Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I don't know why, but it's kinda amusing that Enzo DiMatteo manages to write an analysis of the Ford cabinet shuffle that feels like trashy entertainment "news".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

My brother mixed Pfixer + Moderna and said today he felt like total poo poo but a tylenol is helping. I said for him to stay home but he said he had to go in (asphalt truck driver).

That sucks a lot but at least it's "I have to work even though I feel like poo poo because I got the covid vaccine" and not "I have to work even though I feel like poo poo because I got covid".

Tell him to keep hydrated. It'll make him feel better.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

some good loving numbers out of ont today, 255 cases, almost 230k vaccines. hopefully i can go get a haircut within the next month

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
MB announcing revised restrictions today.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Vintersorg posted:

My brother mixed Pfixer + Moderna and said today he felt like total poo poo but a tylenol is helping. I said for him to stay home but he said he had to go in (asphalt truck driver).

I did that combo on Monday and felt fine for most of Tuesday, but got really tired in the evening and felt a little sick. I had a really good sleep though and feel fine today.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
I got double-vaxxed with Pfizer last week. felt like I was stoned for a bit a couple hours after the shot but then no real immediate side effects except a sore arm. Partner had some lymph node swelling. I've felt exhausted and a bit sore the last few days but not sure if that's the vaccine or just the great combo of solstice+heat wave.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ChickenWing posted:

Second shot todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay holy gently caress I am amped

Got my 2nd shot at UofT at 10:30 this morning. Feels loving great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In a speech to his caucus on the last sitting day of the House of Commons on Wednesday, Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole spoke about his opposition to the push to 'cancel' Canada Day over of the discovery of unmarked graves of Indigenous children at former residential schools.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/o-toole-tells-conservative-caucus-he-s-against-cancelling-canada-day-1.5482161

And with that Otoole brings his bullet riddled foot up and inserts it into his mouth. He and Kenney both being of the same mind that these calls to action are being done by small groups of bad faith actors is pretty rich.
It's the conservative "old stock Canadians" messaging all over again.

in funnier news, Quebecers get trolled and are feeling betrayed, news at eleven.

https://twitter.com/timmacdonell/status/1407538937049063428

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 23, 2021

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/GlobalGraeme/status/1407723542825902081?s=19

God bless their stupid loving egos

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

MB announcing revised restrictions today.

Housing is going to be so cheap in Winkler and Steinbach when all the mennos croak this summer.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It gets stupider

https://twitter.com/brett_cbc/status/1407721844464041984?s=21

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

Housing is going to be so cheap in Winkler and Steinbach when all the mennos croak this summer.

My family is Mennonite but from Saskatchewan. I asked mom if there was any of the dumb anti-vaxx stuff in her church and they seem to be very pro-vaxx, like every single person (outside of a few with immune conditions) have one or both shots and are pretty happy about it. Services have been over zoom the whole pandemic and nobody's gotten upset about it. But we have a translated copy of my great grandma's old journal and one of her cousins got married to some guy from near Winkler and the Manitoba Mennonites were doing this same exact poo poo in 1918. Great grandma was holding church with one other family, wearing masks, and not really leaving the farm while her cousin's husband was dragging the whole family to church with everybody else and not changing their life at all. There was even a mention of some conspiracy theory that the flu/restrictions were Canada trying to punish Mennonites for speaking German and not fighting in WWI. Winkler's a weird place.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Grats on your mennos not being dumb af because according to my sister there's a lot of anti vaxxers in the Ontario mennonite community as well.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Kind of weird to hear "your mennos" used here.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Southern Manitoba is so hosed

https://twitter.com/__m_pereira/status/1407739385592778753?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ontario has passed the threshold for phase 3 which is supposed to come in late July early August. We're still in phase 1 but I wonder how long that will last.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stanley's 18% is like, 1,500 people. A determined healthcare professional running around hogtying farmers and jabbing them could increase the percentage points of the area by a significant amount in one day.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ontario has passed the threshold for phase 3 which is supposed to come in late July early August. We're still in phase 1 but I wonder how long that will last.

Making vaccination targets be the headline metrics was the dumbest thing. Ford should have led with the 3 week gaps as the main criteria and include the vaccination numbers as supplementary targets, since it was a total inevitability that we were going to hit the phase 2 / 3 targets insanely ahead of when we 'should' have. Now everyone is acting like we're artificially keeping things closed, when the plan still makes sense just on the timed gaps alone.

I've given up on Reddit, they've gone full blown "open everything up immediately".

