Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Tesla was right posted:

What sexcrimes did he do? I thought it was mostly about going on the run when his neighbour turned up dead?

I think he tried to sleep with a whale.

The worst snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He established a remote lab in the jungle in Belize to try and perfect a drug he called "super perv powder" that was mostly MDPV and random poo poo he found in the jungle like dirt, so it's probably safer to assume that there were some than that there were none.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNationalNews/status/1407781185393156097

Billionare sex criminals be dying in their cell just before they can testify.

Oh drat the absolute madman

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Spanish court sent him an alert that his protection was about to expire.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Seen on facebook:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 23, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:golfclap:

Here's some songs that you can pull out of your rear end for nationalism that still end up sounding better than that OBON poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43DqnMoWi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymuNNlCotw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjYOTdnTf4c

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The LDs have been thinking outside the box again.

https://twitter.com/aliciakearns/status/1407766873303928834?s=19

Even the Tories are laughing at them.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

If it weren't LDs I would say that is a very effective subversive policy.

But they are serious aren't they.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, if you're suggesting bodycams for boats so they can't shoot people without documentation that would actually be very cool and funny.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

“Just World” fallacy but for international diplomacy/warfare is certainly only something a liberal brain could come up with

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

Recently a 26-year-old or so coworker told me she assumed I was the same age as her. I'm 38. Turns out spending a deeply unhealthy amount of my life indoors has some side benefits.

She wanted the D my man. Maybe.

Anyway, hosed up about McAfee. He almost certainly had a lot of Epstein connections so I'm looking forwarded to folding this into my pantheon of brainworms

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is why I support replacing the warships and the nuclear deterrent with an Ultima MAD scale weapon like directed asteroid or solar cascade bomb. You could replace all of the bullshit target lists and ground recon and celestial navigation with a single target button

Jel Shaker posted:

“Just World”

Failed Imagineer posted:

pantheon of brainworms
A pancake.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol mcafee spent the last year telling everyone that US officials had been threatening him, and that he would never kill himself.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Camrath posted:

Fudge restock!

We’ve just restocked multiple flavours at https://www.fudjit.co.uk - on the website now in addition to many other delicious flavours you’ll find fresh drops of the following:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Orange
Veganilla
Vegan cookies
Vegan Biscoff

All c.100g bars of fudge cost £3.50 plus postage, and as always you can use the special goon code ‘roastbeefisbest’ to get 5-for-4 on all flavours.

Happy fudging

I bought some for my Dad for Fathers' Day and he said "Just to update you... these fudges are seriously wicked! Lovely gooey texture & taste.

If you've not tried them yourself yet, you really should. Never had any fudge like them before."

And that's very high praise. I've bought my parents fudge from like, properly artisanal expensive fudge places before, which I've also tried myself and found to be excellent, so I know he's had the good stuff before also, he's not just comparing it to like, Tesco's fudge or something.

So thanks for that! :)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Lol mcafee spent the last year telling everyone that US officials had been threatening him, and that he would never kill himself.

There's no way any McAfee product would uninstall itself without a fight

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Exactly what you'd say if you had a plan to top yourself and wanted to gently caress poo poo up. :eng101:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

seems that if he just renounced his US citizenship he wouldn’t have been stung for “tax evasion” and extradition , as all US citizens have to pay tax on everything they earn regardless of location

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jesus Christ look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BaneNook/status/1407810074903470080?s=20

Good job we're One Britain Strong Nation amirite guys?

ENGLAND TO FACE GERMANY as well. Couldn't be any more perfect.

E: It's called loving "HMS Defender" too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jel Shaker posted:

seems that if he just renounced his US citizenship he wouldn’t have been stung for “tax evasion” and extradition , as all US citizens have to pay tax on everything they earn regardless of location

Not true if you earn under like $100k

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wtf is the Royal Navy doing in the Black Sea?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sorry what kind of fight in the last forty years is going to involve jets buzzing a gunboat like it's loving world war 2?

They just fire missile from a hundred miles away and you explode.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was viciously attacked by angry wasps just because I was trying to stick my dick in the nest, I was TARGETED by them and they were flying close to me and making buzzing noises and then they started stinging me for no reason.

Genuinely curious how you manage to get in a fight with the russian coast guard and it's somehow their fault.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

OwlFancier posted:

Genuinely curious how you manage to get in a fight with the russian coast guard and it's somehow their fault.

Because annexing Crimea is wrong and illegal?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Sorry what kind of fight in the last forty years is going to involve jets buzzing a gunboat like it's loving world war 2?

It's a literal dickwaving. Grate Britane's penis analogue HMS Dickfender vs Perfidious Putin's Phalluses.

If they reallt wanted it gone it would be drowned in a barrage of antiship missiles from the coast and there's absolutely nothing it could do about it.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

WhatEvil posted:

I bought some for my Dad for Fathers' Day and he said "Just to update you... these fudges are seriously wicked! Lovely gooey texture & taste.

