Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LibCrusher posted:

Really smells like $goon might as well be a total loss

Diluting shares to raise capital is sometimes a big red flag, and sometimes not. Capital is often necessary in order to expand, for example. One could predict (on very shaky ground) that the company is ramping up its sales org in anticipation of impending approval.

Or, it could be accumulating cash in anticipation of horrible news tanking the stock and needing the money to stay in business for a couple more years while it hopes to fix some horrible flaw in its tech. :shrug:

What I am getting at is, it's better to have more info than just "the company is selling more shares" in order to make sense of that fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Good $SCR news:

https://twitter.com/wellsdavid/status/1407422486610857989

Edit: and of course that makes the stock price drop lol

Fake James fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 22, 2021

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MTAC was up a bit today, decided to exit that position at a 7% loss to free up money to lose on other stocks instead. My time value of getting owned you see.

Bought some KBH on the hopes they have good earnings announcement tomorrow after the close. Even if that doesn't cause a big pop I don't see the housing market slowing down anytime soon. Could be a play for a week with a pop or a longer play in the 6 month to a year range for me.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Fake James posted:

Good $SCR news:

https://twitter.com/wellsdavid/status/1407422486610857989

Edit: and of course that makes the stock price drop lol

Still jumped up to it’s all time high, managed to get out at 25.50 so I made roughly five bucks per share. I’ll take it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Artonos posted:

Fyi NDRA just filed to sell an additional 20 million dollars in shares (current market cap is 85 million). So a decent amount of dilution is coming in the next bit.

Yikes. Glad I jumped out while I was ahead.

Leperflesh's post above is right, but sometimes the suggestion of dilution can also cause a selloff/drop.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
After this long of No NDRA News I'm definitely thinking it's a bust

But on the other hand what the hell do I know :shrug:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The company with no sellable product that continually needs to emit new stock to stay afloat might be a bust??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm continuing to hold my 300 shares, but I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing to bail now. It is and has been a risky, microcap biotech company that is staked entirely on the success of one technology that may or may not fail at any of many stages in their lifecycle. Running out of money while waiting forever for FDA approval is one possible fail mode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm hanging on to NDRA, but also I didn't put that much money into it so even if I lose it all, it's a drop in the bucket when weighed against the gains I made overall this year.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lucira is selling a massive number of their kits to Microsoft, who is sending one to each employee per week for the foreseeable future

Them calls is lookin goooooooood

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'm continuing to hold my 300 shares, but I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing to bail now. It is and has been a risky, microcap biotech company that is staked entirely on the success of one technology that may or may not fail at any of many stages in their lifecycle. Running out of money while waiting forever for FDA approval is one possible fail mode.

If share dilution lowers the price to, say, a buck, I mean, that's a hell of an entry point.

Having worked in this field, everybody keeps their mouth shut about what's going on behind closed doors, but a good hint of whether or not something is really cooking is if they have interest from a venture capitalist. Someone with a lot of money who sees a potential FDA approval coming for a valuable treatment will pump up the company if the product is viable.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Thank you $GOON for the week of lunches you provided.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
Weird fuckin day for me, my stocks went down while the calls I have wrote against them went up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This is a tough call. If I stick with $GOON it will plummet to 0.98 and I'll be holding the bag for months waiting for it to go to 2.50

If I sell $GOON @ 2.00 I'll have wasted about $140, but it will immediately jump to 16.00

:thunk:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Red posted:

If share dilution lowers the price to, say, a buck, I mean, that's a hell of an entry point.

Yeah if dilution by less than 25% results in a 50% price drawdown on no other news, that implies a huge bargain. Rationally, the dilution should either lower the price by the dilution amount, or, more/less based on what it means for the company's longevity and chances of success, which maybe the market can gauge better than I can but probably not.

quote:

Having worked in this field, everybody keeps their mouth shut about what's going on behind closed doors, but a good hint of whether or not something is really cooking is if they have interest from a venture capitalist. Someone with a lot of money who sees a potential FDA approval coming for a valuable treatment will pump up the company if the product is viable.

Do the VCs often show up for public companies?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Calm down about NDRA, they aren’t doing an AMT because they are broke because they have operating income, they aren’t heavily in debt. They filed this poo poo with success in mind not bankruptcy.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

back in on NDRA and GSAT after whoever that dude was says it should be valued $3 and change

already up a couple value meals

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

In private companies, they'll never shut up about it, unless it dies, then it was never a thing.

In public companies, it's obviously more complicated, but they'll either advertise interest (if imminent) or a relationship or what have you in their financial reports or news releases; so it's good to read those. Aside from VCs, partnerships are also a big deal, if it's a clinical involvement.

