Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tae posted:

Craftables only drop from weeklies, and we're getting a whole new set of them for Inazuma next patch.

I thought the Inazuma billets would be a different kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i want him because his skills look pretty :3:

I wish an all-anemo team was remotely viable like all-geo is because running around with xiao, sucrose, him, and jean would be kind of silly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Crit Dmg is her Ascension stat, so probably.

Had her at like 39.1/187 before swapping things around.

My one goodbad crit rate gladiator helmet rolled everything on Cr dmg and nothing on flat HP, def and def%

Like 30 Cr and nearly 39 crdmg on it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kazuha's skills definitely do look pretty

I'm going to wish on his banner at least a little bit because I want the 4*s, and I'm pretty close to 50/50 so if I win that and get him, cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

frajaq posted:

I thought the Inazuma billets would be a different kind

Unless there's a last minute hidden leak, nothing has suggested the inazuma weapons require different molds.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

There's a man drought in this game so yeah I want Kazuha. Also he's got a really cool design and fights stylish as hell. I may be wrong but I get the feeling he'll end up being similar to Albedo where he flies under the radar and isn't anything that stands out super much but is secretly lowkey amazing.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Harrow posted:

I'm tentatively interested in Kazuha but I'm new/inexperienced enough that I can't easily picture what kind of team I'd use with him or what role he'll play so I'm waiting for him to be out so I can see/read some impressions of him and get some ideas.

He's kind of weird to be honest. From what I could dig from the KazuhaMains discord, he's a sub DPS that enables a lot of interesting team combinations for their elemental reactions. Lots of Kaz + Benny + XQ/Chong + one of cryo/anemo/geo with a little Sucrose/Albedo on the side for their EM buffs. A few Ganyu/Diluc/Klee teams as well.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's a man drought in this game so yeah I want Kazuha. Also he's got a really cool design and fights stylish as hell. I may be wrong but I get the feeling he'll end up being similar to Albedo where he flies under the radar and isn't anything that stands out super much but is secretly lowkey amazing.

This is the feeling I get as well. Not a huge carry (unless you whale to C6) but he's going to fit on a bunch of different teams.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Would Kazuha be useful at all on a Childe-carry team? I've only just started working on him since I took a break around the time of his rerun banner (after breaking pity on him, rip) so I've never really looked much into what are good team comps for him past Beidou being really good for him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tohma is (adult sized) pyro polearm and whatever weapon user this guy is

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

frajaq posted:

Real talk is there a point where doing all the 4 weekly bosses isnt worth doing? Doing 3 gives nice progression on BP but the rewards sometimes dont seem worth it at 60 resin cost for the 4th one

I skipped stormterror last week because I have 9 sigh and 22 each of the other things. Once I triple crown Eula I can stockpile Dream Solvents and if someone ends up needing Dvalin stuff I can transmute anything I need.

Edit: oh but more solvents and billet drops are still an option so if that's worth 60 resin go for it otherwise just cut whoever got a huge surplus of materials.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 22, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mix. posted:

Would Kazuha be useful at all on a Childe-carry team? I've only just started working on him since I took a break around the time of his rerun banner (after breaking pity on him, rip) so I've never really looked much into what are good team comps for him past Beidou being really good for him
Sucrose is useful in Childe teams, ergo, Kazuha is useful in Childe teams.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Mix. posted:

Childe/Kaz/Benny/XL in a reverse vape team is currently being considered.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

frajaq posted:

Real talk is there a point where doing all the 4 weekly bosses isnt worth doing? Doing 3 gives nice progression on BP but the rewards sometimes dont seem worth it at 60 resin cost for the 4th one

There is probably a point where the boss talent mats are useless to you, but I don't know what that point would be. And, of course, the forever hunt for those billets.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
AR 35 player got full 3* of Abyss 12-3: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1BM4y1u7Pw?p=1

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Tae posted:

Tohma is (adult sized) pyro polearm and whatever weapon user this guy is

leaks indicated he is a geo bow user which im very excited for :v:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The main considerations of Anemo supports at this point are how often they can generate swirl, and how good they are at gathering enemies together. Well, Jean is a weird case because rather than swirling she just does a lot of damage in huge chunks and also is an insane healer.

