Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

fell back asleep after waking up the first time and had a brief dream that Uncle at Nintendo made the Games Beat 2022 thread, and everyone was annoyed at him because he both posted it in July and somehow gave it the YOSPOS stylesheet

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

fell back asleep after waking up the first time and had a brief dream that Uncle at Nintendo made the Games Beat 2022 thread, and everyone was annoyed at him because he both posted it in July and somehow gave it the YOSPOS stylesheet

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imp Zone has just been hacked no matter what stylesheet you're on!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

dreamed that i was in the recording studio with Charles Martinet while he did his famous audition for Mario. my manager was constantly leaning over to me and saying, "make him say 'pussy' with the voice" but I stood up, put my hand over my heart, and gave an impassioned speech on how "we weren't that kind of recording studio" and "this man could be the voice of Mario. he's going to be a hero." Charles kept interrupting me by saying things like, "it's-a ok, i'm-a say 'pussy' for you" (i don't know what his actual voice sounds like so he just stayed in character the whole time)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Had a dream about Larry last night. I went to Walmart to buy an Xbox, except it was the Walmart from my adolescence so the video game area had all those old set ups where you can play PS2 or Xbox demos. I went to the Xbox demo area to try it out and Larry ran up to me. My mind filled in a very small man, not a little person but a scaled down, fully proportioned adult man with frizzy red hair. And he was belligerently screaming and cursing, chasing everyone away from the demo area. While I was getting away from him I overheard someone say “he really went downhill fast”.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imp Zone has just been hacked no matter what stylesheet you're on!

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

not gaming related but my brain played some kind of cool jazz music during a chase scene last night and I'd like to thank my dream's soundtrack writers, it slapped

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

symbolic posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

not gaming related but my brain played some kind of cool jazz music during a chase scene last night and I'd like to thank my dream's soundtrack writers, it slapped

I love when this happens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One time I had a dream where someone recited a cool poem about werewolves

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed that I had just beaten the Soul of Cinder in Dark Souls 3, but because I had the Ringed City DLC installed there was a "third stage" to the boss which was just the entirety of the DLC. Unfortunately I remembered how the DLC actually starts so I was really confused and just wandered around in the arena for a while.

As I was doing this the "plin plin plon" bit of Gwyn's theme was playing but getting increasingly up tempo and jazzy, and I looked around to see that there was a big tower in the Ringed City and I was like "I bet the guy playing piano is in there having a great time, after all all the music in Dark Souls is diegetic". I thought about finding my way to him to murder him but then I was like wtf no I like the music that's mean.

I started climbing down the big ladder from the kiln to the Ringed City while being attacked by the annoying ghru things from farron keep. As I descended, the camera zoomed out dramatically and I realised it had glitched out and I could control the camera, and that the character was tied to the camera. I realised I could use it as a sort of grappling hook and started swinging my character around with glee.

I remembered that the first bit of the DLC was the university and that it was a normal place with students milling about, and used my camera trick to land in the closed off bit of the campus. I was fully "in" the game now but at the same time was getting super excited to find secrets and post my adventures online. Now fully "first person" I was basically in the Glasgow university old building which is your proper 1400s old castle style uni (I went there but haven't been thinking about it so I dunno). I turned a corner and bumped into the rumoured secret character, the Frumpy Matron, who in the game normally just wards you away from the uni gate and tells you you're too poor to get in. She tried to grab me by the ears and drag me to the Crusty Wardens, but I noticed that despite her advanced age she had great boobs, so I powered up and shouted "I'M GOING TO SQUEEZE THE HONKERS" and started trying to do that, and at that point I realised the plin plin plon music was still going and had reached a fever pitch. I went into the main quadrangle and found Pitbull who was bursting into a rap about Dark Souls over the piano, I remember it being really detailed but unfortunately all I can remember is "Lordran on the west coast, Dale on the east"

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed that I had just beaten the Soul of Cinder in Dark Souls 3, but because I had the Ringed City DLC installed there was a "third stage" to the boss which was just the entirety of the DLC. Unfortunately I remembered how the DLC actually starts so I was really confused and just wandered around in the arena for a while.

As I was doing this the "plin plin plon" bit of Gwyn's theme was playing but getting increasingly up tempo and jazzy, and I looked around to see that there was a big tower in the Ringed City and I was like "I bet the guy playing piano is in there having a great time, after all all the music in Dark Souls is diegetic". I thought about finding my way to him to murder him but then I was like wtf no I like the music that's mean.

