Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Yeah, you do get Necro if you buy that chapter collection that rebuys the base game, but not if you buy the chapter in the crown store, or if you sub to ESO+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
So we only got 45 endeavor funbucks today? This system is a joke.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Made it to level 14, cruising around doing quests. Have somehow managed not to die in combat yet, although it's been close a couple of times. On the other hand, I've died twice already from accidental cliff-diving competitions where someone moved the water from below the diving platform.

Surprised to see that I was still a member of the guilds after all this time away, although there has been zero guild chatter during my time playing so far. I have a whopping 190 CP, so I put 50 points into the movement speed one, and I feel like it's not even really worth bothering with a mount right now as it barely moves faster than just running, or at least it feels that way.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The Locator posted:

I feel like it's not even really worth bothering with a mount right now as it barely moves faster than just running, or at least it feels that way.
Go into cyro, do the intro quest, put a point in the continuous attack passive, +30% horse speed in 5 minutes.
Maybe wait until Thursday so you can get double AP and an extra skill point or two from it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Go into cyro, do the intro quest, put a point in the continuous attack passive, +30% horse speed in 5 minutes.
Maybe wait until Thursday so you can get double AP and an extra skill point or two from it.

I have no idea what this is, but I'll look into it, thanks.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

The Locator posted:

youre missing the best part of the game if u dont play cyro

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Locator posted:

Go to alcast.com. sry it's late or I'd help more

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

insane anime posted:

youre missing the best part of the game if u dont play cyro

That's one opinion, and you are welcome to it. I personally no longer enjoy pvp in any game. I did try the PvP in ESO in the early days. Just not my thing.

Barreft posted:

No worries, was easy enough to google the cyrodil starter quest to figure out what I need to do.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I would not spend CP on mount speed increases until you train up your riding speed if you haven't already (and it sounds like you haven't). As a bosmer with run speed boosts, I can outrun all but the maxed-out mounts all day long. I usually don't even use my mount because I can run farther and faster than my moose. :haw:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Barreft posted:

It's alcasthq.com, unless you meant the aluminium foundry.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Doctor Zero posted:

I would not spend CP on mount speed increases until you train up your riding speed if you haven't already (and it sounds like you haven't). As a bosmer with run speed boosts, I can outrun all but the maxed-out mounts all day long. I usually don't even use my mount because I can run farther and faster than my moose. :haw:

drat, I need to roll a Bosmer!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

drat, I need to roll a Bosmer!

It’s fun! I don’t know how many times I’ve rocketed off the top of a staircase because I’m.moving too fast and taken fall damage.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Thanks for this. Did the quest, couldn't see any improvement in my horse speed, but didn't understand you point about the passive, so another quick google got that figured out, and now my horse is much speedier. Appreciate the tip, I would not have done this.

Also picked up a bunch of lore books and some of the skyshards while I was there, so got probably 4 or 5 SP out of the trip.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
What the gently caress it's a passive now and I've been slowmounting around without knowing. I even quit earlier because they removed rapid maneuver

:bang:

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Last played this game maybe 26 months ago, installed it again, logged in and my ping is 350 to NA. loving what.

Still feel like messing around a bit, been a while. Just not sure I can do anything endgame with this ping.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

At 570 is it expected that I can solo a lot of WBs? Because I can. Not sure if that’s warden being OP or if that’s normal.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

At 570 is it expected that I can solo a lot of WBs? Because I can. Not sure if that’s warden being OP or if that’s normal.
Base game bosses? Yeah. Most base game bosses don't dps check at all, so if you're patient and have some way of sustaining your health you could solo them even with mediocre builds. It'll take a while, though. A lot of them are just target dummies that hit back and move around in predictable ways. Even when they have deadly mechanics they're very avoidable. DLC bosses usually have a variety of mechanics that require you to be some degree of good because a bad build or bad player will either get melted by some mechanic or just not be able to put a dent in their health.

I would rank things as:
easy overworld enemies

100K overworld enemies
Base Delve bosses
DLC Delve bosses

Dolmens
Base game public dungeon bosses
Base Game world bosses

Craglorn group delve bosses
DLC public dungeon bosses
Base game 1 tier dungeons

DLC world bosses
Base game 2nd tier dungeons

DLC and vet dungeons.

