Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Anyway, shame about the power loader. Did it come with a fake Ripley figure? If you happen to have a pic I’d appreciate it, I haven’t been able to find one.

It's uhh... Not movie accurate.

For context sake, Lanard used to make a series of GIJoe knock offs called The Corps. If you told me this power loader was actually a recycled Corps vehicle, I'd believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mutant Headcrab posted:

For context sake, Lanard used to make a series of GIJoe knock offs called The Corps. If you told me this power loader was actually a recycled Corps vehicle, I'd believe it.

I was always surprised at how much shelf space The Corps use to get at Toys R Us, big vehicles and everything taking up a lot of space.

Meanwhile GIJoe was usually not around at all.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Ha! My SO has that cap but neither of us wear hats (except when gardening) so it sits atop a human skull he got from a nursing school that was just going to throw it away. Seems appropriate.

You need a little plaque in front of the skull:
Here lies Chief Engineer Brett
peperony and chease

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

gently caress yeah, thanks random broken-English Amazon seller

That's awesome! I rarely wear hats but that wouldn't be a bad one to get.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

You need a little plaque in front of the skull:
peperony and chease

Lol. Also: Beware of Cats. Speaking of which, I think it was in this thread that someone mentioned doing a version of Untitled Goose Game but with Jonesy instead of the goose. Did that ever happen? I forget if it was just jokingly suggested or if someone said they were actually working on a re-skin or making a home brew version.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

gently caress yeah, thanks random broken-English Amazon seller

No joke I just put in an order for that hat earlier today. Anyone recognize it yet?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

frogge posted:

No joke I just put in an order for that hat earlier today. Anyone recognize it yet?

No comments beyond my wife asking why I bought 'a navy hat', but my self-satisfaction runs deep.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I knew that James Remar was Hicks well intro production and some filming of Aliens but I didn't know he himself was actually filmed.

He's in the movie still as Hicks in the scene where the marines go into the hive for the first time as that was the first scene filmed.

Biehn was the only member who didn't get to customise his armour because of this. He also consulted with Cameron to change Hicks' character traits a bit (he was originally more like Kyle Reese apparently?). I always thought his armour never suited his character as much as the others did.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mutant Headcrab posted:

That xeno has just had the shock of a lifetime.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Mutant Headcrab posted:

"Get apart from her, you GRINCH"

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Peppermint Alien after getting into Willy Wonka's shop.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

The Last Call posted:

Peppermint Alien after getting into Willy Wonka's shop.

They made them in several colors.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Damnit Wonka, you know what's going to happen when kids bite into those Aliens?!?

Also in the newish Alien comic we got something kinda new?

So there's an Alien alpha now, it's like a normal alien only it has multiple horns on it's head, not like the Queens, think more the devil or satan type. Also like the humanoid alien queen's as shown before.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Last Call posted:

the humanoid alien queen

Is she hot?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

If you try to tongue her, she'll respond in her own special way.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

He never scored his bonus

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The latest Unspooled podcast talks about Alien. They also hinted they'll do an Aliens episode in the near future.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

The Last Call posted:

Also in the newish Alien comic we got something kinda new?

So there's an Alien alpha now, it's like a normal alien only it has multiple horns on it's head, not like the Queens, think more the devil or satan type. Also like the humanoid alien queen's as shown before.

It's.... Fine? The horns feel a bit much.

Although that comic really doesn't feel consistent about the aliens. Issue #3 they barely drove away a single drone with their pulse rifles. This newest issue has them mowing drones down left and right. It also seems like they're barely bleeding, which doesn't seem right. Makes me think back to all the aliens bursting like acid-filled balloons in Aliens.

The lack of alien blood is probably because the author forgot aliens bleed acid didn't have a good excuse for why killing these aliens wasn't eating holes through the hull.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Mutant Headcrab posted:

It's.... Fine? The horns feel a bit much.

The artist 100% just traced one of these guys, duplicated the layer, and ran with it

The story is fine, I guess, but the artist is the biggest possible hack to the point where I just want to see what poo poo he slaps together next.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

The latest Unspooled podcast talks about Alien. They also hinted they'll do an Aliens episode in the near future.

I like Paul Scheer a lot but if he'd have blown his nose into a Kleenex then attached a headset he'd have a better co-host

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is Unspooled as annoying and unlistenable as How Did This Get Made? Just asking, because Paul Scheer repeating the same loving joke 25000 times and everyone endlessly interrupting and talking over each other is why I stopped listening to that podcast and haven't gone back since.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I like Paul Scheer a lot but if he'd have blown his nose into a Kleenex then attached a headset he'd have a better co-host

Dang. I think Amy Nicholson is fine but that seems a bit excessive.

Vagabundo posted:

Is Unspooled as annoying and unlistenable as How Did This Get Made? Just asking, because Paul Scheer repeating the same loving joke 25000 times and everyone endlessly interrupting and talking over each other is why I stopped listening to that podcast and haven't gone back since.

I haven't listened to How Did This Get Made in a long time. Then again the only one I remember listening to was their episode on Punisher: War Zone since they had director Lexi Alexander on.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I haven't listened to How Did This Get Made in a long time.

Probably because it's rank trash full of unfunny shitarses that can't stop talking over each other endlessly. Yeah, repeat the same loving joke another 3000 times, Paul. Maybe it'll eventually be funny.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Maybe THIS time Jessica st Clair is the guest it'll be listenable.

Oh...Oh no.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Vagabundo posted:

Unspooled is good. It's not funny like We Hate Movies but not as annoying as HDTGM. They know what they're talking about and it's good discussion I think. I know this is SA and we hate everything but I've enjoyed listening to Unspooled for the most part. For one thing, I find them unpredictable, which is refreshing even if they don't crack me up or anything.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I watched the Void

It's bad :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Splicer posted:

I watched the Void

It's bad :(

I liked The Void :(

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xenomrph posted:

I liked The Void :(

But do you ever think about it ?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
As a pure audiovisual experience The Void was cool. Especially given the budget. Big respect for the production. Script is bad/forgettable however.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mllaneza posted:

But do you ever think about it ?

I like to gaze into it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So... and here me out.... I am drunk and decided to watch a movie. I turned on this indie film called "The Terminator."

It's pretty good. Just started.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So... and here me out.... I am drunk and decided to watch a movie. I turned on this indie film called "The Terminator."

It's pretty good. Just started.

I call BULLSHIT. How do you know it was good if it just started, HMMM?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

We've all had that movie that blew us away with their opening, to the point that our brains go "BEST MOVIE EVER." Then the rest of the movie brings it crashing down.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

> gently caress YOU, rear end in a top hat

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don’t care what anyone says, I liked Virus when I saw it in the theater, and I like Virus now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipYSWeV599s

As far as “Thing/Aliens but it’s a techno-virus on a boat” movies go, it’s pretty good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The comics Virus was based on was a'ight. Also published by Dark Horse, too!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Virus (both the movie and the comic) is cool and good. The practical effects in the movie are wild, and even the limited CGI holds up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm pretty sure it was the only time Cliff Curtis actually got to play someone of his own ethnicity in a non-NZ film or show, until Fear the Walking Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never heard of Virus before but that looks like it might be fun. The trailer looks super 90s.