Kazuha doesn't look as good at gathering enemies together as Venti or Sucrose but still does do it with his skill, and it looks like his burst will do a lot of damage and probably swirl a lot. He also gives everyone on your team a big buff that the other two don't really match. It's definitely something we'll have to see in action before we can really evaluate accurately though, since it will depend a lot on how effectively he can keep things in his field and constantly swirl.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The boys in this game do their makeup better than the girls.

I think the main area where Sucrose and Kazuha differ is how Kazuha buffs the team's ele DMG rather than EM. So Sucrose is better in a team that spams reactions (especially Electro-charged), while Kazuha has the advantage with a hard carry that does all their damage as elemental.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Tae posted:

Craftables only drop from weeklies, and we're getting a whole new set of them for Inazuma next patch.

For husbando chasers, the only guys in the future are Tohma and that furry fox/dog guy.
This is true, also absolutely do not skip out on Azmahadada, all Inazuma characters will be using his drops until such time as they add a newer weekly boss. Also as a heads up, remember that Electro Traveler might actually be usable and they will be using Stormterror drops.

And anyone pulling for Kazuha for husbando reasons is 100% right because that's always the best reason, since you'll always be happy with what you get.

Mix. posted:

Would Kazuha be useful at all on a Childe-carry team?
Speaking of Childe, my next target is Yoimiya, would they be good together or do I just not know what I'm talking about? Seems like two part-time dps that would work with each other. I'm thinking something like XQ ult -> Yoimiya skill, spam fire arrows(that I assume would mostly result in vaped rain swords) -> ult -> Have Childe flail away, triggering a bunch of reverse vaped explosions that would stack nicely with his own aoe damage, then ult, swap out and repeat.

edit: maybe Rosaria ult could replace XQ I guess? The shorter duration isn't really relevant here

Selane fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 22, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want to see what Yoimiya/Xiangling/Bennett Childe looks like, but in reality it can't be better than Childe/Bennett/Xiangling/Sucrose. Yoimiya can't replace Xiangling, her burst is way weaker.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Yeah, I should have been clearer with the caveat of "I really like Yoimiya and I'm gonna use her so I wonder what teams would be good". I'm actually not a huge Xiangling fan even though I know she's really powerful. I'm more of the use characters I think are fun rather than power level type, which is why I'm probably the one person that has Xiao and Hu Tao and has them riding the bench 100% of the time(ask me about wasting resources on FOMO pulling). No more of that though, from now on I'm only going for characters I find interesting, so Kazuha and Ayaka will be the first two characters I don't bother with.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yoimiya is auto attack focused.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Selane posted:

This is true, also absolutely do not skip out on Azmahadada, all Inazuma characters will be using his drops until such time as they add a newer weekly boss.

Goddammit. I hate that boss so much. Soo much splash damage and a sack of HP.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I think the Inazuma craftable weapons require an extra material as well, but still the billets.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Any hints on how Elctro is gonna change or is that still a unknown.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tbh i assumed because Yoimiya's kit encourages swapping off outside of her stance/during her burst that you would see a good portion of teams like Childe where you're expected to have a meaty secondary DPS filling gaps. they are giving her actual NA chain multipliers but she's basically going to be the first archer like that ever so i'm curious if she'll feel good during downtime.

Tsyni posted:

I think the Inazuma craftable weapons require an extra material as well, but still the billets.

they should use billet + white iron + new region-specific ore, so just swapping out crystal ore from the normal recipes

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

BexGu posted:

Any hints on how Elctro is gonna change or is that still a unknown.

Will be getting some pretty substantial buffs on the next electro 5 star release, looking to historical precedent.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

My Gimmick Name posted:

Will be getting some pretty substantial buffs on the next electro 5 star release, looking to historical precedent.

I am definitely hyped to see how ridiculous the Electro Archon gets. Previously, we had characters with immense damage power and utility. Venti has an elevator that stacks with other elevators, and Zhongli has a gamebreaking shield. Perhaps Baal could reduce the cooldowns on your super moves? That seems like a reasonable extension of Electro as the energy generation element.

