Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

its honest to god fascinating to watch his ego reflexively protect itself in real time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

Trae literally does the movements from the monster in Pan's Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno). hes a creature from the imagination of Guillermo del Toro

When you’re right you’re right

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Trae young looks like if you used the machine from The Fly on boris karloff and a shower drain, and this is why it’s funny he defeated the 76ers, entirely fairly and justly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Comparing against the Bubble but still

Good news https://twitter.com/nbapr/status/1407384162777063434?s=21

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I just wanna point out I've been on the Union bandwagon since day 1, when Toni Stahl got a red card and was summarily banished to Siberia never to be heard from again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

who cares

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

who cares

it means more nba

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's good that they are changing the rules so it's harder to draw fouls. but they need to go further. take shaq's rings away.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Looks like Trae Young's heroics have saved the NBA. Long may he reign.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can’t argue with those numbers

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
how is the NBA ever going to get back to a normal schedule

they need to shorten next season imo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

it means more nba

If the tv ratings aren’t high enough for an nba season, the next one gets cancelled

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

how is the NBA ever going to get back to a normal schedule

they need to shorten next season imo

They should just reduce the number of games in the regular season permanently and be done with it, but $$$$$

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
the only reason embiid had a higher ppg than jokic was free throw attempts.

with the nba cracking down on foul baiting, its clear jokic is the best center in the league.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Pistons get the #1 pick

Toronto get #4 which I did not expect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Good for Detroit.

Cade could be pretty good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

They should just reduce the number of games in the regular season permanently and be done with it, but $$$$$

and take the first round back down to 5 imo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Well deserved after having to play in loving Tampa all season.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Vox Nihili posted:

I'd prefer reduce the postseason games to best of 3, 5, and 7 as the series progress to make wacky upsets more likely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

start at Christmas and do 50 game regular season imho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Time to bring my Pistons fandom out of mothballs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euph remember when you got in my face in a playoff thread after I said Simmons sucks rear end

same dude

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

some sort of fish posted:

the only reason embiid had a higher ppg than jokic was free throw attempts.

with the nba cracking down on foul baiting, its clear jokic is the best center in the league.

and it came back to hurt him with the repeated flopping damaging his knee for the playoffs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ASAPRockySituation posted:

euph remember when you got in my face in a playoff thread after I said Simmons sucks rear end

same dude

no one is perfect and has the best opinions all the time. We all should give each other time to learn and grow within reason. Like if you are a fascist or what ever thats not good. But if you think Steph Curry is good I am not going to say you are Hitler and Id expect people to give me the same respect

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

no one is perfect and has the best opinions all the time. We all should give each other time to learn and grow within reason. Like if you are a fascist or what ever thats not good. But if you think Steph Curry is good I am not going to say you are Hitler and Id expect people to give me the same respect

i do i just think it’s funny vis a vis your wentz opinion

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ben Simmons is like Steph Curry in that he can be the third best player on a championship team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ASAPRockySituation posted:

i do i just think it’s funny vis a vis your wentz opinion

With football I am completely emotional and intuitive. I cant rationalize those opinions too well although they mostly end up right. Basketball is a different story. Cold, passionless observation and conclusions from evidence.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PS you’re right about the refs, particularly the 3 throw (non) foul by maxey on bogdanovic

I watch nba games a lot and I seem to remember less playoff fouls in the past, it’s annoying

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I'd prefer reduce the postseason games to best of 3, 5, and 7 as the series progress to make wacky upsets more likely.

Nah, postseason basketball owns. Every series should go to seven games for maximum drama, even the stupid ones that should really be sweeps.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

With football I am completely emotional and intuitive. I cant rationalize those opinions too well although they mostly end up right. Basketball is a different story. Cold, passionless observation and conclusions from evidence.

:thunk:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Nah, postseason basketball owns. Every series should go to seven games for maximum drama, even the stupid ones that should really be sweeps.

it's less dramatic though. 7 game series favor the favorites. almost any team in the league could have conceivably taken the 2017/2018 Warriors in 3, nobody was taking them in 7 (without a healthy Chris Paul ok shut up)

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

and it came back to hurt him with the repeated flopping damaging his knee for the playoffs

the wheels of justice are slow but grind fine. if u are going to flop u should at least do it so egregiously that it becomes funny to watch

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i just realized Dario is going to win a title before Embiid. it should've been together :(

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

indigi posted:

it's less dramatic though. 7 game series favor the favorites. almost any team in the league could have conceivably taken the 2017/2018 Warriors in 3, nobody was taking them in 7 (without a healthy Chris Paul ok shut up)

these playoffs are a crapshoot because of all the injuries. so maybe the path to parity is to shorten the offseason to 4 weeks and triple the number of games so a quarter of the league is in the hospital ward by the end.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I'm a sucker for game sevens. A lot of the epic series this postseason wouldn't even have happened if it was best of three or even five. I'm also fine with the "better team" generally winning. A few teams COULD have beaten the Warriors in seven, they just didn't.

Also someday were going to get that 0-3 comeback it's it's going to be amazing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just got this

lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

indigi posted:

I'm not sure there's any circumstance that doesn't favor the favorites. That's why they're the favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

betting favorites can be different than the real favorite sometimes