuster to do those things as well as Garland openly defending Trump in his legal issues its obvious that any remote iota of change is impossible now and things will stay the same until the eventual collapse or the next coup attempt succeeds

I had very low expectations of Biden and the democrats and they somehow came in underneath them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the next coup won't involve the DC at all.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

docbeard posted:

"My favorite concert was the time I watched someone nearly die" feels like it should raise questions even before you consider that "a few years ago" was multiple decades ago I'm not old you're old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

gently caress off; you sound like evilweasel blaming bernie that there's no minimum-wage bill.

"the state of the left" is that the state doesn't allow a left to exist.

Yeah dude, the CIA is the reason that Eric Adams is going to be the next mayor LOL.