Depending on what your build is focused on, some may be a bit easier/harder. I can't solo any of the last three but can solo most of the rest inefficiently on a subpar, but consistent, build. I would not consider myself good at all. For example, the biggest issue with the tier one dungeons for me isn't the bosses but rather getting through all the mobs on the way to them.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

1) Is there a PC USA goon guild?

2) What's this business about a heavy attack magic Templar build?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powerfully drawn to spend crowns on crow friends. What's the going exchange rate for gold?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

SplitSoul posted:

Powerfully drawn to spend crowns on crow friends. What's the going exchange rate for gold?
Right now it's absurd, like 500-700 on NA (I've seen lower in zone chat but I'm wary of zone chat) and something unfathomably higher on EU. I think it's still kinda normal on PS/XBOX, I don't pay attention. It'll come down some in August when the quakecon crown sale comes along, though probably not as much as one would hope.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SplitSoul posted:

waitwaitwaitwait... the what now?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Right now it's absurd, like 500-700 on NA (I've seen lower in zone chat but I'm wary of zone chat) and something unfathomably higher on EU. I think it's still kinda normal on PS/XBOX, I don't pay attention. It'll come down some in August when the quakecon crown sale comes along, though probably not as much as one would hope.

PS4 seems to go around 100g per crown

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Doctor Zero posted:

waitwaitwaitwait... the what now?

PS4 seems to go around 100g per crown

Blackfeather Court banker and merchant. They have little bags on them and stuff. :kimchi:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SplitSoul posted:

Blackfeather Court banker and merchant. They have little bags on them and stuff. :kimchi:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60393

:swoon:

Welp, I guess I'm buying more crowns this month. :smithicide:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Oh wow the crows are cute as heck!
I’m pretty new to the game and just wondering-how many people play with a sub to eso plus? Is it kind of assumed that everyone does, or can you get by ok without it? I subbed for a month and the crafting bag has been great, but I don’t think I want to stay subbed for much longer unless I have to.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

remigious posted:

Oh wow the crows are cute as heck!
I’m pretty new to the game and just wondering-how many people play with a sub to eso plus? Is it kind of assumed that everyone does, or can you get by ok without it? I subbed for a month and the crafting bag has been great, but I don’t think I want to stay subbed for much longer unless I have to.
I play without a sub. I craft regularly including doing writs with all my characters and getting hireling emails. I use the 2-3 yearly ESO+ trials to shove excess mats into the craft bag. It is definitely an inferior experience, but it is manageable with minimal excess pain. Depending on what you do there are a lot of little things you can do to make the experience smoother. The main ones being:
sell or decon poo poo you don't need,
always keep your inventory reasonably clear on your main,
have some form of organization for the things you want to keep so they can at least stay stacked and easy to find,
upgrade your bank space to max and your inventory space as much as you can. I have 2 personal inventory upgrades unbought because they're expensive and I don't really need it. I could probably be ok with even less on my alts I don't play with.

If you plan on crafting and keeping mats there are a lot of little things you can do but the biggest is: max your main's crafting lines and get them to CP 160 so you don't get a giant variety of raw mats. Do the same for any alts you plan to actually play and pick up stuff with. When I was leveling managing bank space was a huge pain, now I regularly have 40-60 bank spaces free by keeping my regular mats in there and the only real work is 2 minutes clearing the food mats into an alt after doing writs.
If you give up on the crafting part of the game then this is all even easier, I just want to point out that even if you want to craft it's manageable.

When there's a game free trial take half an hour, make 9 alternate accounts, make a personal guild and have them join. You get a 500 slot guild bank if you have a guild with 10 members. Doesn't matter that they're free accounts you'll never log into again.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 1, 2021

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

When there's a game free trial take half an hour, make 9 alternate accounts, make a personal guild and have them join. You get a 500 slot guild bank if you have a guild with 10 members. Doesn't matter that they're free accounts you'll never log into again.
Great tips, thank you!
The other kind of issue I am having is I don’t even know what to do with my mats. If there was an auction house I would sell them, but I haven’t been able to get into a guild with auction capabilities. I get what eso is trying to do, not having a main auction house, but it’s a big adjustment coming from WoW.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Ah man. I just bought the kitty bank/merchant last month. Would have rather had the birdies.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

remigious posted:

