Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Vegetable posted:

He played okay in one game and badly in another. That's two games. Maybe he could use a game's break but people are getting really dramatic about a guy who just scored 33 goals this season.

He's just a one two three five seven season wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

He played okay in one game and badly in another. That's two games. Maybe he could use a game's break but people are getting really dramatic about a guy who just scored 33 goals this season.

He was completely non-existent in both games.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
If your club is making player transfer decisions based on literally anything that happens in an international game other than a debilitating injury, they are making bad transfer decisions.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
100m and a possible player for kane seems like a decent deal but I don't know the value of a footballer any more. Should he be worth more? He's not going to improve massively at this point (although obvs his level now is quite good) and spurs have shown they're not interested in spending the kind of money needed to get back to 2019 levels so time to cash out imo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

peanut- posted:

If your club is making player transfer decisions based on literally anything that happens in an international game other than a debilitating injury, they are making bad transfer decisions.

Hey..El Hadji Diouf had potential ok...

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

the sex ghost posted:

100m and a possible player for kane seems like a decent deal but I don't know the value of a footballer any more. Should he be worth more? He's not going to improve massively at this point (although obvs his level now is quite good) and spurs have shown they're not interested in spending the kind of money needed to get back to 2019 levels so time to cash out imo

I for one don't understand how Levy is not biting City's hand off to make this deal.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Because he thinks saying “that’s not enough” will get him an even bigger offer. Alan Sugar rear end vampire dipshit.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Levy wouldn't accept a 100m first offer for lots of reasons. Primarily it's a first offer and he's got 3 years on his contract.

I also think the Kane situation is a big part of the manager problem - I think you get a different profile of manager for a club with an established premier League goalscorer who can drag the team out of most sticky situations versus a team not only needing a couple of defenders but having a huge hole up front.

I would predict some sort of deal with money not far off 100, maybe 120 and he signs next summer.

Nonetheless spurs will have a shocking summer despite having got rid of Danny Rose.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

"a possible player" isn't really something that happens in real life though is it? First refusal means gently caress all when the player has to agree to the move.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think what it means is that it’s 100m plus Spurs would be able to pick from a list of players who would be made available. Obviously they’d have to agree to the move but it’s not some player to be named later thing.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1407232133085732877?s=20

Some interesting names in the mix, there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It would be shocking to think that a player staring down the barrel of a galactic new contract just so long as he doesn't suffer a major injury would tiptoe his way through international matches, surely it couldn't be anything like that

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
kane is a fantastic player but it is hard to not think he'll turn into a pumpkin after getting his big money move in his late 20s like it seems most attacking players do

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Apparently Villa are close to signing Julian Alvarez from River Plate, nothing official yet.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
100m+ and Gabriel Jesus, my fax machine is giving off sparks I'm putting the number in so fast

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

He’s probably worth more than £100m, yeah. He’s 27, has years on his contract, and has been scoring boatloads of goals for quite a few seasons now. Seems to me he’s fetch more than several of the players who have already gone for 100m+

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

100m+ and Gabriel Jesus, my fax machine is giving off sparks I'm putting the number in so fast

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

He’s probably worth more than £100m, yeah. He’s 27, has years on his contract, and has been scoring boatloads of goals for quite a few seasons now. Seems to me he’s fetch more than several of the players who have already gone for 100m+

Name one

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Coutinho, Greizmann, Dembele

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s actually a crazy price, but there have been some poo poo transfers recently

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
My god those are all Barcelona lmao

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Coutinho, Greizmann, Dembele

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s actually a crazy price, but there have been some poo poo transfers recently

Name some real transfers and not weird money laundering schemes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

None of those people are going to tottenham so it's all loving nonsense.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TheRat posted:

None of those people are going to tottenham so it's all loving nonsense.

Why not

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tottenham are poo poo mate

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Because of the tottenham part. And the money part. And the no manager part.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
And the "owner will hold you for ransom if you ever want to leave, even if you've given everything for the club for many years" part

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bape Culture posted:

Name some real transfers and not weird money laundering schemes

I’ve got some bad news for you about top level football

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Thank you Levy, please don't be bluffing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If you could get Jesus and 100m for a 28 year old striker with glass ankles you should snap their hand off. Even better if you can do 120m or so since this is the first offer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
If City are willing to spend that kind of money for a striker, throw it at Dortmund for Haaland at least.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

If you could get Jesus and 100m for a 28 year old striker with glass ankles you should snap their hand off. Even better if you can do 120m or so since this is the first offer.

But you can't.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
maybe jesus REALLY likes london, and football clubs on the downturn

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

bewbies posted:

maybe jesus REALLY likes london, and football clubs on the downturn

And lower wages, and being publicly valued as 100m worse than Kane

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

I’ve read this post several times and every time it seems to suggest that getting Gabriel Jesus is a good thing???

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TheRat posted:

But you can't.

You can definitely pay him a ton of money, enough that he’ll move to London even, since you’re no longer paying Kane’s insane wages

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

You can definitely pay him a ton of money, enough that he’ll move to London even, since you’re no longer paying Kane’s insane wages

Are Kane's wages insane? Doesn't sound very Levy like.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jesus is on about £90k and Kane is on £200-250k depending on the source

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Haaland is gonna be the worst signing of recent times imo. I’ve got a feeling. So If anyone signs him make sure you bet your house on him being the all time pl top scorer

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

Haaland is gonna be the worst signing of recent times imo. I’ve got a feeling. So If anyone signs him make sure you bet your house on him being the all time pl top scorer

He'll end up ruining his career at Madrid imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bape Culture posted:

this is a bold claim on a page where coutinho was already mentioned