Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The difference is not huge and 60 FPS is worth it but yes. A shame considering my 1070ti can push 40-45 fps with everything maxed at 4k - the SeX should easily be capable of 60 at max settings but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
At least we can be consoled with the fact that FH5 is mere months away and is going to look loving gobsmacking running on a Series X.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Zachack posted:

I think I tried playing this on the Xbone and it seemed like the bone just couldn't handle it. Is it better on XSX?

It runs great on Series X, though it's fairly low resolution. I believe there's a 30 FPS limiter option in the settings that you can turn off for a pretty consistent 60 FPS.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Hearing Dark Alliance needs a few patches before it's even considered worth playing. That's fine though as I got Like a Dragon to keep me busy for the next month or so, I hear it's a looong Yakuza game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

I got Like a Dragon to keep me busy for the next month or so, I hear it's a looong Yakuza game.

I've just started chapter 6 of 15 and I'm already at 12 hours.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've just started chapter 6 of 15 and I'm already at 12 hours.

I'm at that exact same point myself, absolutely loving the game so far! It's funny how I began and started treating it like any other Yakuza game, only to realize "holy poo poo no, this is seriously a full fledged RPG". You got areas you shouldn't go to yet due to overleveled enemies, you go to shops to buy gear to ugrade your characters with, you can change jobs for your party. The map has to be cleared by visiting areas. It's really awesome.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I'm absolutely loving it. I've always thought the Yakuza series has some of the best writing in games and this one is no different.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
My biggest complaint about any game in the series is 5's length. I put over 50 hours in that game, and that was with me rushing to get to the end towards the later third. I was kind of put off by hearing LAD is even longer, but I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more either way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

My biggest complaint about any game in the series is 5's length. I put over 50 hours in that game, and that was with me rushing to get to the end towards the later third. I was kind of put off by hearing LAD is even longer, but I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more either way.

I did all the achievements except the super dungeon grind your pants off one and I have 40ish hours total. Main story is probably 25-30 hours. Honestly might be less.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 22, 2021

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

I did all the achievements except the super dungeon grind your pants off one and I have 40ish hours total. Main story is probably 25-30 hours. Honestly might be less.

Were you pressing A through all the spoken story segments? I can see how letting them play out automatically without skipping could pad the length by quite a bit.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Zachack posted:

I think I tried playing this on the Xbone and it seemed like the bone just couldn't handle it. Is it better on XSX?

If you turn off the frame limit in the options it's pretty much locked 60 FPS from what I have seen.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
How do I preload Dark Alliance? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the store or on gamepass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s definitely there

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Zachack posted:

Neverwinter definitely had some problems running on the OG bone but runs slightly better on a One X/XSX. And as another poster said, disabling framerate lock should get you to 60fps in most places that aren't Protector's Enclave. I play on PC so ymmv

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

barnold posted:

Neverwinter definitely had some problems running on the OG bone but runs slightly better on a One X/XSX. And as another poster said, disabling framerate lock should get you to 60fps in most places that aren't Protector's Enclave. I play on PC so ymmv

Even in protectors enclave it runs at 60 fps on the SeX. It's around 900p or so only though and so extremely ugly on a 4k TV.

It’s definitely there

Not for me it is not. I am in the EU but gamepass is global, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Not for me it is not. I am in the EU but gamepass is global, right?

I am also in the EU!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well it's not showing on either xbox or windows store app for me. And store web site says 'Dark Alliance is currently not available.'

However...after watching that video posted earlier....I am not even sure I want to try it any longer...

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Petition for them to put Legend of Mana on Gamepass in two days so that I don't have to spend $30 on it again, but I totally will.

I'm happy to see a few of the gaps in the Bethesda catalog filled. It thought it was super odd that Fallout 3 and DOOM (2016) were missing, for example.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Zurtilik posted:

Petition for them to put Legend of Mana on Gamepass in two days so that I don't have to spend $30 on it again, but I totally will.

I'm happy to see a few of the gaps in the Bethesda catalog filled. It thought it was super odd that Fallout 3 and DOOM (2016) were missing, for example.

