Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
True endiiiiing
the library will OPEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Don't you have to finish the game after 100% abnormality dissolution for the true ending?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

Don't you have to finish the game after 100% abnormality dissolution for the true ending?

No, the game detects what you've done and you can enter the main menu screen and get the true ending from there.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Did a Hod imagine a Paul or did Paul imagine a Hod? Why does my butt bleed?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
And that's that. You did well, Paul.

Only the ending remains.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
oh boy oh boy oh boy! :dance:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

eternaldough posted:

Dream of a Black Swan always felt to me like the most surreal and 'dreamlike' of all the abnormalities, like everything about it only barely makes sense, but in a way that adds to its weirdness factor. The little visual effects of the brothers piling up feels reeeeally unnerving in a way that I don't quite get from anything else in the game. Oh, and the design of the big bird sister is really cool!

This is another one that's based on a fairy tale, so a lot of incongruous elements are basically just stuff they picked out from that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Swans

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Much like La Luna, this entity is listed as "unescaping" since technically the abnormality is the six brothers, they never leave their cell, and just summon the sister when the counter gets low enough. That annoys me a bit, but the sister never appeared on my playthrough and the brothers ended up being a reliable Justice trainer.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Solitair posted:

Much like La Luna, this entity is listed as "unescaping" since technically the abnormality is the six brothers, they never leave their cell, and just summon the sister when the counter gets low enough. That annoys me a bit, but the sister never appeared on my playthrough and the brothers ended up being a reliable Justice trainer.

Unsurprising, since as TeeQueue mentioned most facilities will have difficulty accidentally spawning the sister. You usually have to try to make it happen.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

TeeQueue posted:

But… I do believe that when next I meet with Hokma, I'll ask him to let the template rest for a while. I'm sure we're all quite sick of his face by now.

Rest in peace, for a while at least, Paul.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hokma Pauls

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Rude.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You did great with the extra abno updates TeeQueue, really enjoyed them

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Consider these last two BCP episodes your reminder that TeeQueue's iteration of X was a goddamned saint compared to the canon versions of A, and even TQ!X had a good amount of blood on his hands. And even for the worse-off L Corp facilities run by those A's, people would still flock there to work because the rest of the world manages to be at least five times worse.

The Lobotomy Corporation world is not a nice one, and we were peeking into its past. Of course we were going to see some serious poo poo.

...And speaking of serious poo poo, unless TeeQueue pulls a fast one, the true ending is coming up. :unsmigghh:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I wouldn’t do that to you guys. The next update is the story epilogue, followed by a couple bonus updates, and then we’ll be done. Like, done-done, as opposed to not-done like the first time I was finished with the plot.

Though I’ll have to go back through and update the fanart post again, and edit terms I used in the early updates for consistency, and check for typos, and like, fire off to have things archived so I guess it’s still technically not done? But there won’t be any more updates.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I’m vaguely curious on the massive edge case where you managed to get the counter to 1 and then hit it with Yin/Yang. Would 3 brothers just randomly heal their injury?

Black Swan is very very creepy to just randomly see some of the brothers randomly missing some body parts. It’s too bad that having it breach basically won’t happen since it undercuts the creepiness by there being no threat.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I don't think we ever got an answer, does anything special happen if on day 50 you somehow manage to fail the day?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Eopia posted:

I don't think we ever got an answer, does anything special happen if on day 50 you somehow manage to fail the day?

No, nothing. Special fail threatment is only in effect for three previous days. You will see normal "Restart day" button.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MiiNiPaa posted:

No, nothing. Special fail threatment is only in effect for three previous days. You will see normal "Restart day" button.

I just tested it, and this is 100% correct. There's not even any special text, it's exactly like failing any normal day.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

TeeQueue posted:

I just tested it, and this is 100% correct. There's not even any special text, it's exactly like failing any normal day.

