Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This randomly came up in my recommendations while I was searching for something else. It's a trip to watch this in 2021:

Young Bucks/CIMA vs BxB Hulk/Naruki Doi/Pac from Dragon Gate UK 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata & DASH Chisako vs. Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura & Mei Hoshizuki in an elimination match for the AAAW Singles Championship, AAAW Tag Team Championship, Sendai Girls World Championship and Sendai Girls Tag Team Championship - GAEA Japan GAEAISM Decade of a Quarter Century (6/13)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1404446405071151115?s=19

This is my match of the year so far. The build up has been great between the two promotions involved. The crowd was about as good as I've been in for a clap crowd. Everything once it came down to the final two was fantastic.

Nth, this match owned bones

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Taichi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

Local Young Boy gets kicked around by Holy Emperor. Literally.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Taichi vs. Yuya Uemura, NJPW Kizuna Road, 22/06

That scene from Fight Club where Edward Norton fucks up Jared Leto but for real

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: ZSJ vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

Some real good grapplefuckery right here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Yota Tsuji, NJPW Kizuna Road, 22/06

Always love to see Zack in ultimate dickhead mode

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Kizuna Road June 22nd
Taichi vs Yuya Uemura
- Young Lion walks in, shows heart, then gets kicked in the face real fuckin hard. Then a few more times, to make sure he gets the message.

Zack Sabre Jr vs Yota Tsuji
- Tsuji is so goddamn good, if the world wasn't hosed he'd already be in Mexico working on a character

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (EVIL, Dick Togo & Yujiro Takahashi) NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

OK, gonna be honest with you, there was a lot of questionable poo poo in this match. But on the other hand, BIG TOM STONE PITBULL TOUGH AND HARD.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

Taichi vs Yuya Uemura
- Young Lion walks in, shows heart, then gets kicked in the face real fuckin hard. Then a few more times, to make sure he gets the message.

- Tsuji is so goddamn good, if the world wasn't hosed he'd already be in Mexico working on a character

These and also

HM: Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto (C) vs. EVIL, Dick Togo and Yujiro Takahashi for the Never Openweight Six-Man Tag Titles

This had its issues mainly related to BC shenanigans and Red Shoes but god drat they worked the hell out of me

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (EVIL, Dick Togo & Yujiro Takahashi) NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

OK, gonna be honest with you, there was a lot of questionable poo poo in this match. But on the other hand, BIG TOM STONE PITBULL TOUGH AND HARD.
Nth

I was stupidly engaged in the match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I swung real hard from being invested to being 'loving red shoes ruining this match' so can't give it a hm. Certainly didn't feel the length, i'll say that much about it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think I have to agree. The swings were wild, the bullshit was predictably excessive, but it never actually felt long, and I was super invested in every near fall in a way I wouldn't be even in some big matches, such was my desire to see BC lose.

A weird Match, I think on another day I'd be mad about it but on this day I will HM it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As I said in the thread I was emotionally invested but what I was invested in was not wanting to see more of these matches so not an HM from me either

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth from me. Dick Togo as Triple H after all those booker rumors had come out was a nice meta touch that brought tension to every near fall.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Taichi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

Local Young Boy gets kicked around by Holy Emperor. Literally.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Agreed on all three. The Young Lions matches continue to rule, the main event had me biting on a ton of false finishes and the aftermath was fantastic too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From last Saturday's Dynamite (6/18)

HM: Jake Hager vs. Wardlow
HM: Good Brothers & A Young Buck vs. Eddie Kingston, Frankie Kazarian, & Penta El Zero Miedo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Jack Evans vs Matt Sydal. AEW Dark Elevation, June 21

The Alpha and Omega of flippy synthetic weed guys clash, and it's really good. Every kick felt like it was intended to hurt, every submission attempt (and there were several) had an extra bit of mustard on it. For a taped match on a YouTube show this was an excellent grubby bout. I feel like they're building to TH2 / Sydals in front of a crowd, and that will be awesome.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

The Alpha and Omega of flippy synthetic weed guys clash, and it's really good. Every kick felt like it was intended to hurt, every submission attempt (and there were several) had an extra bit of mustard on it. For a taped match on a YouTube show this was an excellent grubby bout. I feel like they're building to TH2 / Sydals in front of a crowd, and that will be awesome.

