Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

someone leak the next banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we get official confirmation soon enough but this is the supposed lineup

https://twitter.com/lumie_lumie/status/1397661928105955333?s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wanted to pull for Klee but will wait for beidou

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

R-Rosaria... fuggg I hope I'm more lucky with her than the Child banner, that was a rough one for me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tempted to pull on that banner since I don't have Rosaria or Razor and I could definitely use Bennett constellations. On the other hand, I should probably just save my fates for Ayaka.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I'm kinda tempted too because razor's the last 4* I don't have and rosaria/bennet constellations are nice but idk if it's worth wasting my guaranteed pity on kazuha

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I missed Rosaria's debut and I definitely want the windy samurai boy so I think I'll start saving. Had been throwing pulls at this banner and got an extra constellation for my Sucrose (now C3) and a R2 Sacrificial Fragments so I'll call that good enough.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

down to 16 crystal cores. I'm not trying to not catch them but they sure ain't being caught!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

still on 50/50, rosaria C4-5 are somewhat appealing but she really tapped most of her value at C2 already

i do want Sayu and some other leaked Inazumans more than any of these people but that's way off in August+ 🥴

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I'm mostly interested in baal but that's months away lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm in the market for a non-pyro carry so I have someone to run in whatever party doesn't have Xingqiu in it, so I was thinking of just saving up for Ayaka or a potential Ganyu rerun (though that'll probably be months away). But the 4*s on this banner are very tempting and I'm only on 50/50 so maybe I'll throw some fates at it, I dunno. Hm.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

There's a guy in northern Liyue in the village who sells blueprints and one guy (Goth) in Mondstadt near one of the windmills. Both of them have one rare blueprint for a piece of furniture and two purple furniture set ones. They're expensive though.

Oh wow, didn't realize this.

Kind of similar to this, but there are a number of new food recipes in random shops (including ones like the big Liyue tree inn).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only info we know past Kazuya is Ayaka is 1st and Yoimiya with Sayu is second.

Also, Ayaka got an 8% buff on her cryo dash infusion because Numbers.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm definitely gonna be saving post-Kazuha because i honestly have zero interest in ayaka/yoimiya (i have childe so im set on bow) and, yeah, some of the leaked inazuma units look really cool so i'd rather hold out for them. im only 50/50 on pity so if i pull someone thats not kazuha ill be bummed but accept it as a sign to save for the others

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My interest in Ayaka is tentative and pretty much entirely contingent on whether she's fun to play and strong. I'd like a cool cryo sword character like her to kick some rear end with but I'm not super drawn to her design and I don't super understand the Ayaka hype other than her being in the beta I think, so if she's not especially good I will be fine skipping her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was going to roll Kazuha originally but I heard 2.1 might be new characters and not reruns. So instead I'll roll to 75 Kazuha, pull on Ayaka banner until I get Ayaka, then pull on Yoimiya banner until I get Yoimiya. Annoying thing is I know I'll be crushed on resources next patch but I can't pre-farm boss mats or talent mats.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Harrow posted:

My interest in Ayaka is tentative and pretty much entirely contingent on whether she's fun to play and strong. I'd like a cool cryo sword character like her to kick some rear end with but I'm not super drawn to her design and I don't super understand the Ayaka hype other than her being in the beta I think, so if she's not especially good I will be fine skipping her.

well the strong part doesn't seem like a thing you need to worry about at least. but i do think she has some weird aspects to her kit like having to dash to infuse cryo, her burst being a small orb that will need some finesse to maximize damage on, and i assume some energy issues due to 10s skill CD and 80 cost burst.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah her burst seems like it might take some effort/skill to aim. The cryo dash sounds fun, though, and it's good to know she's strong. I can probably put together a team that can help feed her cryo energy if nothing else.

That said the other thing saving me from pulling more than I should is resource crunch, it's easy to talk myself out of wishing if I know I won't be able to actually build the character any time soon :v:

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Harrow posted:

Same, but have you seen the beta footage? Her attack animations are really loving cool. She draws her samurai sword really fast and it's like, robotic. Kind of considering rolling just for that. Her being cryo doesn't hurt.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Harrow posted:

I'd like a cool cryo sword character like her to kick some rear end with

Sounds like someone is getting a new Qiqi!

I’d say that none of the new characters appeal to me but I think that all the time and am usually wrong by the time it gets around to it. Eula was a big turnaround from ‘i don’t get the hype’ to ‘this is my favorite character.’ I don’t know what I’d do with Kazoo but eh might as well roll.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh right ayaka has that Vergil poo poo going on now I remember.

Lol that loving gif is why I installed the game.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This fucks me up because I could use more Razor Cs but had no interest in Kazuha after getting Jean, was intending to save for Yoimiya.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm hoping she's not too finicky to play, I think pairing her and Tartaglia as a quick swap perma freeze team, maybe with Fischl and Diona as supports, would be really fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

People like her because she's a female samurai (Which apparently is goddamn rare because she's the only one in Inazuma), has the Judgment Cut, and is voiced by one of the most popular JP VA.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Same, but have you seen the beta footage? Her attack animations are really loving cool. She draws her samurai sword really fast and it's like, robotic. Kind of considering rolling just for that. Her being cryo doesn't hurt.