So, for NDRA, there's this: https://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4662746

quote:

ANN ARBOR, MI and EDISON, NJ / ACCESSWIRE / March 18, 2021 / ENDRA Life Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:NDRA), a pioneer of Thermo Acoustic Enhanced UltraSound (TAEUS®), and Hepion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:HEPA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on AI-driven therapeutic drug development for the treatment of NASH and liver disease, announced today the signing of a collaboration agreement to incorporate TAEUS as an add-on technology to support Hepion's patient screening and biomarker measurement during the upcoming Phase 2b study of CRV431.

"We are thrilled to partner with Hepion Pharmaceuticals in the further clinical development of CRV431," said ENDRA's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Francois Michelon. "It's clear that the pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations (CRO) driving the NAFLD-NASH therapy pipeline face the same measurement challenges using MRI and liver biopsy as end-user clinicians. By adding ENDRA's cost-effective, non-invasive TAEUS technology to Hepion's protocol, we expect to deliver time and cost savings for the study through simpler, faster and non-invasive measurements of biomarkers such as liver fat. This is a very important first pharmaceutical partnership for ENDRA that we believe opens the door to broader commercial adoption of our technology across the pharma-CRO sector," concluded Michelon.

"Hepion is excited to incorporate ENDRA's technology into screening for our Phase 2b study of CRV431, which targets non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and other liver diseases," said Hepion's Chief Executive Officer Dr. Robert Foster. "Although CRV431 does not directly target a metabolic pathway, there is enormous potential value in capturing data on the degree of hepatic steatosis and other biomarkers to refine our understanding of systemic variables associated with NAFLD-NASH. We believe ENDRA's TAEUS system is uniquely designed to accomplish this task for us. Hepion's focus on innovation, in both therapy development and AI applications, leads us naturally to explore new technologies like ENDRA's TAEUS that can lead to efficiencies in execution of our clinical studies," concluded Foster.

In December 2020 Hepion announced positive topline data for the low-dose cohort CRV431 (75 mg) in the Phase 2a AMBITION clinical trial for the treatment of advanced NASH. The AMBITION study is continuing with the higher-dose cohort of CRV431 (225 mg), with patient dosing expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2021. The Phase 2b trial is expected to begin enrolling patients in late 2021.

About Hepion Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Hepion Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and other liver diseases.

HEPA isn't Johnson & Johnson, but that another pharm company is incorporating NDRA's technology into their own is pretty significant. Creating these collaborations is demonstrating clinical use/value, and at this stage, you can equate it to a sale. If NDRA was questionable, even the little pharm companies would be hesitant to touch it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
If they were confident of FDA approval would they not wait until after the approval before issuing new shares?

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Isn’t this basically the gimmick of people like Carl Icahn, buy a big stake, show up to board meetings and try to throw your dick around?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Add in go on all the business channels talking about your stake and how great you will make the company to pump and then when it goes up sell saying that your influence made the stock go up and it hit your target.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

If they were confident of FDA approval would they not wait until after the approval before issuing new shares?

that would make more sense to me!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

FistEnergy posted:

that would make more sense to me!

But it’s not necessarily the case so

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

gay picnic defence posted:

That's not how issuing new shares works. Coordinating share issues with FDA approval would be near impossible.

They need to raise $20M so they're selling enough shares to cover that amount. They're expecting 2.11 per share, but its not going to happen immediately, instead they'll sell over time to minimize volatility.

Would recommend reading the form 424B5. It's not too long or complicated.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Shammypants posted:

But it’s not necessarily the case so

Right. But like I said, it all seems very pessimistic

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Baddog posted:

Edit - Etrade says there is a memo out that TRCH options outstanding on thursday night will be converted to TRCH1, and will be contracts for 100 shares of common *and* 100 shares of preferred, and there are no other adjustments (to strike, or # of common shares, etc). I said the company plans to buyout all those preferred shares on Friday, so what does that mean for August TRCH1 options next monday, since preferred shares won't exist to be traded? And they didn't know. I *believe* the TRCH1 strike will most likely be adjusted down though. So if you are one of these guys who think the dividend will be 10-20 dollars, then all these TRCH1 options are going to negative strikes (that'll be loving weird). If the dividend is twenty cents and everyone bails out of TRCH after the money is paid, then I think the trade will work out fine.

Where did you see the bolded part?

BTW, here's the info memo from the OCC if you want it:

https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemos?number=48884

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

i don't like this game anymore

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Agronox posted:

Where did you see the bolded part?

BTW, here's the info memo from the OCC if you want it:

https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemos?number=48884

Thanks for the memo!

I've been doing a lot of reading, and I think the places I saw that thought the money was going to be distributed friday were very mistaken. https://investorplace.com/2021/06/trch-stock-11-things-torchlight-energy-investors-need-to-know-about-the-merger-dividend/, and /r/trch (holy poo poo they are bad). It could take a long time for any money to be distributed to the new preferred shares. Especially since all the real assets are probably worthless since they haven't been able to sell them for years, and their big lease is all bullshit ( https://archive.is/vRNZQ )

But they did just raise 100M by selling more shares - so even if I'm right and all their oil assets are 0, there's almost a dollar/share to distribute from selling shares. If they don't manage to siphon it off somehow. So I think I'm going to sell these puts tomorrow before I get stuck with some potentially untradeable contracts. From your memo - " OCC will delay settlement of the Series A Preferred Share component of the TRCH1 deliverable until the trading status of Series A Preferred Shares is determined."