Ayin will, however, be extremely disappointed in you, even if he is too polite to say anything.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Argh, I can't take the waiting anymore! I gotta play Ruina!!! :tizzy:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Argh, I can't take the waiting anymore! I gotta play Ruina!!! :tizzy:

You only need to hold out for one more update! And if it helps, Ruina's full release isn't for about two months anyway.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eopia posted:

You only need to hold out for one more update! And if it helps, Ruina's full release isn't for about two months anyway.

The game is done now, all that's coming is the Xbox port.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Acerbatus posted:

The game is done now, all that's coming is the Xbox port.

Ah, I was getting the impression that the full release of the game was being delayed to be synced to the console port and that the story itself wasn't complete yet. Guess I misinterpreted the full release delay news post.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Managed to brick old computer playing library of ruina. Posting from phone. Should have listened to Eopia. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh no!! I hope this is a joke-if not... rip computer. :ohdear:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Look, all he has to do is a Core Suppression and it will be good as new, right?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

Oh no!! I hope this is a joke-if not... rip computer. :ohdear:

Not a joke. Have new computer, but have to transfer all files off old HD, so phonepostin till then :lobcorp:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

So the LP curse did strike!... in a related game to a poster. Close enough, right?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Evil Kit posted:

So the LP curse did strike!... in a related game to a poster. Close enough, right?

TQ used the Portrait, obviously.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

BisbyWorl posted:

TQ used the Portrait, obviously.

Between the third gameplay update, my hinge breaking on my LP’in laptop, my gameplay PC deciding it was done with windows updates, the corruption of the cursor-only version of binah’s recording, my keyboard giving out twice on the same laptop, and now that laptop having been in the shop for about two weeks due to it’s charging port being completely dead, I think it’s fair to say that I’ve had it try to hit me.

I just had backup plans and MS paint to save the day.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
T-6-29
Almost-Completed Let's Play

WAW

T-6-29 is an immaterial Abnormality that attaches itself to any video game played in the vicinity of its containment unit, turning it into T-6-29-1. T-6-29 replaces Attachment work with a special Work Type, "Let's Play", which causes the Agent to record gameplay of T-6-29-1 and construct a narrative. Whether the Agent intends to or not, T-6-29 becomes a part of that narrative.

T-6-29 causes BLACK damage, through dehydration of the host as well as attacks on their psyche. Even games noted for their non-threatening atmosphere or polished mechanics can erode an agent's sanity when they are overlaid by T-6-29.

Managerial Tips 1
The more data on T-6-29-1 accumulated on the Agent's hard drive, the lower their success rate when working with Almost-Completed Let's Play, and the higher its damage.

Managerial Tips 2
The more data on T-6-29-1 accumulated on the Agent's hard drive, the more PE Boxes Almost-Completed Let's Play produced.

Managerial Tips 3
When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a probability proportional to the amount of data accumulated on T-6-29-1.

Managerial Tips 4
When the Qliphoth Counter lowered, a proportion of the Agent's data was destroyed. The Agent took SP damage relative to how much data they had accumulated.

Managerial Tips 5
When the Qliphoth Counter lowered to 0, all data was destroyed instantly. High-Fortitude Agents die instantly; high-Prudence Agents are instantly panicked.

Managerial Tips 6
When a new agent began work with T-6-29, all previously-accumulated data was destroyed by compelling the Agent. They call this a "New Game".

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012

Lunar Suite posted:

T-6-29

WAW

T-6-29 is an immaterial Abnormality that attaches itself to any video game played in the vicinity of its containment unit, turning it into T-6-29-1. T-6-29 replaces Attachment work with a special Work Type, "Let's Play", which causes the Agent to record gameplay of T-6-29-1 and construct a narrative. Whether the Agent intends to or not, T-6-29 becomes a part of that narrative.

T-6-29 causes BLACK damage, through dehydration of the host as well as attacks on their psyche. Even games noted for their non-threatening atmosphere or polished mechanics can erode an agent's sanity when they are overlaid by T-6-29.