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
9th May
Ice Ribbon #1117 in SKIP City
Isami Kodaka vs Suzu Suzuki

This is far from the bloodiest of the 7 Match hardcore trial series (in fact I think it is completely blood free) where this Incredible teenager faces some of the best names in death match wrestling but there are still a bunch of memorable and loving sick spots. Like chairs being tossed recklessly at heads. And fun with bicycles that would make Sanshiro Takagi proud.

The reactions on the inset commentators is terrific at times too.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lamuella posted:

I'll give that an Nth. It's well worth the time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th May
Ice Ribbon #1117 in SKIP City
Akane Fujita vs Maya Yukihi

#1 contenders match to see who gets to face Risa Sera. Real good.

(Didn't quite get to HM level but if you are watching any of the matches I listed, the Risa Sera vs Matsuya Uno match is also a good match)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 23, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: KOR vs KUSHUDA WWE NXT, 6/22/21.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
HM - The Way vs. Pete Dunne and Oney Lorcan, NXT, 6/22/21

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
From ChocoPro Tag League Day 1, 6/23:

HM: EggTart (Shinno Hagane & Chie Koishikawa) vs Melt Brain Dancing (Psycho & Chango)
HM: BestBros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs TropicaWild (Yuna Mizumori & SAKI)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Taichi vs Yuya Uemura

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah agreed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

HM: EggTart (Shinno Hagane & Chie Koishikawa) vs Melt Brain Dancing (Psycho & Chango)

Nth, ChocoPro Tag League is turning out to be good stuff

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Great O-Khan vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 23.06

A good ol' New Japan Beef Battle and you can't go wrong with those. Also Tsuji is gonna be a star, etc, etc.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 23.06

It is unwise to tempt the wrath of God, but sometimes it results in beautiful things.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

It is unwise to tempt the wrath of God, but sometimes it results in beautiful things.

Was just gonna nominate this as a motyc. Really was a fantastic match. Best of the gauntlet series imo

So nth

Also

Hm: great okhan v tsuji

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Great O-Khan vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 23.06

A good ol' New Japan Beef Battle and you can't go wrong with those. Also Tsuji is gonna be a star, etc, etc.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea

NJPW Young Lions’ Summer of Pain was extremely fuckin good from the beginning to the end. Just excellent work from everyone involved, I can’t wait for Tsuji and Uemura to show what they can do in the big boy matches

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd June
NJPW Kizuna Road Night 7
Kota Ibushi vs Yuya Uemura

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

HM
23rd June
NJPW Kizuna Road Night 7
Kota Ibushi vs Yuya Uemura

Agreed, if they want it get my MOTYC nomination, they know what they have to do :colbert: God one day it is going to happen, a Young Lion is going to beat an established main event guy and the place is gonna lose their loving minds.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Roppongi 3k vs Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo NJPW Kizuna Road 23.06

Started off a little slow and bullshitty, but when it got going it stayed going. Also both SHO and Ishimori and YOH and ELP pair off excellently against each other resulting in one hell of a war.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Kizuna Road June 23rd
HM
Yuya Uemura vs Kota Ibushi
- Uemura showed so much goodamn heart, he almost made me forget for a moment he was a Young Lion facing off against the #1 contender to the world title

CHAOS (Roppongi 3k (SHO and YOH)) (c) vs Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori) - IWGP Jr Tag Championship
- First half didn't grab me, but really picked up as it went on and had a real good last 5 minutes. Also some progression in the 'ELP practised superkicks on trees during lockdown' storyline which was great

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Penguin Patrol posted:

+1

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
19th May
All Japan Yokohama Extra
All Asia Tag Team Titles
Purple Haze (Izanagi & Zeus) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
16th May
Ice Ribbon #1119 Sendai Ribbon 2021
Akane Fujita, Rina Yamashita & Yuki Mashiro vs Nao Ishikawa, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
NJPW Kizuna Road, 6/22
HM: Yuya Uemura vs Taichi
HM: Yota Tsuji vs Zack Sabre Jr.
HM: Goto, Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi vs Evil, Dick Togo & Yujiro Takahashi, Never 6-Man Championship Match

NJPW Kizuna Road 6/23
HM: Yuya Uemura vs Kota Ibushi
HM: Yota Tsuji vs Great O-Khan
HM: SHO & YOH vs El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori, Junior Heavyweight Tag Championship Match

I wish the Young Lions always got to wrestle in these AEW Dark type matches instead of the endless tags. Gonna miss them.