Yeah her animations are pretty sick

kater posted:

:toot:

Losing a 50/50 won't bug me too much because I only have one standard 5* (Diluc) so either it's a new to me 5* or a Diluc consellation

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

kater posted:

I’d say that none of the new characters appeal to me but I think that all the time and am usually wrong by the time it gets around to it. Eula was a big turnaround from ‘i don’t get the hype’ to ‘this is my favorite character.’ I don’t know what I’d do with Kazoo but eh might as well roll.

This made me realize that Ayaka is going to be our first duplicated (rarity, element, weapon) character, other than the fact that we bizarrely had both Razor and Beidou parked in the 4* electro-claymore lane at launch.

(And yet still no cryo catalyst...)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Anemo Traveler, Jean :colbert:

Also, Kazuha if you don't count Traveler

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 22, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tae posted:

Also, Ayaka got an 8% buff on her cryo dash infusion because Numbers.

I was really confused for half a second and wondered what I'd done.

Tae posted:

is voiced by one of the most popular JP VA.

Honestly, this is by fair the most important part. Saori Hayami is really popular.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

King of Bleh posted:

This made me realize that Ayaka is going to be our first duplicated (rarity, element, weapon) character, other than the fact that we bizarrely had both Razor and Beidou parked in the 4* electro-claymore lane at launch.

(And yet still no cryo catalyst...)

Kazuha is Anemo Sword 5*, so technically he's first.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

What are your artifacts like, and how often do you burst?

Sword healing + enough ER% to Hu Tao burst every other skill usage stabilizes me around 14-15k hp

My artifacts are all at 20 (except one at 16) and the substats are.... ok I guess.

Max HP is only 28k, not 40-50 like someone mentioned. She's 80 (ascended) not 90 though.

att 12k, crit 40%/128%
ER: 118%

talents are 7 8 7, so not as much as they could be but still up there.

Are my artifacts really just that bad? there's mostly flat HP rather than percentage which could be part of it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

She has a super popular Japanese VA (character almost seems deliberately created with her in mind) and was in the beta as well with some flashy movie so yeah. There's also the mobility thing.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 22, 2021

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

Don't sleep on cooking recipes if you're levelling by the way, a cooking dish that adds 98 ATK when a +6 feather gives 112 ATK is actually kind of huge, and something that gives you +12% crit rate is also kind of hug. Theres Stamina food that lets you give yourself just a tiny bit more stamina to make it to the top of a cliff, and stamina reducing stuff that stacks with all the other movement abilities. There's a lot of food and it's all really good.

Condensed Resin is unlocked at AR35 btw.

Isn't it a Liyue reputation reward rather than an AR reward?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ledgem posted:

My artifacts are all at 20 (except one at 16) and the substats are.... ok I guess.

Max HP is only 28k, not 40-50 like someone mentioned. She's 80 (ascended) not 90 though.

att 12k, crit 40%/128%

Are my artifacts really just that bad? there's mostly flat HP rather than percentage which could be part of it.

Your crit's real bad.

I'm sitting at 33k hp, 1k atk, 71%/223%. This is cheating, because I have a staff of homa, if I equip a more reasonable weapon - Deathmatch is my only other leveled spear - I'd be at like, 30k hp, 900 atk, and 100%/170%. Going crit below like, 60%/120% sounds real sad.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kale posted:

There's also the mobility thing.

The mobility thing makes me want to not pull her. It looks like she movies like Mona, and Mona's mobility is the worst.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

The mobility thing makes me want to not pull her. It looks like she movies like Mona, and Mona's mobility is the worst.

All the beta testers say it's nothing like Mona. It's faster off a dash into an attack, and she has a passive that gives back 10 stamina per dash hit (that's the skill that also gives 18% cryo infusion)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/nz3r1a/yoimiyas_burst_marking/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ledgem posted:

att 12k, crit 40%/128%

I think it's just a small combination of things. My stats aren't that much better, but I am at:

Level: 80/90
Max HP: 28k
ATK: 939
Crit R/D: 66%/159%
ER: 122%
Pyro: 57.7

Using Death Match and 4 witch and an off-set pyro goblet HP/Pyro/CDMG.

The main difference is that my talents are 9/9/8 and my artifacts are all level 16, except the goblet which is 18. I wouldn't even call my artifacts great, but they are decent enough. The difference between talent 7 Eskill and 9 with 28k hp is like 160 attack alone. The difference between your talent 7 and 9 charged attacks is another 200 ATK. Anyway, I don't even think my Hu Tao is an amazing world beater, but she can hold her own when pyro is required in the abyss. I sure wish I had C1 though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

What's the idea balance of Crit Rate & Crit Damage? I know you want to go for as much as you can manage but is there a particular breakpoint you wanna aim for if you have a lot of one vs the other?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
You want a 2:1 ratio of crit damage to crit rate for most characters.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Rule of thumb is 2% CDMG:1% CRate. That also happens to be the ratio that artifacts distribute these stats.

Mathwise, it pretty much works out that whichever stat falls below the ratio will get the most out of number going up (as long as you don't go above 100% chance)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

So does Crit Damage start at 100%? In that case, in example, if I had 150% Crit Damage I would want 25% Crit Rate correct?