Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
people voluntarily watch this poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1406805984090148866

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Warhorse is right

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I think they are great tbh.
They got me pumped back when I watched Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn on some NXT Takeover when Nakamura debuted.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

IGgy IGsen posted:

I think they are great tbh.
They got me pumped back when I watched Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn on some NXT Takeover when Nakamura debuted.

Wasn't that where the chant debuted? I like it too but I understand how in kayfabe a wrestler might think it silly given that they're (ostensibly) supposed to beat up the other guy, not put on a show.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQZvNbQjb0T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Idk if this has aged well or not but Anvil being Anvil and cackling his rear end off is hilarious; this is also one of the rare occasions you will see some personality from Bret

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 22, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

WWE 2021: "We finally decided to go all-in on Papa Shango"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Alex Riley continues to be whatever he is.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea seems unbelievable, you'd think that someone somewhere would have done at least one hockey-related spot.

Edge and Christian did a Red Wings spot at the Joe one time.

Plus, Stone Cold on the Zamboni.

And don't forget this moment with Cena and Vince.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Did... Did A-Ry just challenge the Foo Fighters to a fight in the parking lot of MSG?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

he's uh... he's really gonna try to make the rappin republican thing stick, huh?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Alex Riley got knocked one too many times in the head

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Alex Riley got knocked one too many times in the head

I would argue not enough times.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Wasn't that where the chant debuted? I like it too but I understand how in kayfabe a wrestler might think it silly given that they're (ostensibly) supposed to beat up the other guy, not put on a show.
Nah, I heard it first on mid 00s ROH I'm sure

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a gcw "show" (bunch of shows) called fight forever about 10 years ago. the gimmick was that it ran for 24 hours in a row, which is forever. i believe now they do it once per week

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

First time I heard it was during a Steen/Generico match during their ROH blood-feud

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Drake Wuertz came up in my Instagram feed for “similar posts” or whatever wearing the most :ironicat: shirt possible

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dave Grohl couldn't give a poo poo about Alex Riley but Drake is one bad tweet away from Nick Gage and the rest of the death match scene literally burrying him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I remember Will Ospreay saying he hated them cause crowd's would always chant it right before the finish and it would mean he'd have to go an extra few minutes

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Sounds like a uniquely Billy problem.
It's fine when a match ends immediately after or during Fight Forever chants. I never took the chant to literally tell the wrestlers to fight forever, but as an expression of loving the overall match instead of a singular moment (Holy poo poo! or This is Awesome!) and it's a level above just a really loud crowd

But it's cool that Will heroically sacrifices his body because randos in the crowd tell him to fight forever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The first result on google for "Fight Forever" is the Nakamura vs Zayn match but I feel like I'd heard it for about a year before that, like maybe even during the Steen/Generico feud.

e: I'm pretty sure it was indirectly because of Steen saying "We're destined to do this forever"

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 22, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
It actually originated in 1967 when then champion Leeban Jones was ducking the challenger Mike “Fortress” Foervar and “Fight Foervar” kinda got mangled into “Fight Forever” over the years

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

sticklefifer posted:

Did... Did A-Ry just challenge the Foo Fighters to a fight in the parking lot of MSG?

He's going to be confused as poo poo when he realizes there's no parking lot at MSG.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuchaGifs/status/1406873258675380224

Vikingo v Fenix for best high flyer in a best of 11 series please
:aaaaa:

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

MassRafTer posted:

does he actually rap anywhere or is the nickname more of a threat than anything

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Karma Tornado posted:

does he actually rap anywhere or is the nickname more of a threat than anything

He keeps adding an extra p.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you're gonna do a rapping republican gimmick you've got some big shoes to fill.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

He keeps adding an extra p.

Better than subtracting it, I guess

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

The first result on google for "Fight Forever" is the Nakamura vs Zayn match but I feel like I'd heard it for about a year before that, like maybe even during the Steen/Generico feud.

e: I'm pretty sure it was indirectly because of Steen saying "We're destined to do this forever"

This would mean it’s ripped off from a comic book movie so that sounds right when it comes to wrestling

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m the rappin’ republican and I’m here to say
I’m the rappingest guy in the USA
From the White House to the National Mall
Where we go one we go all

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

The Dragon Gate six man at Supercard of Honor got “please don’t stop” chants I don’t know if there are any earlier chants though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m the rappin’ republican and I’m here to say
I’m the rappingest guy in the USA
From the White House to the National Mall
Where we go one we go all

That word only has a single p

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Better than subtracting it, I guess

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7SQKGHUR5c

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He keeps forgetting the g at the end. Typo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

As the topic of superheroes in wrestling has come up, Hyper Misao has some words that Nikki Cross needs to hear:

https://twitter.com/misao_tjp/status/1406835753724772354

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Dave Grohl would woop his rear end.

Riley also did an interview with Booker T. Now Booker is an exploitive motherfucker, but even he started doing the :gonk: as soon as Alex Riley started with the crackers talk.

Pretty sure Riley wants to fight Miz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtLqdOAtE8

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The things you learn...

https://twitter.com/IsThisWrestling/status/1406688081395265540?s=19

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rarity posted:

I remember Will Ospreay saying he hated them cause crowd's would always chant it right before the finish and it would mean he'd have to go an extra few minutes

:thunk: Alright, so let's book him in the UK against El Hijo del Yoshihiko and make sure the match doesn't end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

King