Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

overplayed your hand a bit early with this one. You should keep cards this powerful in your hand until you've got at least a couple people fully roped in

(You misunderstand me, this is 100% real pure-strain succ)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Christ posted:

Have you considered offering thise people literally anything besides the status quo

um actually "not the worst possible of two options" is objectively the only correct choice between them beep boop

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

fits my needs posted:

anarcho-bidenism

Anarchists4Biden

https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1325151813969043461

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

EMoney posted:

oh wow lmao, the way the response played perfectly in to the post you were responding to threw me

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

oh wow lmao, the way the response played perfectly in to the post you were responding to threw me

truly an artisan of the medium :monocle:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The most talented SYQ posters are capable of that. Remember when someone managed to carry on an argument for multiple posts with someone using nothing but SYQ material?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

The most talented SYQ posters are capable of that. Remember when someone managed to carry on an argument for multiple posts with someone using nothing but SYQ material?

DoomtrainPHD v Mcmagic, it owned

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

truly an artisan of the medium :monocle:

*shocked anime tournament watcher voice* who is this guy

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Yinlock posted:

ま、ま、まさか!!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yinlock posted:

the syq equivalent of contact mike

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EMoney posted:

:golfclap:

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Yang is finished

oR HAS IT JUST BEGUN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I didn't want to say it in the QCS thread because it just would derail things, but Ytlaya, you're one of my favorite posters on this site, you just have an amazing ability to get to the heart of things that I really envy.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

I didn't want to say it in the QCS thread because it just would derail things, but Ytlaya, you're one of my favorite posters on this site, you just have an amazing ability to get to the heart of things that I really envy.

:emptyquote:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Didn't they end up cancelling this?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Nichael posted:

Didn't they end up cancelling this?

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/916522128811413504

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

sexpig by night posted:

This is the third time I've e-mailed Sinema's office asking her to please not be lovely, and I'm going to keep doing it until she either comes around, or is primaried the gently caress out of there.

she's more likely to lose her seat to a republican then either of those 2 things

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

she's more likely to lose her seat to a republican then either of those 2 things

you don't understand, her intern in charge of mashing 'delete' is getting not one, not two, but THREE emails

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope she changes parties just so maybe it'll induce some crackpings

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if she was smart she'd do the 'wow my republican friends were so much nicer to me than my democrat ones' and switch, she could be the new McCain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
by which I mean I hope she has the same trajectory as McCain

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

or as they call it in the biz, the "Reverse Bloomberg".

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wait a minute, I've been told my entire life that the only possible ways to affect change are to protest, vote, and contact your representative.

But we protested all last summer and nothing changed?

Then we voted in Biden and still nothing changed?

And apparently representatives can just straight up ignore you?

It almost feels like these are intentional dead ends and mouse wheels that we are herded into in order to actually prevent change, and furthermore *doomerism alarm goes off and I'm dragged away to the reeducation camp to be force fed West Wing episodes Clockwork Orange style*

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1407429443929391105

more corporate money being thrown in this meatgrinder :toot:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

ま、ま、まさか!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mkraju/status/1407444850551799808

lol

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

Wait a minute, I've been told my entire life that the only possible ways to affect change are to protest, vote, and contact your representative.

But we protested all last summer and nothing changed?

Then we voted in Biden and still nothing changed?

And apparently representatives can just straight up ignore you?

It almost feels like these are intentional dead ends and mouse wheels that we are herded into in order to actually prevent change, and furthermore *doomerism alarm goes off and I'm dragged away to the reeducation camp to be force fed West Wing episodes Clockwork Orange style*

You are instructed to go through "proper channels" because those channels are the very dead end you are seeing. Electoralism is for the capitalists to get what they want, they get to bribe directly and call it lobbying. That's their proper channel and it works.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/aniceburrito/status/1407437507046920199

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

literally actively refusing to learn

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

oh you think joe biden will pick someone better than justice breyer? really?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

EMoney posted:

lol incredible where is this from? reddit?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Having a chuckle, remembering these very same articles being written about RBG

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i hope breyer stays

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

But liberals can already do this. The problem is that they don't like there being a large contingent who openly disagree with them and have bad opinions about them. I understand that they want to just discuss politics with their buddies, but if that's the case D&D can just make it explicit that non-liberals aren't allowed. They aren't willing to do this, because "their beliefs being objective reality" is part of their worldview - other perspectives must either be misinformation or trolls trying to stir poo poo up. When they discuss politics with their buddies, they want to perceive it as "intelligent people discussing recent events" (because that's how they see themselves) - not "a discussion among Democratic Party supporters."

I have very little sympathy for this, because liberals can freely express their opinions without criticism pretty much anywhere else on the internet (or in society in general). They can turn on the TV and see their opinions reflected there. This is not true for the left - SA is one of the only places with a decent-sized community where the left exists as anything other than a small minority. If the forums closed tomorrow, I'm not really sure where else I could discuss these things.

Basically, the people in question want a space where they can discuss politics among like-minded people without anyone else intruding on that. The forums aren't a good vehicle for that. The only way it could be possible is if a forum/thread was defined along specific ideological lines excluding anyone who might "intrude on" them, but they'd reject that because they don't believe their own views to be ideological/partisan. And as we frequently see, they even consider things like "talking about them or quoting them in another sub-forum" to be "intruding on that." You're never going to please someone like that without just purging everyone who disagrees with them.

yep. got this cute gem in my "maybe don't say texas voted for the leopard eating faces party when only a minority of them vote for republicans, many of those who don't vote at all being among the most vulnerable" honeypot

quote:

Boy, I can't wait until you shut the gently caress up so the rest of us can understand politics in peace; it's hard to talk about things that matter when we're explaining basic facts to you over and over again

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Judakel posted:

i hope breyer stays

same. gently caress it lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

my fav pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

same. gently caress it lol

I'm just drinking wine, taking drugs, and listening to Nero play the fiddle