... If this game is still around 3 years from now and the Water Archon shows up, I'll hope they get the power to turn rain on and off. That seems like about the right level of power creep, especially if it works indoors.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Electro archon: bursts are always 100% charged :unsmigghh:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Do we still not have news on any upcoming Hydro characters?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Do we still not have news on any upcoming Hydro characters?

Only one so far, hydro catalyst.

https://imgur.com/a/UmYPp3T

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

The main considerations of Anemo supports at this point are how often they can generate swirl, and how good they are at gathering enemies together. Well, Jean is a weird case because rather than swirling she just does a lot of damage in huge chunks and also is an insane healer.

Kazuha doesn't look as good at gathering enemies together as Venti or Sucrose but still does do it with his skill, and it looks like his burst will do a lot of damage and probably swirl a lot. He also gives everyone on your team a big buff that the other two don't really match. It's definitely something we'll have to see in action before we can really evaluate accurately though, since it will depend a lot on how effectively he can keep things in his field and constantly swirl.

Just reading over his talents and taking a guess, it seems like he might be a really strong anemo support with 4-piece Venerer, if I'm interpreting things right. Combining reducing enemy resistance to a swirled element with a damage bonus to your team for the same element seems like a nice feature.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hydro claymore never...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hyrdo claymore would be too cool to be legal

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

Hyrdo claymore would be too cool to be legal

People are expecting Ayaka's brother to be hydro claymore or at least hydro but that's only in voice lines.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Electro spear... please, I need this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Concurred posted:

Electro spear... please, I need this

I think this is what the electro archon will be

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would just like some base-level anemo shred/buff that isn't tied to Traveler's stupid burst or having to put Zhongli in every team

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Sucrose/Bei/Fish/XQ and Noelle/Kaeya/Fish/Bennet cracked abyss 12 in a very, very weird way. I'm still sitting on four stars and the best I can feel I can realistically do is six (no Ganyu) but a win is a win. I finished the first half with XQ being killed early and cleared the second with Noelle eating it before the mages went down and Fish getting smashed shortly after. Cue a movie bomb-diffusing moment at the end where I got into single-digit seconds desperately spamming Kaeya/Bennet Es.

I'll take it. Best abyss since the first. Not having the big G still feels like poo poo but at least I was having fun pushing instead of feeling like oops I didn't purchase the hard counter.

No Wave posted:

Yoimiya can't replace Xiangling, her burst is way weaker.

With her A4 adding an ATK bonus I think Yoi's Q pulls slightly ahead of of XL on back-of-the-napkin math. A faster cd helps too but I am in no position to be The Math Guy on that. I'd imagine Yoi's E instead of XL's E pushes that out to considerably more damage. I just can't figure out a team that isn't Childe reverse vape for her unless you're intentionally trying to make one around her.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Mailer posted:

Sucrose/Bei/Fish/XQ and Noelle/Kaeya/Fish/Bennet cracked abyss 12 in a very, very weird way. I'm still sitting on four stars and the best I can feel I can realistically do is six (no Ganyu) but a win is a win. I finished the first half with XQ being killed early and cleared the second with Noelle eating it before the mages went down and Fish getting smashed shortly after. Cue a movie bomb-diffusing moment at the end where I got into single-digit seconds desperately spamming Kaeya/Bennet Es.

I'll take it. Best abyss since the first. Not having the big G still feels like poo poo but at least I was having fun pushing instead of feeling like oops I didn't purchase the hard counter.

With her A4 adding an ATK bonus I think Yoi's Q pulls slightly ahead of of XL on back-of-the-napkin math. A faster cd helps too but I am in no position to be The Math Guy on that. I'd imagine Yoi's E instead of XL's E pushes that out to considerably more damage. I just can't figure out a team that isn't Childe reverse vape for her unless you're intentionally trying to make one around her.

is this taking xiangling constellations into account? Also, what exactly does Yoimiya's energy generation look like? Unless she's batterying her burst in E, your downtime is still probably going to be spent E'ing with bennett, not yoimiya E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Does world level affect the rewards of sidequests or did they just word that poorly? I assume they mean commission rewards not all quests rewards.