Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CVagts posted:

This is a rhetorical question, but if the talent has to be the ones to pitch Vince ideas in order to get anywhere in WWE, why do they employ 8000 writers and agents?

The writers are only there so Vince has someone to blame/fire if shareholders or the network ever attempt to hold him accountable for his absolute dogshit booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, that really is a further condemnation of WWE when you think about it. Requiring your talent to pay for, acquire, and finish their own outfits and then putting them on TV is not only garbage treatment of employees but also just completely amateur production. There's community theaters and high school drama departments that make more of an effort than that. That's the point. WWE is putting on the show. They put a bad, unfinished, cheap product on air. They've just been blaming the talent for their failings for so long at so many levels that it becomes accepted by everyone.

Yeah they totally shouldn't have to, it almost makes me feel kinda bad when talent constantly change gear because I know they take the hit (and I think WWE has weaseled it that somehow they have the right to use those costumes for action figures and video games).

rotinaj posted:

the thing that never makes any sense to me about this, on the part of AEW or WWE, is that these resources are out there. There are cosplayers and cosplay clothing makers that could whip out a thousand times better of a mask toiling away on Etsy. There are people making fan remixes and fan tribute songs for WWE wrestlers that they could just hire to make themes for them. All it would take is for these big companies to reach out to this person and say "hey want a job", and yet, they bring out poo poo like this.

If these billion dollar companies can swing a big business dick, do it right.

The best costumers want to get paid, and WWE nakedly wants to spend no money and still pretend it's the premium pro wrestling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even if you didn't have a full team of tailors on staff at all times a professional production would at least have independent contractors they had a relationship with, especially one that is constantly debuting you new talents and looks. You may not need them every week but you'd be using them very consistently every month of so at least. The frequency of that might actually merit a full time staff, not one who travels with the show perhaps but one that has offices and studios where they can be reliably turned to when you need their work.

But also, there are media productions who deal with seasonal schedules all the time. TV, theater, movies. They all have work that needs to be done in bursts or specific tasks but not 9-5 routine. And I bet most major billion dollar production companies keep some of them on staff because it pays off in the long room to maintain the quality of their products.

WWE has spent a long time establishing that their cheapness and inattention to detail or quality control is "industry standard."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am not responding to the goat but to the person who said gently caress you to me directly. everyone has different colorways for their basic attire, plus new ones on a regular basis, plus special gear for big events as well as additional entrance attire that is often matched to each different colorway when that applies. for 20+ people per brand if they even have brands still, and assuming the other 20+ people maybe only have one or two sets of gear for now. this isn't exclusive to wwe but yes if the company handled everything in terms of outfits they would need more than a handful of people doing it and without question more than the one that the public knows exists. that one person no doubt spends most of their time fixing stuff. wrestlers who have publicly thanked their personal contacts for ring attire in the past include ziggler and mysterio

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 23, 2021

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Royal Updog posted:

cape doesn't have a gold fringe so we don't need to pay your health insurance

Eagerly awaiting the first WWE Superstar to get an actual Sovereign Citizen gimmick

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/06/22/post-news-update-new-wwe-writer-kenice-mobley-discusses-joining-the-company/

quote:

Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes [that’s surprising]. Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in.’

So I am on the Monday Night Raw team. So there’s Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown and the people I know that are on it are Bobby — his name is either Bobby Ashley or Bobby Lashley and I really should know that. He’s like this giant Black guy and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hurt Business. The Hurt Business. They wear suits and they’re like, ‘We’re cool.’

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think all the costumes are made by sasha binks's husband. sasha probably told him to make Nikkei look like an idiot because Sasha is intimidated by her.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm on the verge of tears after throwing out too large of a number of employees that would be needed in my post on the last page. i feel worried, bothered, embarrassed, spited, panicked, stifled, and diarrhetic

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1404979021998395393?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-results/wwe-nxt-live-results-kyle-oreilly-vs-kushida-344871

