Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

mactheknife posted:

i don't even bother to watch clips or gifs anymore, i just kind of keep up from a distance

watched that bliss clip and the cuts made me actually dizzy/ill

how does anyone watch that for hours at a time and i mean actually, physically, how does anyone watch it

The directing is awful, and I know it's been awful for a long time, but the way they shot Raw Underground was the final straw for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I've had a running theory that the reason WWE shows have such disproportionate 50+ viewers is cause it's all the grandparents who fell asleep in their chairs while watching the 12 hour Law & Order marathons that USA runs basically every single day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drakkel posted:

I've had a running theory that the reason WWE shows have such disproportionate 50+ viewers is cause it's all the grandparents who fell asleep in their chairs while watching the 12 hour Law & Order marathons that USA runs basically every single day.

the rapid camera cuts actually draw the attention back to the screen from whatever reverie our honored olds were enjoying. So really WWE is a plague.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dacap posted:

Who is even the current champ? Is it back on R-Truth?

looks like its Ninja Master Akira Tozawa, but exciting developments, there is controversy about WWE 24/7 Title reigns!

(joe average is rik boogz)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Pretty sure WWE has completely forgotten about the 24/7 European I-95 South title at this point.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
52 title reigns? drat, thats way better than HHH's weak rear end 14

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

R-Truth has doubled that loser Raven's record of 27 hardcore title reigns. That makes the belt twice as prestigious!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is it bad or good that I'm not entirely sure if this thumbnail is a WWE2K22 screenshot or just Lashley making a dumb face?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes that’s bad

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It's remarkable that both WWE and AEW have each put their signature feud-ending maximally-violent-stipulation match on their regular programming within a couple of months of each other, but there's such a gulf between them in regards to how they were executed.

The Lights Out match was planned to be when it was, was extremely hard-fought, elevated Women's wrestling in North America, features a bunch of amazing, memorable spots, as well as some really iconic imagery (the shot of Britt's face completely masked in blood, later in the match when it showed a close-up of her back and it was just glittering with thumbtacks), and the ending was a brutally effective punctuation mark on the match that capped it off nicely: a loving Super (!) Fire Thunder Piledriver through a table (!!) off of the ring apron to the outside (!!!) that announced very clearly that the match was OVER.

Contrast the WWE that did a lovely hotshot to boost TV ratings which elevated no-one, and that lovely powerbomb into the chainlink (which clearly would have acted as a shock absorber and broken Rey's fall) was weaksauce and looked like the kind of thing a parent would do to their laughing kid at one of those activity centers with trampolines on every surface.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

mactheknife posted:

i don't even bother to watch clips or gifs anymore, i just kind of keep up from a distance

watched that bliss clip and the cuts made me actually dizzy/ill

how does anyone watch that for hours at a time and i mean actually, physically, how does anyone watch it
sundowners fall asleep with the TV on.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Breetai posted:

Contrast the WWE that did a lovely hotshot to boost TV ratings which elevated no-one, and that lovely powerbomb into the chainlink (which clearly would have acted as a shock absorber and broken Rey's fall) was weaksauce and looked like the kind of thing a parent would do to their laughing kid at one of those activity centers with trampolines on every surface.

I knew people gave Blood and Guts a bunch of poo poo for how they shot/used the crash pad, but WWE just not showing the impact to clearly hide crash pads is no better. I don't think people should kills themselves for dumb spots, but I think they just shouldn't do things if they can't do it right. Shane managed to jump off the HIAC twice against Undertaker and Owens and it looked as impressive as it could both times. Now we got people caught throwing table debris from under the ring on camera to make it look like they went through a table.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Raw is doing MITB qualifiers tonight.

Styles vs Ricochet
Orton vs John Morrison
McIntyre vs Riddle

And it looks like the women’s MITB is for the tag belts?

Asuka/Naomi vs Eva Marie/Piper
Bliss/Cross vs Jax/Bazler

Dacap fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 21, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What are the odds Drew wins MITB so they can immediately renege on the "you can never challenge Lashley again" stipulation?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dacap posted:

McIntyre vs Riddle

"if mcintyre loses he gets no more wwe title shots" > myintyre added to mitb in a qualifier match the night after

i'm shocked that Orton vs. Morrison is apparently their first ever singles match together.

also women's money in the bank qualifiers are tag matches

Alexa Bliss reunites with Nikki Cross vs Shayna/Nia and Naomi/Asuka vs Eva Marie & "her partner" as twitter calls her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE announced Eva Marie and Doudrop will be tagging tonight against Asuka and Naomi. Winners will qualify for MITB.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

Alexa Bliss reunites with Nikki Cross vs Shayna/Nia and Naomi/Asuka vs Eva Marie & "her partner" as twitter calls her.

