Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
you think these aliens have an economy and trade with money and if so do you think they will loan me like $5k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Spectral Debt posted:

you think these aliens have an economy and trade with money and if so do you think they will loan me like $5k?

theyre on the purestrain gold standard op

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

good news on the soft disclosure front re: fuckable aliens

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1407669776969715718

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

valp posted:

I read the Law of One which is about a friendly alien god called Ra who helped build one of the pyramids and has all sorts of religious insight (the religious insight is actually really good regardless of whether Ra is real or not, at least in my opinion) as well as details on what's up with bigfoot, so I thought I'd talk to him. At that time I 100% believed this was real, only drug involved was a very small amount medical marijuana that I used daily and my own broken brain. I was raised in a religious household before ditching religion so I already had a ritual and various emotional associations with talking to god that I just adapted to this. I felt a weird heat and weight in my prefrontal cortex when I was sending thoughts upwards. Immediately after I finished I felt a sudden burst of heat and even greater weight inside my head, slightly further back and to the left. It was very localized, like a very discrete physical chunk of my brain suddenly turned into hot lead, and I have never, ever felt anything like it before. Extremely strong and impossible to mistake as being in any way normal or like anything I'd felt before, located right inside my brain. I felt a memory of a friendly smile.

Psychic aliens better be real, otherwise this is going to be an extremely awkward memory to carry around with me for the rest of my life.

What did Ra tell you?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Delta-Wye posted:

i love it. i don't know if im more fascinated by high tech material explanations or the totally out there stuff. for example, i have sometimes experienced things that are hard to explain ( and could be observer failure or biases!) but lue's cig explanation fills in the blank strangely well. if you start to view time and the progression of events as a bit more of a fuzzy notion and causality less instantaneous and immutable than our senses lead us to believe, i could see how our limited window of experience is hiding what is actually happening.

its been years since it happened at all, and even more years since it happened with any regularity, but i used to mistake strangers for people i knew, only to run into that specific person 20 min or an hour later. it got regular enough i started saying "it would be great if we'd run into <so-and-so>" and someone who hung around me long enough would start picking up on the que without being let into the game. i could never explain the trick, its either faded as i got older or the mechanic was dependent on the relatively small town i grew up in.

can i tell the future? goony case of face blindness mixed with religiosity? idk, but its fun to dream!

edit: or like this for a nice mix of the two
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746176/

The part about conciousness was really interesting whoaa

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Egg Moron posted:

Never trust a man what's made of gas

u cant tell me what to do

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

endocriminologist posted:

that Chinese triangle just so happened to join the celebration for the 100th anniversary of the communist party. posadism confirmed

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The part about conciousness was really interesting whoaa

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22051562/

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

What the gently caress thats amazing too

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Phone posting, but someone make that ghost story meme but about weird consciousness/psychic stuff.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sending my conscious energy beams to the science RNGs

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

What the gently caress thats amazing too

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33286021/

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Holy poo poo I realized I smoked some top shelf MAC (miracle alien cookies) weed last night and had super vivid dreams for the first time in forever I'm gonna tap into this conciousness thing before the alien comet comes and try and get in good, early :moonrio:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

humans can never go full x-man, but all are capable of minor telepathy, prophecy, and probability alteration. one of the most common manifestations of these systems in the western world is referred to as "telephone telepathy" and is characterized by thinking of a person or expecting contact from them shortly before they actually make contact. its /extremely/ common, ask your friends.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

when I was in 3rd grade my dad got me the Star Wars vhs set and I convinced myself I had the force

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

smart kid
still sucks i cant meditate my way to eye lasers tho

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I love the scene in ghostbusters where bill Murray is zapping the kid with ESP even tho he guesses all the cards right

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

when I was in 3rd grade my dad got me the Star Wars vhs set and I convinced myself I had the force

Love 2 give myself an aneurysm thinking really really hard at a baseball

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo I realized I smoked some top shelf MAC (miracle alien cookies) weed last night and had super vivid dreams for the first time in forever I'm gonna tap into this conciousness thing before the alien comet comes and try and get in good, early :moonrio:

nice lol i have an ounce of G-MAC its how i talk 2 the aliens about crystal charging techniques

Grey-MAC

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

:catstare:

is this legit? hasn't been debunked in peer review or anything??

