Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nirugame-Chan is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sb hermit posted:

I just got a coffee scoop. Flavors are subtle but I appreciated it more as I got to the end. Service was great. I'll probably get a scoop of something else, though.

EDIT: there is a bonus picture that might get posted when I have time to do some photo editing

Should have gotten the Meloncholy of HoneyDew Suzumiya.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Soooo Fate Zero sucked. The fights were very bad. Nothing even tries to be the level of the first Saber vs Lancer fight. Caster and Berserker were extremely dull fighters. Rider had one moment but it was treated like an aside like it didn’t matter at all. Gilgamesh doesn’t even loving show up like what the gently caress. Like yeah that’s his thing but come on. Nobody likes no sells.

The plot was dumb. Like I mean it was fine. I dunno like it did nothing besides tell the story it was meant to tell.

I unno when I think about it specifically there’s nothing I can say I really disliked but overall it was not good. Besides the fighting which was bad. Also worm guy sucked but he sucked on purpose and the show calls it out but like that doesn’t stop it from sucking. Should have been a movie.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
While ostensibly meant to be a prequel with its own story to tell that was built up in the original story, thematically the only important thing that Fate/Zero has to actually say is the downfall of Kiritsugu. It's a story that exists only to show how much of a fuckup he is and therefore why it was so important for Shirou in FSN to ultimately not wind up like him. This has the effect of making the rest of the story and cast quite thin without much to say or do of relevance, and when combined with Zero's rampant misogyny it makes it a story I've liked less and less over the years.

It introducing Waver and Iskander are basically the only actual positive contributions to Fate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well, its popularity when it got an anime also led to basically every other fate thing after it. obviously fsn was popular in its own right too but its fz that led to the conditions for it to blow up with fgo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1407692208845721607?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, FF9 is getting an anime adaptation? When was this announced?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, he's using anime in the sense that it's an animated series. The other day, it was announced that FF9 would be getting an adaptation by a French studio.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yup, here’s a source for that:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-21/final-fantasy-ix-game-to-get-animated-series/.174255

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is a very good aesthetic.

https://twitter.com/nade_gata/status/1407618176624496642?s=21

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:rock:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agreed.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

I love how he calls it "Mountain Time". Now I wanna live in Mountain Time.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Mountain Time is like, only Arizona, right? Because they ignore Daylight Savings? Dude's wild for asking for commissions via ransom note, but I appreciate how willing he is to reveal his home.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

What am I gonna do if I find out where he lives? it's not like I can do anything to someone that has grown up in Mountain Time.

Skipping daylight savings means Arizona alternates between Mountain and Pacific time IIRC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

14 American states are either entirely or partially in the Mountain Time Zone, as well as 5 Canadian provinces and territories and 6 Mexican states.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I was just trying to be snarky, dude's a complete wack job lol. I had no idea that timezone was so broad though. I've only heard it super niche-ly

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mountain time is skittish townspeople with itchy trigger fingers time :clint: :tinfoil: :jihad:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reik posted:

Skipping daylight savings means Arizona alternates between Mountain and Pacific time IIRC.

No, it's just MDT and MST, just like every other time zone?

The pic you linked only includes the Navajo nation part of Arizona, which does observe daylight saving time, btw.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

The pic you linked only includes the Navajo nation part of Arizona, which does observe daylight saving time, btw.

Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings. It stays the same year round and matches up with PDT and MST.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 23, 2021

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings. It stays the same year round and matches up with PDT and MST.

Yes, so it stays on MST?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

Ah, the image includes places currently on Mountain Time, and the rest of Arizona is on PDT now.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Yes, so it stays on MST?

Yes. I don't know where the image is from, but I'm guess it's showing where Mountain Time is right now, which is MDT. This wouldn't be accurate for Arizona, which is why it isn't highlighted. It's an odd distinction, but people conversationally don't specify daylight savings or standard time, they just state the timezone, like how Reik said it alternates between Mountain and Pacific.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
As someone residing in the other US state that doesn't have daylight saving, I think that's stupid.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's the deal between Green and Beige zones? Is the beige zone "We do Mountain Time but we also sometimes do one Daylight Savings" or something?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
C.C.’s cryptocurrency, pizzacoin

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

https://twitter.com/InvestorsLive/status/1407780136188002304

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I changed my password shortly before mangadex died, should I change it again now that it's (partially) back up?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I changed my password shortly before mangadex died, should I change it again now that it's (partially) back up?

Their site is terrible now and I saw no way to change it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Their site is terrible now and I saw no way to change it.

I dunno, I kinda like it. My only complaints so far is there's no Fit-to-Screen option, and all the issues are on a separate tab, so you can't immediately see them when tapping the manga titles.

And I do wish it still did dual columns for the manga listings that include a blurb.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 24, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What you see on the desktop right now is the mobile view because the rest isn't done yet IIRC

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ah. Well, in that context, what they have isn't bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Maiko House just updated on CR. :neckbeard:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mangadex may as well still be down until they enable uploading again imo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Mangadex may as well still be down until they enable uploading again imo
then you'd at least be waiting all summer with no update

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

14 American states are either entirely or partially in the Mountain Time Zone, as well as 5 Canadian provinces and territories and 6 Mexican states.

Did I miss Canada adding a few new provinces? Only Alberta, Northwest and Yukon Territories follow mountain time. British Columbia is Pacific Time and Saskatchewan remains on Central Standard year round.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did I miss Canada adding a few new provinces? Only Alberta, Northwest and Yukon Territories follow mountain time. British Columbia is Pacific Time and Saskatchewan remains on Central Standard year round.

Nunavut in 1999 was formed from part of NWT

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Arcsquad12 posted:

like a fifth of BC is on MST, just parts where nobody lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You definitely need to change your MangaDex password now that John McAfee is dead.