Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Clearly what they are saying is that "anyone coming out as non-binary is making a political statement to them and how dare they".
Because thats how some people just think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

DeafNote posted:

Clearly what they are saying is that "anyone coming out as non-binary is making a political statement to them and how dare they".
Because thats how some people just think.

Yeah, that's pretty much the state of gaming youtube right now.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Ice Pirates, relevant clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzWzH0bmGw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

On the final episode of Binging With Babish, Babish mixes up North and South Carolina styles of BBQ, leading to his swift and brutal death.
https://youtu.be/mMle42fPNn0

Ew. It's like when Paw Dugan mixed up John and Jim Belushi.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pants Donkey posted:

On the final episode of Binging With Babish, Babish mixes up North and South Carolina styles of BBQ, leading to his swift and brutal death.

There isn't a jury in the land that's going to convict for the violence about to be dealt to that man. :stonklol:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Pants Donkey posted:

Babish is just setting up his "Botched by Babish" video where he gets a stern talking to by an expert and tries again. Or he has a death wish...

Like he did with Matty Matheson after not making proper poutine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEL5i38GFd8

Bonus: watching the BWB team do their best to channel Matheson's chaos of "Just a Dash" as part of the video.

stillvisions fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 22, 2021

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

stillvisions posted:

Babish is just setting up his "Botched by Babish" video where he gets a stern talking to by an expert and tries again. Or he has a death wish...

Like he did with Matty Matheson after not making proper poutine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEL5i38GFd8

Bonus: watching the BWB team do their best to channel Matheson's chaos of "Just a Dash" as part of the video.

after his first poutine video I was so mad I looked up how easy it is to find cheese curds in new york.

there were like 3 places just outside the city offering free next day delivery of curds. and he used mozzarella, like a lovely pizza place

(I might still be mad. but that's my right, as a Canadian)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

egg tats posted:

after his first poutine video I was so mad I looked up how easy it is to find cheese curds in new york.

there were like 3 places just outside the city offering free next day delivery of curds. and he used mozzarella, like a lovely pizza place

if he just relabeled the video "Disco Fries" it would have been fine

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

egg tats posted:

Poutine being called "Canadian" is cultural appropriation!

:quebec:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Anyone do a deep Xena Warrior Princess video?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's only poutine if it's from the poutine region of Quebec. Otherwise it's actually good.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Archer666 posted:

Everything about this movie sounds like its a great watch, it sounds absolutely surreal.

Ah yeah Ice Pirates rules. Its a spoof thats so spot on that I failed to notice it wasn't a sincere rubbish scifi movie until like halfway through lol.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Chips and Curry sauce are the superior combo anyway.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

All jokes aside it is kind of annoying how anglos will hate everything Québécois and then we they like something it's suddenly Canadian.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Vagabong posted:

Chips and Curry sauce are the superior combo anyway.

Fries
Mayo
Chopped onions
Peanut sauce / Satay Sauce

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does Notch get a kick out of being the dumbest person alive

https://twitter.com/notch/status/1407424478049669122?s=21

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

isn’t minecraft more popular than it’s ever been?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

watho posted:

What a poo poo way to learn Notch undeleted his twitter account.

But yeah my nephews still play minecraft its basically a platform more than a game at this point.

Fun seeing notch stans complain about the latest updates being poo poo in the replies lol. Anyone else remember when notch was in charge and there was like 1 dude working on new content?

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Anyone do a deep Xena Warrior Princess video?

I haven't watched the other parts to see how deep dive it gets, but I did watch this bit about season 3 and it was pretty solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcmzk_Yk5Tk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Macaluso posted:

They just added Sonic so it's more alive than ever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

watho posted:

minecraft is going through a really weird rebirth that I genuinely have no clue about except thirdhand stuff but it sounds like the new in way to play is elaborate platforming and like...roleplaying servers and poo poo? It's incredibly different than the old 'let's build something big and I dunno shoot each other with arrows or something' style and I guess that's what he's trying to be shady about? But yea it's huge thanks to this new focus in community thing, it feels like every other week twitter has some rando's name like "JhorpyXK" trend and I have no idea who it is but I click it and it's all teens saying he's a minecraft youtuber who betrayed some other minecraft youtuber and started a civil war

so, I mean, get dunked on Notch. I don't know who any of these loving people are but they're making Microsoft money hand over fist you candy wall having bitch.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

watho posted:

yes lol

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

From what I gather Minecraft sorta evolved into a social platform of sorts, also a lot of streamers doing massive MP build projects and stuff.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Notch getting owned by Sonic the Hedgehog, you love to see it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it feels like most of the times when one of them trends it's like 'Bhlorjy has betrayed Funbung and taken the Squizzbag gang with him, putting the future of their underwater skate park project in jeopardy. Will the Crungo Crew survive this?' and I'm just like 'I don't know but it sounds like they're having fun'

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
its pretty funny that the sonic thing was where he finally drew the line. hes so stupid

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Some proper sour grapes right here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Macaluso posted:

no its not. its more that minecraft has become more of a "pastime" then a big fad, people still play the gently caress out of it constantly. i still play it a bunch to see all the insane severs and poo poo people build.

Groovelord Neato posted:

They just added Sonic so it's more alive than ever.

seriously. i mean i found multiple servers where you can see Disney parks as working 1 to 1 parks and working ride and audio plug ins with 1 to 1 fire works shows and the server have at least 200 people on every night. so lol.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My kid would watch 18 hours a day of minecraft videos if I let him.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Haven't ya'll heard of this dead game? The kids call it "Fort Nite". :smuggo:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The sad oval office is probably very sad that most young folk would associate Dream (hell, maybe even xQc and Forsen) with Minecraft more than they would him.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

its pretty funny that the sonic thing was where he finally drew the line. hes so stupid

He still wants to believe he's a counter-culture indie at heart who won't kowtow to big business.

Even though y'know...he did sell his creation to the highest bidder. And even if they weren't the highest they were the biggest.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Real gamers know Sonic (they didn't put out any games between Knuckles and Mania) is the one true gaming mascot not some...eyetalian.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

The sad oval office is probably very sad that most young folk would associate Dream (hell, maybe even xQc and Forsen) with Minecraft more than they would him.

The same xQc that got booted from being an overwatch pro for being a bigot?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zedd posted:

The same xQc that got booted from being an overwatch pro for being a bigot?

He's a very popular Twitch streamer. He once streamed Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and got the capital of Canada wrong (he's from Canada) and thought only one state started with a T and it was Tennessee (he lives in Austin).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's a very popular Twitch streamer. He once streamed Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and got the capital of Canada wrong (he's from Canada) and thought only one state started with a T and it was Tennessee (he lives in Austin).

Everything about this post kicks rear end. xQc is such a dipshit thank you for blessing me with this

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Texas ain't a state, it's a way of life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

dream created minecraft, right after he stopped taking his Normal Pills

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

I will always remember hearing about how Notch had one of the walls in like his living room converted to dispense candy but when an interviewer came over he told them they couldn’t have any because it never got used so all the candy was bad. Man can’t even Howard Hughes right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

I will always remember hearing about how Notch had one of the walls in like his living room converted to dispense candy but when an interviewer came over he told them they couldn’t have any because it never got used so all the candy was bad. Man can’t even Howard Hughes right.

I think the mansion had that when he bought it but yeah it went bad because he lived as a NEET instead of constantly partying.