Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Ash said it to the other characters when they asked him about the Alien after Parker knocks Ash’s head off.

https://youtu.be/VA8jv1M6Y2g

For what it’s worth, Ripley and Weyland never met. :eng101:

Thanks! I thought they met in Aliens (I must remenber the names wrong) isn’t the corporate guy called Wayland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

New Wave Jose posted:

Thanks! I thought they met in Aliens (I must remenber the names wrong) isn’t the corporate guy called Wayland?

Burke, but some of the characters may call him by his company's name as an insult.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
End of Aliens 3, Wayland shows up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ugleb posted:

End of Aliens 3, Wayland shows up.
That’s actually Michael Bishop, designer of the Bishop android :eng101:

The same actor does play Weyland in the first AVP movie though.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
* Weyland

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Xenomrph posted:

That’s actually Michael Bishop, designer of the Bishop android :eng101:

Curses! Foiled again!

It had occurred to me that might be the case, but I thought that I was overthinking it. Apparently not this time!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Xenomrph posted:

Man that was a stupid, stupid, stupid film

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Improbable Lobster posted:

Man that was a stupid, stupid, stupid film

That describes all but two of the eight movies now in the Alien franchise.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fashionable Jorts posted:

That describes all but two of the eight movies now in the Alien franchise.

I will defend the assembly cut of Alien3, it was one of the most drastic salvagings of a movie until the Zack Snyder Justice League cut.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Xenomrph posted:

I will defend the assembly cut of Alien3, it was one of the most drastic salvagings of a movie until the Zack Snyder Justice League cut.

I never saw Alien 3 until the DVD box (assembly cut?) and so I didn’t understand what the fuss was about. It’s a decent film in that version. Not great, not awful.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

lilljonas posted:

I never saw Alien 3 until the DVD box (assembly cut?) and so I didn’t understand what the fuss was about. It’s a decent film in that version. Not great, not awful.

The easy way to tell the difference between the two versions is if the Alien popped out of a dog (theatrical cut) or an ox (assembly cut).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

lilljonas posted:

Alien is a great film. Aliens is a great film. Alien 3 is, at the absolute least, not. And it blew up everything around it on it's way down.

Wasting greatness is in many ways worse than making a bad film as far as reactions go.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People were saying Sisters of Battle were all female but I've always remembered them having male priests and stuff. Just these absolute mad lads coked out on eccleiasticy. They also had those pipe organs that shot missiles.

I never actually played as them in TT but had one of the older codecies and the combination of power armor+miracles seemed interesting, there was also overlap with witch hunters too so you could have some Sisters host led by Obiwan Sherlock Van Hellsing if you wanted.

They were OK in the RTS game too. Bolters/Flamers/Meltas was their gimmick I remember.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Witch Hunters was a way cooler and more varied army. You could do some really cool combos like sisters, stormtroopers and Inquisitors

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those were just priests who had taken up arms to join a holy crusade. Totally different to a standing army.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Moola posted:

Witch Hunters was a way cooler and more varied army. You could do some really cool combos like sisters, stormtroopers and Inquisitors

but now you can have sisters with halberds

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Stormtroopers were like the mechanically separated meat of the inquisitorial codexes. Sisters didn't really lose much with them gone and probably kept more of their poo poo than the Grey Knights got to.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

but now you can have sisters with halberds

Wait what?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
whole units of em

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Space halberds, with some pipes and skulls so you know it's 100% Imperium approved

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Xenomrph posted:

Holy poo poo someone else who remembers Snailiens. :coolspot:

I remember Snailiens, mostly for being an all-timer in the "jesus christ the villains are so much cooler" category.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

whole units of em

Noice

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
What if Nurgle took a bath?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefDn0aFCAk

Nerth
Jun 16, 2021

The soapy blightking reminds me of the Great Clean One.

Nerth fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 28, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That Great Clean One cracked me the gently caress up, but maybe I had too much gin & tonic.

Battle Mad Ronin
Aug 26, 2017

MasterSlowPoke posted:

whole units of em

These could easily make for some pretty badass Sisters of Sigmar for WFB or Mordheim.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Smooth Nurgle

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I still feel like posting renders of 3d printed files is cheating, but...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bucnasti posted:

That's just canon though

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Bucnasti posted:

That's not so b....oh just noticed the enormous knockers. They couldn't just leave it the playful pose could they.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brodd

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Ugleb posted:

That's not so b....oh just noticed the enormous knockers. They couldn't just leave it the playful pose could they.

It's not just the boobs, it also has the biggest stiletto heels I've ever seen. Which, I feel is the closest thing you could get to being the complete opposite of the Xeno's actual foot/leg shape.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
It also has butts on it's butts. Buttception.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
For what it's worth, the queen xeno has built-in stilettos so it's not an original concept.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Bucnasti posted:

'Whatcha thinkin bout?'

"Oh, I dunno...LV-426 stuff, I guess."

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Toebone posted:

For what it's worth, the queen xeno has built-in stilettos so it's not an original concept.

Goddamn it... Of course the Queen has heels.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I want a story about a male alien race with built in battle-heels that makes fun of human men for their pathetic wimpy calves, and the day is saved in the end by strippers and drag queens, whom the aliens are impressed by and acknowledge as equals.

This ushers in a new era of prosperity between our peoples, but a few ankles may be harmed along the way.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

I want a story about a male alien race with built in battle-heels that makes fun of human men for their pathetic wimpy calves, and the day is saved in the end by strippers and drag queens, whom the aliens are impressed by and acknowledge as equals.

This ushers in a new era of prosperity between our peoples, but a few ankles may be harmed along the way.

There are people who will write this for you.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

chin up everything sucks posted:

There are people who will write this for you.

Now that I think about it, I know a few, but I'm not sure this premise has more than like a comic page worth of content, and a 4-panel one at that.

Aliens come, make fun of people, then see folks in high heels, and panel four is fully automated luxury gay space communism.

I'm not sure I'm married to the shitpost enough to draw or commission it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Suggest it to the writer of Oglaf, you never know your luck.