Fallout 3 is on there now but yea I've been waiting for Doom 2016 for a while.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom 2016 is there

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

DA3 seems not great so far but maybe coop saves it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just FYI for anyone who plays Wreckfest
https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/o5hhfg/do_not_buy_the_wreckfest_next_gen_upgrade/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Doom 2016 is there
It was only added during the E3 show. I assume the slow rollout of Bethesda games is partially due to packing them up for Game Pass PC and partially to fill in quiet spots in the news/release schedule.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder if they had timed exclusivity deals with PSNow as well

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mr. Neutron posted:

Even in protectors enclave it runs at 60 fps on the SeX. It's around 900p or so only though and so extremely ugly on a 4k TV.

lord neverember giveth and taketh away, truly. didn't know that about the resolution. evidently it hasn't stopped too many people as lately I've been seeing loads of Xbox players either starting for the first time or returning to the game after a long hiatus

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

So, what's the story on these Argentinian codes for games that you find on sites like Gamivo and G2A? There often times less than half what's being asked in the Store; I wanted to see if they worked just like the Gold ones I got a few months back and they do. I paid $5 for Cuphead, used a VPN to plop myself in Argentina, then just redeemed the code through my browser. I don't fully understand how this is a thing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LODGE NORTH posted:

So, what's the story on these Argentinian codes for games that you find on sites like Gamivo and G2A? There often times less than half what's being asked in the Store; I wanted to see if they worked just like the Gold ones I got a few months back and they do. I paid $5 for Cuphead, used a VPN to plop myself in Argentina, then just redeemed the code through my browser. I don't fully understand how this is a thing.

I did a "25 weeks of GamePass Ultimate" from eneba and they sent me 25 one-week codes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Official xbox gaming monitors coming
https://www.ign.com/articles/new-designed-for-xbox-series-x-s-monitors-tvs-announced?amp=1

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

So, what's the story on these Argentinian codes for games that you find on sites like Gamivo and G2A?
Dunno how it is with the other site, but G2A are very much not on the level and have been mired in controversy for years.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The residents of Argentina and a few other countries (Russia, Ukraine, Thailand, probably others around those respective regions) generally earn far too little for the types of prices asked in the bulk of the Western world. As such, games and game codes in these regions are sometimes (but not always) significantly cheaper, to the point where full-priced $60 games can be closer to $15-20 easily. Given how the internet works and how everyone in the Western world obviously wants to pay the lower price, games can also sometimes have special restrictions, such as being region-locked (in some cases you just need to be in-region to activate, in some cases you always have to be in-region and can only play on in-region servers), or having a more limited selection of language options and explicitly excluding English. As far as above-board code stuff that's the story there, although there are also dodgy sources for those codes (e.g. smuggled out of shucked retail copies in a "lost" shipment) and that can lead to situations like those codes being flagged and banned depending on if there's a paper trail for specific product keys which are resold and used, so that's also a bit of a risk.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The ones I saw didn’t have Dolby Vision

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

LODGE NORTH posted:

I bought chivalry 2 Argentinian version for £10.50 on ‘CJS CD Keys’ yesterday. There was instructions on how to activate it via a VPN (easy even for me), and it works fine.

That’s less than a quarter of the price for the U.K. version - and you pay through PayPal so I figured what the hell. Tested and works fine.

I bought other games from CD Keys ( without the ‘CJS’ - believe they are different companies) and that worked fine too.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Those are some huge monitors.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Tried Dark Alliance. Just the combat tutorial is giving me a bad impression - objectives don't fully match what you need to do ("do a 4-hit combo" is actually "do a 4-hit combo and kill an enemy"... it's sloppy).

If you draw the bow with the archer and let go of RT but then also let go off LT like a split-second after, she will do her "let go of arrow" animation and there will be a light flicker as the arrow fires but there won't actually be a projectile or an attack made. No vibration feedback on when the arrow is fully charged. If you're trying to do rapid-firing of fully charged arrows, sometimes between shots the game will not recognize you're holding the trigger and will just stop doing the charges.

Really not liking the controls in general and the input lag.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 22, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Looks like Series X servers are starting to roll out for some cloud games. The latency looks pretty solid in this clip.

https://twitter.com/GMRTVPlus/status/1407415498183110657?s=20

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dark Alliance is....bad. I was excited for it so I could play with two of my friends. We played for an hour and deleted it because of the rubber banding, attacks not landing, screen tearing, and all around boring and bland style.

Super let down.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Do all PC Gamepass games have cross save functionality with Xbox? I read online that Yakuza Like a Dragon didn’t. But I decided to bite the bullet anyway after a dozen hours playtime on Xbox and switch to PC.

And like magic, my Xbox save was available on PC. Very happy surprise.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Do all PC Gamepass games have cross save functionality with Xbox? I read online that Yakuza Like a Dragon didn’t. But I decided to bite the bullet anyway after a dozen hours playtime on Xbox and switch to PC.

Only certain games support cross saves, it'll probably be standard going forward but I doubt it'll get added to the older games in the catalog.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Every game listed as 'Xbox Play Anywhere' should have cross-compatability. https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Not sure where you read that LAD didn't support cross-save, pretty sure that was a feature since release.

I played about 10 hours or so of Code Vein on Xbox One, and decided to play it on PC for the higher framerate. Found out that game does not have any cross-save functionality.