Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seems relevant. Not super familiar with the restaurant/hospitality scene in the UK but pretty loving wild to think it was so dependent on underpaid immigrant labor, unlike here in the states.

https://twitter.com/SeanFionn/status/1406014855795122177?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
:bravo:

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

Seems relevant. Not super familiar with the restaurant/hospitality scene in the UK but pretty loving wild to think it was so dependent on underpaid immigrant labor, unlike here in the states.

https://twitter.com/SeanFionn/status/1406014855795122177?s=19

how do we put this whole post in the title

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Another day, another big ol batch of hollandaise! Hell is full and the brunching dead walk the earth! OPEN ER UP (limited capacity thank gently caress)!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I've never noticed a lot of extra in-house business on father's day everywhere I've worked since most fathers don't wanna go anywhere on a sunday. Day of rest, motherfuckers.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You also don't see a lot of father's day traffic because a lot of people don't really care about it, since it is a made up pitty holiday that nobody really takes seriously.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Dads just want to drink beer and grill on Father's day.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Republicans posted:

I've never noticed a lot of extra in-house business on father's day everywhere I've worked since most fathers don't wanna go anywhere on a sunday. Day of rest, motherfuckers.

Normally we don't but tonight was full of dumb poo poo.

Friend of corporate manager came in and I swear to Feynman, it said "dont mess this up" on the chit.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i went by the restaurant i used to work at to see my friends still working there tonight, and it was wild to see how many places along the street on the approach were just empty shells; real glad my buds seem to have made it out the other side.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

I haven’t posted here in ages but as far as food service industry goes-I want off Mr. bones’ Wild Ride

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

"Sorry dude, everyone up and quit right as your pizza order came in. I'd cancel it but I can't do that until the replacement manager comes in."
https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/1407049209262620673

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That happened to me twice working at Domino's. The first time was a wash. The second time had me as the only line cook and shift lead and one driver trying to complete 22 separate tickets that had landed in half an hour on a friday so that we could close the store after everyone else walked.

We were not successful and the owner fired us instead of the manager that walked mid-shift. I learned everything about misplaced loyalty that night.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Alkydere posted:

"Sorry dude, everyone up and quit right as your pizza order came in. I'd cancel it but I can't do that until the replacement manager comes in."
https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/1407049209262620673

of loving course this happened to PJ of all people, although the odds of it happening are up across the board

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Anyone have a good scheduling app they would recommend? We’ve been slowly reopening and expanding our hours and doing this with pen and paper is getting unmanageable.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Anyone have a good scheduling app they would recommend? We’ve been slowly reopening and expanding our hours and doing this with pen and paper is getting unmanageable.

We use ameego, it’s adequate

Skooms
Nov 5, 2009

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I used to schedule ~ 40 people with Harri and thought it was great.

edit: scheduling 40 people was awful

Skooms fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 22, 2021

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Skooms posted:

I used to schedule ~ 40 people with Harri and thought it was great.

edit: scheduling 40 people was awful

I believe it. Trying to schedule 20 something people when shifts even existing is contingent on people being able to work is hard enough. Once we get back up to 40/50 people and full hours I really hope we can get back to a set schedule.
Thanks for the recommendations I’ll check those out

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Deputy isn't awful.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

fizzymercury posted:

That happened to me twice working at Domino's. The first time was a wash. The second time had me as the only line cook and shift lead and one driver trying to complete 22 separate tickets that had landed in half an hour on a friday so that we could close the store after everyone else walked.

We were not successful and the owner fired us instead of the manager that walked mid-shift. I learned everything about misplaced loyalty that night.

every day real life seems more like Snow Crash and its driving me to madness

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

eSports Chaebol posted:

every day real life seems more like Snow Crash and its driving me to madness

Is that the one with the armed drones delivering pizza? Because that would rule.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Shabadu posted:

of loving course this happened to PJ of all people, although the odds of it happening are up across the board

If anyone could softlock getting a pizza it would be PJ, to be fair

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Canuckistan posted:

Is that the one with the armed drones delivering pizza? Because that would rule.

No, it had armed drones to kill the pizza delivery boy if they were late on a delivery.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
That's slightly less cool. I can't remember why they're not using drones for the delivery. I should read it again sometime.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^

Skwirl posted:

No, it had armed drones to kill the pizza delivery boy if they were late on a delivery.