I'm *guessing* that there will be a pretty decent market pretty quickly for these preferred shares, and the TRCH1 options might be fairly liquid then too. But maybe not! I do want to get back in friday morning after the split though. This thing has to go down, there's literally nothing here (except for the money they just raised from selling shares). The metamaterial company is all bullshit as well.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 23, 2021

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Baddog posted:

Thanks for the memo!

I've been doing a lot of reading, and I think the places I saw that thought the money was going to be distributed friday were very mistaken. https://investorplace.com/2021/06/trch-stock-11-things-torchlight-energy-investors-need-to-know-about-the-merger-dividend/, and /r/trch (holy poo poo they are bad). It could take a long time for any money to be distributed to the new preferred shares. Especially since all the real assets are probably worthless since they haven't been able to sell them for years, and their big lease is all bullshit ( https://archive.is/vRNZQ )

But they did just raise 100M by selling more shares - so even if I'm right and all their oil assets are 0, there's almost a dollar/share to distribute from selling shares. If they don't manage to siphon it off somehow. So I think I'm going to sell these puts tomorrow before I get stuck with some potentially untradeable contracts. From your memo - " OCC will delay settlement of the Series A Preferred Share component of the TRCH1 deliverable until the trading status of Series A Preferred Shares is determined."

I'm *guessing* that there will be a pretty decent market pretty quickly for these preferred shares, and the TRCH1 options might be fairly liquid then too. But maybe not! I do want to get back in friday morning after the split though. This thing has to go down, there's literally nothing here (except for the money they just raised from selling shares). The metamaterial company is all bullshit as well.

Made 12k riding the wave and I'm out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

LLCoolJD posted:

Any idea what leveraged Bitcoin ownership will cause if it continues to decline in price? Also, Bitcoin chat from Reddit:
i just started mining crypto on my 3070 last week so obviously its going to crash now

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

WELL IN THAT CASE SIGN ME UP :gizz:

https://twitter.com/Breakingviews/status/1407396111866814464?s=19

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RCarr posted:

Why is that?

Each share is now worth about 20% less than it was two days ago? Issuing more stock to keep the lights on is not a blue ribbon business strategy, at least long term

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Keep issuing shares until you can buy Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. Vertical integration!

e: how many more shares would AMC have to issue at $60 to buy a major studio?

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 23, 2021

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

numberoneposter posted:

i just started mining crypto on my 3070 last week so obviously its going to crash now

I sincerely hope it catches fire and burns down your computer.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Well, after Fridays poo poo show I managed to at least pick one move, my ATOS was up 100% yesterday so thats something.

Up on yesterday's DOCU and OCGN too but down on Fridays GE by about 50%, going to dump that today I think. I've no idea how a reverse stock split will impact my options and I don't want to as my gut tells me it won't be good.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

The market or your card? :v:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Shammypants posted:

Calm down about NDRA, they aren’t doing an AMT because they are broke because they have operating income, they aren’t heavily in debt. They filed this poo poo with success in mind not bankruptcy.

finviz shows them with negative operating income

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=NDRA

income statement is at the bottom of the page

also it shows them having zero revenue... is finviz wrong? they could be and i'm too lazy to look up the actual filings for a company i don't trade

edit: okay here's their latest 10-K. i would read the "risk factors" carefully. https://app.quotemedia.com/data/dow...3-25&CK=1681682

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 23, 2021

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

numberoneposter posted:

I have no idea if that's at all profitable. I was under the impression that it required cheap or stolen electricity.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Uranium 235 posted:

finviz shows them with negative operating income

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=NDRA

income statement is at the bottom of the page

also it shows them having zero revenue... is finviz wrong? they could be and i'm too lazy to look up the actual filings for a company i don't trade

edit: okay here's their latest 10-K. i would read the "risk factors" carefully. https://app.quotemedia.com/data/dow...3-25&CK=1681682

Of course they have negative earnings. They have no product. This whole gamble is that they might eventually have an awesome product that they can sell at insane profit margins to a bunch of people with fatty livers. It's also why they're selling more shares. $20M should give them enough operating cash for a few years so they hope that bridges any financing needs before they can get to the next phase of clinical trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oscar Wild posted:

Of course they have negative earnings. They have no product. This whole gamble is that they might eventually have an awesome product that they can sell at insane profit margins to a bunch of people with fatty livers. It's also why they're selling more shares. $20M should give them enough operating cash for a few years so they hope that bridges any financing needs before they can get to the next phase of clinical trials.

And this is all perfectly normal in bio stocks