If you've not tried them yourself yet, you really should. Never had any fudge like them before."

And that's very high praise. I've bought my parents fudge from like, properly artisanal expensive fudge places before, which I've also tried myself and found to be excellent, so I know he's had the good stuff before also, he's not just comparing it to like, Tesco's fudge or something.

So thanks for that! :)

Thank you very much. I needed this today :)

minema
May 31, 2011
Any blueberry lovers reading - Morrisons officially do the nicest out of all the supermarkets. Highly recommended.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

OwlFancier posted:

Haven't you seen that well-known documentary Tomorrow Never Dies?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

There's no 'just' about it. Its intentionally hard to do, you need another citizenship first and you face an exit tax.

You also still technically have to file even if you happen to live somewhere with a tax treaty with the US that keeps them off your earnings below about $90k. This is why I didn't take out US citizenship despite having lived there long enough to apply.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 23, 2021

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

jaete posted:

In Finnish this is desilitra, or in short desi, as in "two desis of sugar". I'm glad I don't do any baking (trying to eat less sugar) so I've never accidentally used that particular shorthand here in the UK :ninja:

I mean to me desi means Indian (diaspora), its not a slur as far as I know or anything.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some of the younger members of the Pakistani diaspora have adopted akhi as a thing, as a close soundalike of the Arabic (and wider Islamic) word for 'my brother/friend' and also far less offensive than the alternative with a hard leading P, but it was the British tabloids that ruined the original word there.

Desi hasn't reached anywhere that level of bad yet, but I don't underestimate the ability of our press to make something terrible on a heartbeat. It's like the euphemism treadmill but worse.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

feedmegin posted:

I mean to me desi means Indian (diaspora), its not a slur as far as I know or anything.

Ah really? Well I'm glad to wrong on this then. :)

Haven't really heard it used much at all, maybe it's not very common or I dunno

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

The funny thing is that an actual genuine war probably *would* end up with a lot of glide bombs (well, probably laser-guided ones) being lobbed about. It's much, much easier and cheaper to jam, decoy, or otherwise evade inbound missiles than it is to develop measures to evade such jamming, and the hit rate of state of the art guided anti-ship missiles has been startlingly low pretty much constantly through their lives.

Of course it's practically a suicide mission for the pilots, but a glide-toss bombing run is effectively unstoppable if the attacking force has a good idea of your position and the disposition of your ships and can get a fast jet into visual range of them, and we had automated sights capable of setting it all up since the 1950s.

(Glide toss is one of those weird "Okay Biggles" things you read about but it works really loving well - fly at a known altitude and speed towards a target at a known distance. At some point, pull up sharply and an automated mechanism releases the bomb on a ballistic trajectory which can be accurate within a couple of metres. It was developed for low-level delivery of nuclear weapons (the idea being that you want the nuke to go off a good few thousand feet up but you want your plane considerably lower than that to avoid radar, and also that flying your bomber directly over the target is nobody's idea of a good time). It can literally be done with a clockwork mechanism if you can rely on your pilot to guess the distance properly, modern radar and visual rangefinding means the pilot just follows a little dot on the screen and the computers sort it all out for it. Because all the defences on modern warship are set up around defeating incoming missiles, a big lump of high explosive coming in from a high angle is basically impossible to deal with)

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Brits
We’re Brits
We’re the Brits

Would Boris or Her Maj be the Big Brit What Makes All The Rules?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wtf is the Royal Navy doing in the Black Sea?

Checking Russia isn't building docks in Crimea maybe? Who knows.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Presumably that would be the giant tory guy who looks like the guy from the new resident evil.

E:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

jaete posted:

Ah really? Well I'm glad to wrong on this then. :)

Haven't really heard it used much at all, maybe it's not very common or I dunno

You might be thinking of the similar sounding 4 letter word starting with p. That one will get you punched.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Azza Bamboo posted:

Checking Russia isn't building docks in Crimea maybe? Who knows.

Sevastapol was the home base of the Soviet Black Sea Fleet, I'm not sure 1 more dock makes a huge difference

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Jesus Christ look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BaneNook/status/1407810074903470080?s=20

Good job we're One Britain Strong Nation amirite guys?

ENGLAND TO FACE GERMANY as well. Couldn't be any more perfect.

E: It's called loving "HMS Defender" too.

Since when do they call their reporters “mailmen”? It took me four times reading that headline until I worked out a postal worker wasn’t on the ship for some reason.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Comrade Fakename posted:

Since when do they call their reporters “mailmen”? It took me four times reading that headline until I worked out a postal worker wasn’t on the ship for some reason.

Me too. "How is the fact a postie was on there relevant? Also, why was a postie on there?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean the thought of a mail reporter cowering in terror that they are about to be blown up by a russian jet is a happy thought.