Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
That Gaupa singer sounds like Bjork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

I enjoyed this much more than I'd like to admit. Scratches that same itch that Windhand when I first stumbled across them almost 10 years ago. Curious to hear the rest of the album now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yesterday I bought a ticket to see king woman based on mentions itt without having heard them. Turns out they’re good!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I hadnt done much looking into them besides listening to Spotify but reading the wikipedia page makes the vocalist pretty interesting to explore further.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristina_Esfandiari

quote:

Genres: Shoegaze, doom metal, R&B, rap, experimental noise

she covers a lot of ground.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Snowy posted:

Yesterday I bought a ticket to see king woman based on mentions itt without having heard them. Turns out they’re good!

Los Angeles or Oakland? I've got a couple tickets to one of their Oakland shows just before Halloween; it's gonna be awesome.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

thiccabod posted:

Los Angeles or Oakland? I've got a couple tickets to one of their Oakland shows just before Halloween; it's gonna be awesome.

Brooklyn :)

And here’s one of the vocalist’s side projects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFvUUl6GrE

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

They must've added those really recently, I swear their tour page only mentioned LA and Oakland last week. Obviously the more shows the better.

My fiance and I just moved to the Bay Area after being outside Charleston, South Carolina for three years. I'm really looking forward to the exponential increase in the number of good bands and venues nearby.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

finally got to listen to the latest Thou/ERR release. soooo good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Courtesy of my Japanese uber driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vm-ZXfv3Eg

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Uh, not sure which of S/D/S you think that fits in but hard no.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The room looks cool at least

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Like symphonic instrumental power metal? Kinda cool, but not for this thread really.

There are more notes in that one song than have been played collectively by every stoner doom band, on all of their albums, ever

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

the gently caress did I just listen to

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

yeah that was neat but not Stoner. Also that guy's Wikipedia lists his blood type which is weird.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/garyjkings/status/1408857501853011972?s=21

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Hellblazer187 posted:

yeah that was neat but not Stoner. Also that guy's Wikipedia lists his blood type which is weird.

someone is cataloguing this information for peter thiel

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Admittedly i forgot the thread was purely that and just thought if here as the more chill metal thread to the trve kvlt of the other one. I'vs seen Post-Metal here before and thought instrumental metal was fair game.

As for his blood type listing its probably related to this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was listening to a kind of old episode of Cumtown the other day where Nick was playing Electric Wizard and when Stav asked what Doom Metal was, Nick described it as "music for people who can't intellectually keep up with death metal" lol.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lid posted:

Admittedly i forgot the thread was purely that and just thought if here as the more chill metal thread to the trve kvlt of the other one. I'vs seen Post-Metal here before and thought instrumental metal was fair game.

Eh. I think anything that scratches that itch of something good to listen to while stoned is in the spirit of the thread. You're right in that the other metal threads are a bit intense when it comes to what belongs and what doesn't. I stay out of them because my tastes don't align with the threads and also, obviously, because stuff found in this thread is exactly what I want out of metal as a whole.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
bit too much spoken word on the new amenra but the first track "slaps"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBTqCIgpJ6s

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Laserface posted:

Eh. I think anything that scratches that itch of something good to listen to while stoned is in the spirit of the thread.

can i post my fav grateful dead shows itt then

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Kvlt! posted:

can i post my fav grateful dead shows itt then

Hell yeah, Cornell 1977

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Laserface posted:

You're right in that the other metal threads are a bit intense when it comes to what belongs and what doesn't.

:shrug: I don’t have that impression at all, there’s plenty of stuff in there thats only vaguely metal related. The wide variety of styles is one of the best parts of the metal thread and that video would not have been out of place there.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This thread doesn’t move so fast that we can’t have electromelospeeddeath as a little treat sometimes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

My god thank you for this

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Found a TAD shirt i bought at the Mudhoney/TAD/Nirvana show I saw in 1989 in a box in my basement

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

Found a TAD shirt i bought at the Mudhoney/TAD/Nirvana show I saw in 1989 in a box in my basement

Awesome. Inhaler is a record I wish more people heard.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the production/mastering on the new red fang sucks

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I like Green Lung and they have a new album coming out in a few months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXr1QGnk64

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

oh so its a normal red fang album?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

there's another problem - the songs are all by red fang!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

yeah red fang have never grabbed me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They're one note but if you think it's a fun note then they're fun. The new album is probably the best one they've made since the first, so that's cool.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Lid posted:

It's all good really, usually if I want to share something in this thread which isn't relevant to the overall theme I'll say "this isn't S/D/S, buuutttttt:" I love the Budos Band and I don't even know where I'd share it except for here, because I only post in like 4 SA threads anymore even though I've been here for....almost 20 years. jesus christ kill me now

veni veni veni posted:

Was listening to a kind of old episode of Cumtown the other day where Nick was playing Electric Wizard and when Stav asked what Doom Metal was, Nick described it as "music for people who can't intellectually keep up with death metal" lol.

I don't listen to that podcast but that sounds like some stratospheric fedora and neckbeard poo poo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Zoben posted:

I love the Budos Band

They’re very good :)

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

My bud got me a tick to go see budos with him in October. Am excited.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zoben posted:

I don't listen to that podcast but that sounds like some stratospheric fedora and neckbeard poo poo

Uh, it was clearly a joke I think you are reading into it way too much.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hello

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Uh, it was clearly a joke I think you are reading into it way too much.

yes, it would seem that i am quite literally "too old for this poo poo." peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I saw the Budos Band a few years ago and a couple weird stoner math metal bands (Cloudcatcher and Chieftan, iirc) opened for them. Budos managed to be even louder and darker and grimier and the entire night was just deafening from start to finish.