We can do both

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Canuckistan posted:

That's slightly less cool. I can't remember why they're not using drones for the delivery. I should read it again sometime.

Because the main character (named Hiro Protagonist) is a pizza delivery driver, so if they used drones Neal Stephanson would have had to come up with a new job for the character. I'm betting early in the draft process "cyberpunk pizza delivery driver" was written down, underlined twice, and then circled.

I also don't think it was murder drones, I think it was camera drones to prove the pizza was on time because in that opening sequence a bunch of poo poo happens to delay Hiro so it was delivered with only seconds to spare. And from experience in restaurants, if you tell someone it will be "30 minutes or less" they start complaining about it taking 45 minutes around the twenty minute mark.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I advise my servers to add 50% to any time estimates they give to customers for exactly that reason.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mithross posted:

I advise my servers to add 50% to any time estimates they give to customers for exactly that reason.

"I wrote down the time you came in and the time I expected, and also we have soccer on and they don't stop the clock for anything, it's been twenty minutes. How do you not own a watch or a phone with a clock on it?" Is what I wish I could say in that situation but no I have to say "I'm very sorry we're doing the best we can."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhjjjjjhh

https://twitter.com/KaraLashbaugh/status/1407149605310042118?s=19

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
What the actual gently caress

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Skwirl posted:

Because the main character (named Hiro Protagonist) is a pizza delivery driver, so if they used drones Neal Stephanson would have had to come up with a new job for the character. I'm betting early in the draft process "cyberpunk pizza delivery driver" was written down, underlined twice, and then circled.

I also don't think it was murder drones, I think it was camera drones to prove the pizza was on time because in that opening sequence a bunch of poo poo happens to delay Hiro so it was delivered with only seconds to spare. And from experience in restaurants, if you tell someone it will be "30 minutes or less" they start complaining about it taking 45 minutes around the twenty minute mark.

The reason it was important was if your cyberpunk pizza was more than 30 minutes late you got free pizza for life from the cyberpunk mafia pizzeria. Also you probably had a Bad Time if you were the one to lose the company a lifetime supply of pizza.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Naturally, Twitter is being Twitter about it:

https://twitter.com/KaraLashbaugh/status/1407540617849286658?s=20

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
No Eddie. You do not need to leave a note for the server you are stalking because you won't leave. You will come back. You'll come back and make it triple creepy and you'll STILL think you're the one in the right.

There's a million customers like Eddie Deezen. I still have a guy that follows me to new jobs and he's been doing it for half a decade.

They never realize it's totally okay NOT to sexualize someone.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Did the FOH managers and Owners at least ban your stalker immediately after they showed up the first time?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

droll posted:

Did the FOH managers and Owners at least ban your stalker immediately after they showed up the first time?
Yeah. Now if I take a new gig, even if I'm just subbing in at another place, I give FOH his photo and show them the posts I've saved of the crazy poo poo he'd post on the facebook of multiple restaurants I worked at. He lives in my hometown and knows my family though, so he always manages to show up to get banned and rant on someone else's page.

I'm not even the only woman he does this to and none of us know what to do about it because he's just a weirdo kook to everyone else.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

fizzymercury posted:

Yeah. Now if I take a new gig, even if I'm just subbing in at another place, I give FOH his photo and show them the posts I've saved of the crazy poo poo he'd post on the facebook of multiple restaurants I worked at. He lives in my hometown and knows my family though, so he always manages to show up to get banned and rant on someone else's page.

I'm not even the only woman he does this to and none of us know what to do about it because he's just a weirdo kook to everyone else.

This is a good question for the law question thread in ask/tell. You might have some options.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

fizzymercury posted:

Seems like the kind of stalking the cops should be doing something about, if they were in any way useful.

Which they aren't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Seems like the kind of stalking the cops should be doing something about, if they were in any way useful.

Which they aren't.

This isn't meant to be defending cops, just further indicting our entire legal system, but the cops can't do much unless he physically attacked her.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

This isn't meant to be defending cops, just further indicting our entire legal system, but the cops can't do much unless he physically attacked her.

I think stalking can be a reason to give a restraining order, which historically pigs dont bother respecting so theyre effectively worthless. I assume thats where lc was going with it anyway

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Turns out not a lotta people wanna golf in 103+ degree heat so we were nice and dead today, which was welcome after the hell grind that the last couple weeks were. Of course with it going above 110 the next couple days brownouts are a risk which will flood every restaurant in the area.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 27, 2021