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

pancake rabbit posted:

good news on the soft disclosure front re: fuckable aliens

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1407669776969715718

most people think aliens looked like reptiles but modern scientists believe they were covered in feathers

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Vomik posted:

most people think aliens looked like reptiles but modern scientists believe they were covered in feathers

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I just looked at the abstract is the idea the global consciousness project just sets up 6 computers constantly spitting out rng and then they compare the randomness between control times? lol wtf

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I receive you in peace

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Vomik posted:

I just looked at the abstract is the idea the global consciousness project just sets up 6 computers constantly spitting out rng and then they compare the randomness between control times? lol wtf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnAE5go9dI

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

ya'll ever listen to Rosetta Stoned by Tool? :2bong:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

humans can never go full x-man, but all are capable of minor telepathy, prophecy, and probability alteration. one of the most common manifestations of these systems in the western world is referred to as "telephone telepathy" and is characterized by thinking of a person or expecting contact from them shortly before they actually make contact. its /extremely/ common, ask your friends.

is this like the thing where you've got a tune in your head then it comes up on the radio

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

is this like the thing where you've got a tune in your head then it comes up on the radio

its always going to depend on who you ask...but id say theyre cousins for sure. in the case of the telephone telepathy the words i hear most people make equal "the stronger the bond between two people the more likely youll know theyre thinking of you"

so if youre buds with the dj and he says "this ones going out to my bony fealty" they would be more samey? all just different angles on the same sameness.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
is this why im bad at remembering names?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

fanfic insert posted:

is this why im bad at remembering names?

you’re antitelepathic bro :/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Adhibhautika posted:

the uaps are actually mousepointers. Someone is clicking on stuff in the simulation. Mystery solved!

Tech Support: Gloop are you moving your mouse?

Gloop: Uh, yes.

Tech Support: I'm not going to be able to trouble shoot your simulation if you keep doing that

Gloop: Me glorpy :(

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Your UAP is now safe to turn off.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CIA-SPAM > [UFOs] Anything is a UAP if you leave your aperture open long enough.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ordering my black track suit and Nikes before :goon:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I’m glad of 9/11 being caused by uaps

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
https://twitter.com/ufoofinterest/status/1407629083580772353?s=19

Neat effect either way

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hseroK divaD posted:

Neat effect either way

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

so assuming this newfangled disclosure isn't a weird OP to sell Amazon brand bird rockets...

...maybe what it's really all about is government infighting. Some dudes in the pentagon/senators and whatnot believe the UFO thing is a serious topic, and believe they have evidence to back it up. But other dudes in the pentagon, and perhaps entire branches of the military (the air force?) aren't on board with that UFO poo poo, and don't want to cooperate with any investigations, and don't want to share any data they may or may not have, and constantly cock blocks anyone who tries to seriously study them. So in frustration, the dudes in the government who do want to study it, were like "hey Elizondo, what if u resigned from AATIP and we supported an effort on ur part to make all this poo poo public, so that those obstructionists are forced to acknowledge it and do some real research like we wanted"

or its all about beating China to the alien fuckbot motherlode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vomik posted:

I pulled the paper, the specifications for the equipment are the following:

quote:

EQUIPMENT
The GCP is Internet based and employs a network of RNG devices installed at host sites (nodes) around the world. A central server receives data from the distant nodes via the Internet and incorporates them into a continually growing database archive. Each local node comprises a research quality RNG (Mindsong MicroREG by Mindsong, Inc., Orion RNG by ICATT Interactive Media) which is connected to a host computer running custom software. The software collects one data trial each second, a trial being the sum of 200 consecutive random bits of RNG output. The bit-sum is equivalent to tossing a fair coin 200 times and counting the heads, yielding random values with a theoretical average of 100 and standard deviation 7.071. The bits are generated from physical random processes in the RNG circuitry and are not created by a computer algorithm. Quantum tunneling produces a fundamentally unpredictable voltage in reverse biased diodes in the Orion and field effect transistors in the Mindsong. This is sampled at high speed to yield a random stream of 1, 0 bits. Each RNG is calibrated with at least one million 200-bit trials, processed using a custom suite of tests developed at the PEAR laboratory, which examines statistical distribution parameters (four moments), the arc-sine distribution, extreme value counts, run lengths, correlations, and auto-correlations. The devices are shielded, and an exclusive or (XOR)logic operation eliminates first order bias from physical causes.

The trials at each node are time stamped, written to the local disk, and then uploaded from the host computer to the network server in Princeton, NJ, at five-minute intervals. Custom data management software on the server stores all raw data in permanent archives. The result is an accumulating database of continuous parallel data sequences. The GCP design requires that the data be synchronized at one-second resolution. Host computers use network time protocol (NTP) or an equivalent for synchronization, and although we are aware of some failures, most hosts successfully maintain one-second accuracy. (Unsynchronized data do not affect the random output of RNGs, but might weaken or obscure the effects that depend explicitly on network synchronization.) Synchronous data generation means that we can treat the network as a single instrument, using statistical measures that address the whole network rather than treating the RNGs individually.

Figure 1shows the location of host sites in the network, which grew to approximately 60 nodes in the first years of the Project, and since 2004, has been relatively stable with 60 to 70 operational nodes. We rely on volunteers to host and maintain the RNG device and software at each node. The geographical distribution of nodes is constrained by infrastructure limitations. Although we aim for a world-spanning network—ideally a deployment representative of world population densities—network coverage is poor in areas where Internet access is limited. For example, we do not have coverage in many parts of Africa and Asia.