Great tips, thank you!
The other kind of issue I am having is I don’t even know what to do with my mats. If there was an auction house I would sell them, but I haven’t been able to get into a guild with auction capabilities. I get what eso is trying to do, not having a main auction house, but it’s a big adjustment coming from WoW.
Are you on PCNA? If so and you play with any kind of regularity you'll be able to find some (This is probably true on all servers and platforms, but that's the only one I know). I know of a few that consistently have overland traders and no requirements beyond activity. Things won't sell as fast as the Elden Root/Mournhold/Wayrest traders, or for the premium you can get there, but for casual selling they're good.
Wood/blacksmith/clothing/jewelry/alchemy mats (raw, refined, upgrade) all sell well.
Enchanting mats outside Kuta/Rekuta/Oko don't really sell for much, I just keep them all, but they'll sell if you sell low enough except maybe Jejota (green).
Provisioning mats are all over the places, they all sell but you have to price below average for most of them to move.
Trait mats other than nirncrux don't sell.

I only sell refined mats below my level, and occasionally gold/purple upgrade mats because the rest I either need or is not really worth the trader slot. Plus, the enchanting and trait mats a) are always showing up and b) take time to fill the stack up. So selling them wouldn't really free much in terms of inventory slots.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Yep, I’m on PCNA. I’ll just keep looking around, someone is bound to accept me at some point :)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

SplitSoul posted:

Fuuuck. Crows are the best part of this game, that's totally unfair. Considering bank/merchant prices I'm not diving in for a "reskin" though :(

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

valuum posted:

Fuuuck. Crows are the best part of this game, that's totally unfair. Considering bank/merchant prices I'm not diving in for a "reskin" though :(

Yeah, even if you bought all your crowns at a deep discount they would still be $40+ dollars each. That is way too much for a minor convenience item.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MH Knights posted:

Yeah, even if you bought all your crowns at a deep discount they would still be $40+ dollars each. That is way too much for a minor convenience item.

Only way I could ever see buying something like this would be if I had been an ESO+ player for so long that I had a crazy amount of unspent crowns just sitting there.

Since I tend to play for a 2-3 month time every couple of years, and spend my crowns to get the chapters I'm missing whenever I pick the game back up again, that doesn't apply to me! I have spent crowns over the years to pick up a few mounts, and those were mostly 'wasted' in that I always end up just using my black with blue glowly stuff panther mount because none of the other mounts I've bought look as good.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

valuum posted:

There should be more corvids in games and games about corvids. Blackfeather Court game when?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 2, 2021

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I've been away for a while, I want to get back into this but it feels like they're always loving with combat fundamentals in a bad way. How are things now, specifically for magblades if anyone's playing one?

Also, have they done anything to make the open world even slightly challenging with the expansions? I find it really hard to stay engaged with the game because it's piss easy and 99% of the questing content is below trivial.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I play a magblade, but not nearly well enough to have any opinion on how they are compared to other classes or how they were before.

Hakarne posted:

Also, have they done anything to make the open world even slightly challenging with the expansions?
No. The group events and world bosses can be challenging in the expansions, but the questing overworld is about the same in all zones, hard when you don't know what you're doing, easy once you do, trivial if you're actually good. This does not appear to be something they are even minimally concerned about changing.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I have an ESO Steam account. I'd like to sync the account to Xbox so I can play on Gamepass on my phone. Can it be done?

I guess I can try Steamlink.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Barreft posted:

I have an ESO Steam account. I'd like to sync the account to Xbox so I can play on Gamepass on my phone. Can it be done?

I guess I can try Steamlink.

They are separate accounts. You cannot play your PC account through Gamepass since the PC version is not on Ultimate.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

i just started playing and was wondering why the mount speed was so slow. very glad this was on the last page of the thread. thanks! very stupid thing to hide in a passive!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

i just started playing and was wondering why the mount speed was so slow. very glad this was on the last page of the thread. thanks! very stupid thing to hide in a passive!
It used to be worse, an active that lasted 20 seconds per use. Default mount speed is so bad. It's ok with that passive and it's good if you spend 60 days at the stablemaster leveling it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It used to be worse, an active that lasted 20 seconds per use. Default mount speed is so bad. It's ok with that passive and it's good if you spend 60 days at the stablemaster leveling it up.

There's also an additional speed boost hiding in the new champion point system.