Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Clippers really need Kawhi back

to their credit they're still in this despite PG shooting badly, but with Kawhi they'd probably be winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah PG looks a little stretched at this usage

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
*taps frantically on index card labeled SCOTT FOSTER connected to other index cards by bits of red string*

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol george choked and missed both free throws. he's like an 85% ft shooter???

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AYTON

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Okay I'm with euph on the refs now. These 9 seconds have taken at least 10 minutes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I Before E posted:

I'm not sure there's any circumstance that doesn't favor the favorites. That's why they're the favorites.

yeah but a 3 game series favors them less due to RNG

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

lol george choked and missed both free throws. he's like an 85% ft shooter???

playoff P

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

when does CP get over covid

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
that game owned

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Paul George is supposed to be a 40%+ 3-point shooter but it feels like he hits maaaaybe 20% in the playoffs.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

indigi posted:

when does CP get over covid

supposed to be back for game 3 thursday

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

glad the suns came out strong to win the first two and destroy any legitimacy to the "cp3 for mvp" argument. If you can be sufficiently replaced by cam Payne how you gonna be mvp yall

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Clips are sad saps on offense without Leonard is why. They'll need CP3 for the finals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looks like the only team that had bad luck in the Lottery was OKC. They could have had their own top 4 pick and also Houston 5 i think.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Both teams played like poo poo because they were missing their best players. If CP3 comes back and Kawhi doesn't I think the Suns could sweep.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Paul George is supposed to be a 40%+ 3-point shooter but it feels like he hits maaaaybe 20% in the playoffs.

Thought the same thing, so I looked it up and he does underperform in the playoffs.

He's a career .384 3pt shooter in the regular season and shot .411 this season.

He's a career .356 3pt shooter in the playoffs and has shot .306 in round 1, .417 in round 2, and is shooting .348 this series.

His last series mark is the first time he has shot above .400 in the playoffs since the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals where his Pacers were swept by Lebron's Cavs. He played in 5 playoff series between then and last series. At no point in those 5 series did he shoot better than his current career percentage either.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

Looks like the only team that had bad luck in the Lottery was OKC. They could have had their own top 4 pick and also Houston 5 i think.

indeed. 75% chance at top 4. trying to talk myself into liking scottie barnes...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

=

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.theonion.com/sixers-fans-praise-ben-simmons-for-embodying-philadelph-1847153915

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think it would be cool if the Bucks win tonight

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s true. the Jedi, the force…. all of it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ...ffs-joel-embiid

love the picture of him there

that’s his smile

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the man makes $40m a year and basketball insiders report he has no work ethic or desire to improve, why would anyone trade for him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know . I don’t think he’s getting traded either

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
he made the playoffs. that's pretty good. MVP caliber.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

vyelkin posted:

the man makes $40m a year and basketball insiders report he has no work ethic or desire to improve, why would anyone trade for him

I can fix him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pamela Springstein posted:

he made the playoffs. that's pretty good. MVP caliber.

it’s certainly is a necessary condition

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

vyelkin posted:

he's one of the better defenders in the league and can defend 1 to 5. he doesn't need to really improve to be worth his contract, he just needs to play at his regular season level this year and not what he did in the playoffs

get him to a team where he's the 3rd or 4th offensive option and there's no reason to think he can't at least be get back to being a productive player on a winning team, even if he's never gonna be an all NBA player

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

all he has to do is hit free throws at like 60%

I don’t see this as the end of his career

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Windhorst

NBA Central: "In talking to executives around the league, there’s a lot of interest in Ben Simmons. If he was made available on the market today, there would be maybe up to a dozen teams would make offers." – Brian Windhorst (Via ESPN) 1 hour ago – via Twitter TheNBACentral

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean he doesn't show the work ethic or personal drive for betterment as a Wiggins level player but the blue chip draft position would make it a reasonable switch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

apparently Danny green was the guy who texted SAS

I’m trying to find out lol

that would be a bad sign if it were green

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Milwaukee can’t do anything either

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just terrible basketball

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
bogdan, son of bogdan has no lift with that knee

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

48 points and 11 assists for Trae "best player left in the East" Young tonight

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the refs created this travesty

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Good reffing tonight. Glad they let 'em play. Just a feel-good game all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

the refs created this travesty

trae young is a superstar