Adam Cole says Samoa Joe needs to stay out of his way, and when he beats Kyle O'Reilly at Great American Bash he'll be the greatest NXT wrestler ever. Carmelo Hayes (fka Christian Casanova) interrupts and slaps Cole
Cole defeats Hayes
Franky Monet again compliments Aliyah and Jessi Kamea, then high fives them. Robert Stone tries to get in on the high fives and Franky's dog barks at him
Zoey Stark's happy Io Shirai picked her as a tag partner tonight, Io says that doesn't mean she likes her
LA Knight says Cameron Grimes is a moron for caring about an old man more than money or a title
Johnny Gargano says NXT needs a new world champ, and the brand was never better than the two months it had him as one. Pete Dunne interrupts and says he's the one who deserves to be #1 contender, then snaps Austin Theory's fingers
Grimes punches someone for calling Ted DiBiase old
William Regal tells Cole Joe's allowed to defend himself. Gargano and Theory ask Regal to punish Dunne for what he did to Theory's fingers. Regal makes a tag match between them and Dunne and Oney Lorcan
Io and Zoey defeat Aliyah and Jessi. Postmatch Candice LeRae, Indi Hartwell, Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez surround Io & Zoey, but Shotzi Blackheart and Ember Moon come out and there's a brawl Joe and officials have to separate
SMK defend the tag titles against Ciampa and Thatcher at Great American Bash
The Way (Gargano and Theory) defeat Dunne and Lorcan; Gargano pins Lorcan. Postmatch Karrion Kross knocks out Gargano as he celebrates
Dunne stares down Joe, just like last week
Next week Zoey & Io vs Dakota & Raquel and Shotzi & Ember in a triple threat, winners are #1 contenders to Candice & Indi
Franky defeats Elektra Lopez
North American champ Bronson Reed doesn't know how much more beatings he should give Santos Escobar. Hit Row interrupts, Top Dolla (former NFL player AJ Francis) taunts Bronson and says he's not even from North America. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott also calls out Ever-Rise for trying/failing to spray-paint their car while Top Dolla was in it earlier this morning
Hit Row (Ashante "Thee" Adonis and Top Dolla) defeat Ever-Rise (Chase Parker and Matt Martel); Top Dolla pins Martel. Postmatch Swerve knocks out Parker
Mercedes Martinez and Jake Atlas vs Xia Li and Boa next week in a mixed tag next week, Jake reveals himself as Mercedes' partner for the match after saving her from an attack backstage
O'Reilly defeats KUSHIDA via rollup. Postmatch O'Reilly brawls with Cole, Joe and security break it up. Amidst the chaos KUSHIDA gets destroyed by Diamond Mine: Roderick Strong, Tyler Rust, Hideki Suzuki and Malcolm Bivens

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Clip time
Io and Zoey
https://streamable.com/tpw9sg
Joe ordering the troops
https://streamable.com/oyymqf
Dunne Lorcan vs The Way Finish
https://streamable.com/iy4r4d
Eh Kross
https://streamable.com/byfifw
KOR Kushida finish
https://streamable.com/s4dr9f
Diamond Mine is now Open
https://streamable.com/db9vch

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 23, 2021

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

They waited to till the very last second and it was just guys that are already there?

Edit: I’ll give them credit at least they actually did it I was expecting them to forget, as shown by my stupid premature post.

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 23, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

A talking coyote posted:

They waited to till the very last second and it was just guys that are already there?

To be fair, this is Hideki Suzuki's debut.

Also the faction is managed by Malcom Bivens so by default it is the best one on NXT.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

A talking coyote posted:

rodrick's been off tv since april

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

It is kind of funny that everyone was freaking out thinking it was going to be Tessa when they first teased it a few months ago.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
She prefers Elon musk’s emerald mine

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So Suzuki isn't just a trainer? That's...absolutely stunning to be honest. Can't think of many less WWE guys than Hideki Suzuki.

Excited for the first time he's asked to put someone over.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The gently caress is a diamond mine

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

If there's one thing puro has taught me it's that stable names don't have to make sense to work

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

ddp's stable when he was a manager in '91

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Too many factions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

If there's one thing puro has taught me it's that stable names don't have to make sense to work

i've said this before but NXT's stable names are like if puro names were just as nonsensical but nowhere near as cool

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mad Blankey

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how nobody even bothered mentioning that

1) Kushida is the cruiserweight champ
2) He lost a non-title match clean
3) Was immediately made an afterthought in the post-match and then beat up by the debuting new stable

But I hear Uncle Paul really likes him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Go away rotten world, we have nothing to lose

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

poo poo Heart ♥ Foundation

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
roderick strong got a buzz cut and dark five o'clock shadow and looks 10 years older

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

it's a shame about Priest because MitB is exactly where you'd want to book him

I guess maybe the strategy of considering 38 year olds "up and coming young kids" has certain flaws!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does Franky Monet's dog have a name?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it just struck me that edge's hobby outside of work was to have a loving book club in his hotel room and read 69 books during a tour

vince didn't give a poo poo what her hobby was, he was just looking for a reason to fire her

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 23, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kunabomber posted:

it just struck me that edge's hobby outside of work was to have a loving book club in his hotel room and read 69 books during a tour

vince literally doesn't give a poo poo what your hobby is, he was just looking for a reason to fire her

I saw it more as a "I don't know you, I don't know your work, and I can't be arsed either getting to know you or trying to think up ideas for you. Howsabout we just take something from your real life and make that your wrestling persona?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peyton is a bikini model. I'm shocked Vince fired her because you would think that alone would set his horn dog levels off and he'd turn her into Peytonlina or something

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
vince hates accents

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Which is funny since Vince has an accent.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Invalid Validation posted:

Which is funny since Vince has an accent.

i mean vince also hates involuntary bodily functions like sneezing and gets upset at himself when it happens, so

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does Franky Monet's dog have a name?

John Morrison

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
No, he lost to a dog in the movie

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Golden Bee posted:

10 tailors is full-time for three TV shows, where most people can come out in their underpants?

Hey now, those underpants have the wearer's name on them. Sometimes the face too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I'm disappointed that the Diamond Mine debut was just Roderick beating up Kushida by himself, Tyler and Hideki just stood nearby - what a boring introduction.