Wonder if the plan is to have Eva Marie and Piper Doudrop win, then have Piper Doudrop win MitB, just to hand over the briefcase to Eva Marie.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Wonder if the plan is to have Eva Marie and Piper Doudrop win, then have Piper Doudrop win MitB, just to hand over the briefcase to Eva Marie.
Fast tracking the femOtis story seems possible, yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drakkel posted:

What are the odds Drew wins MITB so they can immediately renege on the "you can never challenge Lashley again" stipulation?

Nah, he'll cash in on Roman and lose before Roman faces Cena or Lesnar at Summerslam

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Spoiler related to WWE Main Event but many laughs will be had:

NXT Champion Karrion Kross will be appearing on Main Event against Shelton Benjamin

From PWInsider.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Here is how the Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title stipulation will prove worthless after a couple weeks:

Lesnar comes back and beats Lashley for the title on a random Raw, Drew challenges Lesnar for the title by beating Lashley one on one on the next Raw for the number one contender spot against Lesnar, Lashley beats some jobbers in a gauntlet to earn a spot in MITB. Lashley wins the MITB, Lesnar beats Drew (some shenanigans involved in the ending), so we have the next six months of some variation of Lesnar - Drew - Lashley and this “Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title” stipulation means nothing after a week or two and was ultimately pointless. I typed with lots of commas so reading this would feel like watching Raw.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
thanks i'm bleeding out of my ear now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also with WWE officially confirming Piper Niven's new name is Doudrop, I think they set a new record for fastest NXT callup to die on the main roster.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Call him Drew McAfee and team him with antivirus Shayna Baszler.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Doudrop

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WWF News/Views: Doudrop

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE Discussion is a Doudrop in the Morning Sun.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Vinnie Mac known to let the beat

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Doudrop owns i’m sorry. She’s good in the ring and Eva is hilarious. WWE finally has a hoss in their women’s division that isn’t incredibly bad in the ring like Nyla.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man all these matches and what not no way RAW doesn't bring in the some ratings tonight!

Surprised no mention of Rhea or Charlotte for the show.

Expected Drew to qualify, Alexa teaming up with Cross before pre-lore was great but fully expect something stupid to happen.

Doudrop is back,which beside the name, okay fine and Eva probably will do nothing again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Doudrop owns i’m sorry. She’s good in the ring and Eva is hilarious. WWE finally has a hoss in their women’s division that isn’t incredibly bad in the ring like Nyla.

I think your worms dead

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fushin posted:

Here is how the Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title stipulation will prove worthless after a couple weeks:

Lesnar comes back and beats Lashley for the title on a random Raw, Drew challenges Lesnar for the title by beating Lashley one on one on the next Raw for the number one contender spot against Lesnar, Lashley beats some jobbers in a gauntlet to earn a spot in MITB. Lashley wins the MITB, Lesnar beats Drew (some shenanigans involved in the ending), so we have the next six months of some variation of Lesnar - Drew - Lashley and this “Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title” stipulation means nothing after a week or two and was ultimately pointless. I typed with lots of commas so reading this would feel like watching Raw.

Drew gets pinned by both Lesnar and Lashley at Wrestlemania and has to change his name to Drewdrop

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean... I have to give it to them, a Women's Tag Team MITB is certainly different. But they also have no tag teams, so I don't know how they can have qualifiers

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astro7x posted:

I mean... I have to give it to them, a Women's Tag Team MITB is certainly different. But they also have no tag teams, so I don't know how they can have qualifiers

Based on how the write ups are written, I think MITB will be a singles match that both members of the winning team qualify for.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think your worms dead

Hah, as if i'd only aquire ONE brain worm, you fool they are legion

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Rick Boogs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Doudrop is a very unpleasant word to look at

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Seams posted:

Doudrop is a very unpleasant word to look at

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PiperDoudrip whatever. Just let her hoss up in matches longer than 90 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They should do a bodyslam competition like Lex and Yoko but it’ll be Fiend Alexa and Doudrop. It should take place on the ISS instead of a naval ship.

Also where the gently caress is Bray