Managerial Tips 1
The more data on T-6-29-1 accumulated on the Agent's hard drive, the lower their success rate when working with Almost-Completed Let's Play, and the higher its damage.

Managerial Tips 2
The more data on T-6-29-1 accumulated on the Agent's hard drive, the more PE Boxes Almost-Completed Let's Play produced.

Managerial Tips 3
When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a probability proportional to the amount of data accumulated on T-6-29-1.

Managerial Tips 4
When the Qliphoth Counter lowered, a proportion of the Agent's data was destroyed. The Agent took SP damage relative to how much data they had accumulated.

Managerial Tips 5
When the Qliphoth Counter lowered to 0, all data was destroyed instantly. High-Fortitude Agents die instantly; high-Prudence Agents are instantly panicked.

Managerial Tips 6
When a new agent began work with T-6-29, all previously-accumulated data was destroyed by compelling the Agent. They call this a "New Game".

:five: :five: :five:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Lunar Suite posted:

T-6-29

WAW

Managerial Tips 1

Managerial Tips 2

Managerial Tips 3

Managerial Tips 4

Managerial Tips 5

Managerial Tips 6

:allears: I love this thread

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TeeQueue, do you know much about older versions of lc?

I remember an allusion to stuff like setting specific tasks, ie cleaning abnormalities cells. Might make an interesting post.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

TeeQueue, do you know much about older versions of lc?

I remember an allusion to stuff like setting specific tasks, ie cleaning abnormalities cells. Might make an interesting post.

I got into this game WELL after legacy, and as a result I know next to nothing about it, aside that it was much more unfair than what we have now, there were way more work types and any given agent could only know certain ones of them (so nobody could do every work type), and also gender existed.

Oh and elevators weren’t warps, you had to wait for them to show up and then get on to move on them-and yes, you were vulnerable on them!

But yeah I’m not really interested in touching Legacy, it seems incredibly unpolished.

lunar suite posted:

Good stuff

:allears:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I remember one of the quirks of legacy is you really can't have female agents if you have red shoes because it keeps attracting female agents to it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah, the Red Shoes famously only affected female agents in Legacy. Spider Bud in turn only ate male agents.

The main difference between Legacy and the final version of the game, if I recall right, was that Legacy was more real time based. Abnormalities constantly generated (or subtracted) energy based on their current mood rather than just giving a lump sum after each work, and their mood would be constantly shifting (generally lowering) so you had to keep their moods in optimal ranges all the time lest the unhappy abnos eat all your energy and keep you from progressing. Far more of a true spinning plates deal than final Lobcorp, where you can ignore most abnormalities in your facility if you're not actively working them.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 24, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Theantero posted:

Yeah, the Red Shoes famously only affected female agents in Legacy. Spider Bud in turn only ate male agents.

The main difference between Legacy and the final version of the game, if I recall right, was that Legacy was more real time based. Abnormalities constantly generated (or subtracted) energy based on their current mood rather than just giving a lump sum after each work, and their mood would be constantly shifting (generally lowering) so you had to keep their moods in optimal ranges all the time lest the unhappy abnos eat all your energy and keep you from progressing. Far more of a true spinning plates deal than final Lobcorp, where you can ignore most abnormalities in your facility if you're not actively working them.

It was even more interesting and better aligned with plot as written: remnants of the data shows that many abnormalities generated more energy in bad mood but became more deadlier. One cut Abnormality, I should finally post about sometime, would give you a lot of energy in bad mood, but will go Hokma balls on you. And in good mood, if I remember correctly, it will drain energy instead. If you want more energy, you will have to annoy abnormalities and pay the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Theantero posted:

Pretty interesting conceptually, though it looks like they changed things since it wasn’t actually fun like that.

The description of Legacy does more closely match the way the facility works in Wonderlab at least. It’s good insight into that and helps with seeing more of the context. Which is welcome.