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

enki42 posted:

I've given up on Reddit, they've gone full blown "open everything up immediately".

you have a lot of patience if it took you this long to give up on reddit

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Pleads posted:

Stanley's 18% is like, 1,500 people. A determined healthcare professional running around hogtying farmers and jabbing them could increase the percentage points of the area by a significant amount in one day.

Even though it's a small # it's still an issue because they will come into other areas. It's not like they live and work solely in the Stanley area. You're probably going to get your groceries from Morden or Winkler or serve customers from that area

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Arcsquad12 posted:

In a speech to his caucus on the last sitting day of the House of Commons on Wednesday, Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole spoke about his opposition to the push to 'cancel' Canada Day over of the discovery of unmarked graves of Indigenous children at former residential schools.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/o-toole-tells-conservative-caucus-he-s-against-cancelling-canada-day-1.5482161

And with that Otoole brings his bullet riddled foot up and inserts it into his mouth. He and Kenney both being of the same mind that these calls to action are being done by small groups of bad faith actors is pretty rich.
It's the conservative "old stock Canadians" messaging all over again.

Too much historical research has poisoned my enthusiasm for Canada Day. I haven't celebrated it for several years. My indigenous cousin otoh is all for it - he'll be downtown on the public walk selling bbq salmon to the crowds.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What the gently caress, Stanley?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

Grats on your mennos not being dumb af because according to my sister there's a lot of anti vaxxers in the Ontario mennonite community as well.

Weird 'your' aside, this is, at least in Winkler from experience, much more on the attendants of PVBC and the like.

Hopefully this means they lose that ongoing cold war but i wont hold my breath.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Arivia posted:

you have a lot of patience if it took you this long to give up on reddit

No kidding - half the posts on r/Canada are op-eds from the national post or other inflammatory nonsense and the comments are truly insane. There's a post in there today about cultural programming for black youth (the NatPo op-ed is typical "this is segregation?" "MLK wouldn't have wanted this!") and all the comments are crying reverse racism, CRT is to blame, the woke are running amok etc.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

MNIMWA posted:

No kidding - half the posts on r/Canada are op-eds from the national post or other inflammatory nonsense and the comments are truly insane. There's a post in there today about cultural programming for black youth (the NatPo op-ed is typical "this is segregation?" "MLK wouldn't have wanted this!") and all the comments are crying reverse racism, CRT is to blame, the woke are running amok etc.

One of the /r/canada mods was a self described white supremacist and the sub gets pretty heavily brigaded by the "just asking questions" coalition from /r/metacanada

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Yeah, it's been a LOOONG time since I've been on /r/canada, that place is the worst. /r/ontario was mostly bearable for a while but it's hopeless now.

/r/onguardforthee is generally fine if I want to see what the headlines are.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Reddit is a white supremacist cesspool... stop going.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

apatheticman posted:

Smaller subreddits dedicated to learning about a topic are usually fine.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Yeah, reddit is definitely more isolated by subreddit - the big subs generally suck but there's nothing particularly chuddy about like, their food subreddits or whatever.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hard to provide a morally consistent rebuttal posting on a website ran that was run by a spouse abuser for ages, I just chose not to engage except for the odd google result because I don't find supporting it worth it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

r/winnipeg is generally pretty progressive and any PC supporters/right wing trash get torched.

apatheticman posted:

Hard to provide a morally consistent rebuttal posting on a website ran that was run by a spouse abuser for ages, I just chose not to engage except for the odd google result because I don't find supporting it worth it.

Yet you still post here but they have ousted Lowtax.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

Southern Manitoba is so hosed

This is well known.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
drat if only I was born a couple hours south of winnipeg I'd have all the dick i want

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Only 32 new cases in Saskatchewan today with a positivity rate of 1.77(!), despite having the lowest vaccination rate in the country. I really hope this delta variant doesn’t take gold because things are starting to look a lot better.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/TheoMoudakis/status/1407790924139220998?s=19

:thurman:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pleads posted:

This sounds like an excellent replacement for the Stampede. All of the chasing and tying, but it prevents disease!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

absolutely devastating

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

apatheticman posted:

actual picture of me on my way to a place that doesn't have a white supremacy problem

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

apatheticman posted:

This is literally the site that birthed 4chan you dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/CityCynthia/status/1407765458984579072

img-meme-Why would Toronto City Council do this?.png

Bleck posted:

actual picture of me on my way to a place that doesn't have a white supremacy problem

Fitting that it's an obvious fake but I still must applaud the maker of that image for taking the time to paste the image of the moon behind the layer with the stars.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 23, 2021