I started climbing down the big ladder from the kiln to the Ringed City while being attacked by the annoying ghru things from farron keep. As I descended, the camera zoomed out dramatically and I realised it had glitched out and I could control the camera, and that the character was tied to the camera. I realised I could use it as a sort of grappling hook and started swinging my character around with glee.

I remembered that the first bit of the DLC was the university and that it was a normal place with students milling about, and used my camera trick to land in the closed off bit of the campus. I was fully "in" the game now but at the same time was getting super excited to find secrets and post my adventures online. Now fully "first person" I was basically in the Glasgow university old building which is your proper 1400s old castle style uni (I went there but haven't been thinking about it so I dunno). I turned a corner and bumped into the rumoured secret character, the Frumpy Matron, who in the game normally just wards you away from the uni gate and tells you you're too poor to get in. She tried to grab me by the ears and drag me to the Crusty Wardens, but I noticed that despite her advanced age she had great boobs, so I powered up and shouted "I'M GOING TO SQUEEZE THE HONKERS" and started trying to do that, and at that point I realised the plin plin plon music was still going and had reached a fever pitch. I went into the main quadrangle and found Pitbull who was bursting into a rap about Dark Souls over the piano, I remember it being really detailed but unfortunately all I can remember is "Lordran on the west coast, Dale on the east"

lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream that someone bought me an Xbox Series X and it was brought into my room by four decrepit, withered ancient Egyptian laborers who hauled it like the ark of the covenant.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream I was coaching a women’s volleyball team and we were playing a team that looked like the Kunio-kun characters. The Kunio-kun team was constantly performing super moves making the volleyball turn into meteors and spinning around. My team was hopelessly getting destroyed until I told them to start hitting the ball with a broomstick. The broomstick strategy worked, and we won the championship.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

I had a dream I was coaching a women’s volleyball team and we were playing a team that looked like the Kunio-kun characters. The Kunio-kun team was constantly performing super moves making the volleyball turn into meteors and spinning around. My team was hopelessly getting destroyed until I told them to start hitting the ball with a broomstick. The broomstick strategy worked, and we won the championship.

lol cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that someone bought me an Xbox Series X and it was brought into my room by four decrepit, withered ancient Egyptian laborers who hauled it like the ark of the covenant.

herculon posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Only conceptually video game related, but I dreamt that the mailman handed me a copy of a dictionary as part of the delivery. As he was passing it over he asked "so, how do you get the best ending in that one anyways?"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Only conceptually video game related, but I dreamt that the mailman handed me a copy of a dictionary as part of the delivery. As he was passing it over he asked "so, how do you get the best ending in that one anyways?"

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

been having a lot of dark souls dreams for some reason. In this one it was mostly the normal game but every time I achieved a milestone, it would cut to JK Simmons in Burn After Reading (just watched it for the first time last week) saying things like "so he rang a bell, I don't give a poo poo, it doesn't mean anything does it" or "so what level was this guy he killed, a Lord... Lord of Cinder? That doesn't matter, Palmer, just some fuckin washed up old hollow. Just, uh, keep an eye on the guy, see what he does with the... the flame thing"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

elf help book posted:

This is real.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

been having a lot of dark souls dreams for some reason. In this one it was mostly the normal game but every time I achieved a milestone, it would cut to JK Simmons in Burn After Reading (just watched it for the first time last week) saying things like "so he rang a bell, I don't give a poo poo, it doesn't mean anything does it" or "so what level was this guy he killed, a Lord... Lord of Cinder? That doesn't matter, Palmer, just some fuckin washed up old hollow. Just, uh, keep an eye on the guy, see what he does with the... the flame thing"

Lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after linking the flame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmfao perfect

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Had a dream konami was rereleasing mgs5 for new consoles and as a promotion they were restarting the Manhattan project and were going to drop another nuke in the desert. You could place bets, in a sort of horse race style, on which of the seven remaining bombs they were going to drop. Two were plutonium, two were hydrogen, one was named DUD-001, one was designed to "only work in texas", and the last one didnt explode but gives out a massive green smoke cloud visible from miles away. I put $50 on the cloud bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
had a dream that james rolfe died and in his honor some network tv channel aired a commemorative live game show somehow hosted by james rolfe. it was like a weird travel channel style show where he just goes to different landmarks and places and talks about them interspersed with double dare style obstacle courses back at the studio. the contestant who apparently won rapped about his victory while james beatboxed poorly. it perhaps should be noted here ive seen maybe 3 episodes of avgn.

after this dream i woke up, laughed to myself and then had several follow up dreams about googling if james rolfe really died and trying to tell the dream to a series of very unreceptive audiences.