Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
lol

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

get hosed germany, get hosed france

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

actually shocked his head didn’t pop off like a pez there

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving dumb

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

blue footed boobie posted:

Lloris clearly got the ball before he killed the guy IMO and I’m not sure that’s a pen

clattenburg saying he didn't play the ball because he didn't get enough on it, but he's like 2 milliseconds from getting there first? not like a more clear case where he'd never punch the ball and was purely going for the KO

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hugowned lolris

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Lloris clearly got the ball before he killed the guy IMO and I’m not sure that’s a pen

I never like a penalty awarded for contact on the follow through… they got the shot off.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Serious tho the ref looked like he was making GBS threads his pants after he called that, whats up with that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

i dont think youre allowed to punch other players in the head even if you touch the ball first

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

looked like one of those slo-mo boxing replays where the whacked guy sprays saliva everywhere

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

hugowned lolris

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Omnikin posted:

Serious tho the ref looked like he was making GBS threads his pants after he called that, whats up with that

He's a little bitch baby

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lol england vs france right now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Omnikin posted:

the fix is on

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lol get your eyes checked. Lloris first punched + elbowed him and then got the ball

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Karl Sharks posted:

clattenburg saying he didn't play the ball because he didn't get enough on it, but he's like 2 milliseconds from getting there first? not like a more clear case where he'd never punch the ball and was purely going for the KO

not a clear and obvious error though

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Everything about that owns so much

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

vyelkin posted:

i dont think youre allowed to punch other players in the head even if you touch the ball first

what line do you draw on what happens after? if a player does a terry diving header for the ball as someone else is clearing it and he gets his noggin punted is that the kicking player's fault?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i am fine with penalties being awarded when the goalkeeper punches a guy in the face even if it's unintentional and goalie arm meets ball first

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Karl Sharks posted:

I dislike the reliance on super slow mo for replays too because it's so, so easy to overstate "intent" and its ilk

Full speed that's like "Lloris & Danilo combine for a ball in the same blink of an eye and Danilo gets the worst of it"

Super turbo slow mo "Lloris watches Danilo head the ball before superman punching his loving lights out, oh he also said he hosed the VAR ref's wife, this is a penalty"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

P
E
N
A
L
D
O

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

foot ball is a contact sport

*brings knuckle-dusters to the match*

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Omnikin posted:

I dislike the reliance on super slow mo for replays too because it's so, so easy to overstate "intent" and its ilk

Full speed that's like "Lloris & Danilo combine for a ball in the same blink of an eye and Danilo gets the worst of it"

Super turbo slow mo "Lloris watches Danilo head the ball before superman punching his loving lights out, oh he also said he hosed the VAR ref's wife, this is a penalty"

yeah, it's this

in real time they were both going for the ball and goalies punch the ball routinely

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

tbh i am fine with penalties being awarded when the goalkeeper punches a guy in the face even if it's unintentional and goalie arm meets ball first

Get a load of this freakin dweeb!!!!!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It‘s really pouring down in Germany

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yellow?? lol

this loving ref

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

poty posted:

Makes balls access tougher for Jogi

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Karl Sharks posted:

what line do you draw on what happens after? if a player does a terry diving header for the ball as someone else is clearing it and he gets his noggin punted is that the kicking player's fault?

If he keeps his arm straight instead of following through with a forearm smash Lex Luger style when the ref's not looking I'd see what you're saying but uh he didn't so pen and shoulda been a red imo

Violent conduct/endangering a player doesn't have to be intentional it just has to be apparent.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

poty posted:

all those rainbows come from rainstorms innit

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, it's this

in real time they were both going for the ball and goalies punch the ball routinely

yeah that's the core of the issue imo, if you think that sort of situation always deserves a penalty cause it's dangerous, then don't have it where keepers can punch balls out like that

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

idk if you're being obtuse but the rules are plenty clear about this

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Karl Sharks posted:

might be contextual, there

I think if one of the france players went in with a boot at standing head height it'd be called a penalty regardless of who touched the ball first

generally when a keeper comes to punch he isn't punching straight out into an oncoming player

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just lol if these results hold.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

France making GBS threads the bed

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Hungarian kit looking like a wet t-shirt contest, in an aggressively straight way

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
England could beat this French team

in the first half

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

starting to get the feeling that this ref doesn't much like the french

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
England vs France if these results hold right?

Portugal just shithouse relentlessly, it’s a genuine art.