Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sanctum posted:

Does world level affect the rewards of sidequests or did they just word that poorly? I assume they mean commission rewards not all quests rewards.

I think that might just be referring to enemy drops as "rewards from your adventures." I don't think quest rewards change with world level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Not WL directly, but you do gain a pittance more Mora and weapon crystals from Commissions the higher your AR is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UDf15r5qQ

ah...no...the shimazaki performance is good

i'm rolling, i'm rolling

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I definitely want Kazuha but I'll be dealing with a 50/50 shot so I'm absolutely pulling my 4th Diluc when the banner drops.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Getting caught up with the beach episode. Can't believe Lisa didn't pack any of the four boys swim trunks. What do they pay her for?

So what exactly ends this week and what stays? The story and minigames? The Barbara collecting thing says it's up for another 20-something days, so I imagine the islands themselves won't go poof just yet.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

gandlethorpe posted:

Getting caught up with the beach episode. Can't believe Lisa didn't pack any of the four boys swim trunks. What do they pay her for?

So what exactly ends this week and what stays? The story and minigames? The Barbara collecting thing says it's up for another 20-something days, so I imagine the islands themselves won't go poof just yet.

Going to assume it would be a bit of a mistake to remove the islands right when they release a new character that can only possibly be leveled with materials from said islands.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Test-0 posted:

Going to assume it would be a bit of a mistake to remove the islands right when they release a new character that can only possibly be leveled with materials from said islands.
There's a strong implication that they're going to move the two island-specific mats somewhere else in Inazuma, so they probably remove it in 1.7.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

My my, that was some of the most wholesome content I've ever seen in a video game. It's hard to believe a AAA game would attempt to tell such cute story so earnestly, but if any game could pull it off it's this one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait to drink tea with the Shogun and shock everyone by being completely immune to poison.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Test-0 posted:

Incoherence posted:

There's a strong implication that they're going to move the two island-specific mats somewhere else in Inazuma, so they probably remove it in 1.7.

The patch notes specifically say that they’ll be available off island after the island is removed. It also states in no uncertain terms that the islands are temporary.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UDf15r5qQ

ah...no...the shimazaki performance is good

i'm rolling, i'm rolling

Is every establishing Samurai/Ninja battle ever fought in the exact same clearing an autumn forest with a blood red moon shining directly overhead? One guy ambushed by several enemies so they can do an awesome 360 cut and take out everyone around them? If so how do people keep ending up there and do they expect not to be suddenly surrounded by enemies?

It's never the big battle, just the hero character establishing one. The big battle is usually fought at a historic looking giant castle that's on fire on a cliffside or possibly raised up off the ground by some demonic power.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Noelle would probably pack the swim trunks and a couple weeks worth of boxed lunches for everyone. Lisa would probably just show up incidentally wearing the least modest possible swimming outfit under the pretense of studying some ruins to steal Jean's thunder and try to get the traveler's attention. I'm kind of surprised she didn't appear much at all after giving you some hints on how to find the drat islands.

It seems like it's just the mini games that go away this weekend but the exploration, treasure and quest stuff stays until some time into July. I just need to clear a few more of the camps now that I got some fireflies and bombs to play with. Thanks whoever it was again for the tip on going to Guyun Stone forest, I had to wait a bit but I got like 5 of them in less than a minute that way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The fact that they're adding costumes for characters is going to be dangerous for me. I am weak to fashion. The moment they add costumes for characters I actually have and/or use I'm cracking that wallet open like a total mark.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

The fact that they're adding costumes for characters is going to be dangerous for me. I am weak to fashion. The moment they add costumes for characters I actually have and/or use I'm cracking that wallet open like a total mark.

I didn’t have Jean until I bought the costume so I will buy every single one from this point on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Quick question about shield values: how does the damage absorption bonus get calculated? For example, Geo shields like Noelle's have a 150% damage absorption bonus against all elements. Does that mean the shield takes half normal damage, or what? Or in other words, if Noelle's shield value is 5000 as an example, what's the actual effective HP factoring in that 150% absorption bonus?

Similarly, Diona's shield says it gains 75% damage absorption bonus if you hold E. Is that 75% compared to Geo shields' 150%?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I've discovered the secret to hitting crit damage on every roll: in your heart, you just have to want to hit EM instead of crit

trying to build an EM TFury set for Lisa and I have accidentally improved her crit set to S tier v:shobon:v

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Harrow posted:

Quick question about shield values: how does the damage absorption bonus get calculated? For example, Geo shields like Noelle's have a 150% damage absorption bonus against all elements. Does that mean the shield takes half normal damage, or what? Or in other words, if Noelle's shield value is 5000 as an example, what's the actual effective HP factoring in that 150% absorption bonus?

Similarly, Diona's shield says it gains 75% damage absorption bonus if you hold E. Is that 75% compared to Geo shields' 150%?

The absorption bonus applies multiplicatively if it comes from a talent. The formula off the wiki for Diona's shield is:

Total Shield Absorption = Base Shield Absorption × (1 + 0.75 when hold) × Shields Effectiveness × (1 + 1.5 against Cryo DMG) × (1 + 0.15 at Constellation 2)

e: for Noelle's Breastplate, there's no specific formula written out on the wiki, but it has fewer moving parts and should be:

Total Shield Absorption = Base Shield Absorption × Shields Effectiveness × (1 + 0.5 against all DMG)

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 23, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Harrow posted:

Think of the Geo's damage absorption ability as +50% HP to the shield in all situations. Diona's hold E is +75%, and having Cons2 is +15%, but they don't add together, they multiply, effectively making every hold E Diona shield +101% the value shown. Against Cryo damage, its more like +400%. Diona's kinda nutty.

Also, shield strength multiplies favorably with these values, so with Geo Resonance for your Noelle, that +15% multiplies with the +50%, coming out to a +72.5%, instead of adding and being +65%.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is there any reason you'd ever want crit dmg as a stat? I'd think crit rate would be far better than crit dmg unless you are building around an already high crit rate but....what are crits even? Do they have any special property like a multiplier of the max dmg roll instead of just a multiplier of a roll? Increased knockback? Do crits bypass defenses? What can crit? All attacks including AoE elemental skills? Can elemental reactions crit? What about healing?

I notice there's diminishing return on the stacking of ATK% on artifacts and weapons so maybe I shouldn't be building around that alone, like stacking some phys dmg% instead.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Ganyu wants a big Crit damage hat. Basically if you have external factors that improve Crit rate it makes damage better

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sanctum posted:

I notice there's diminishing return on the stacking of ATK% on artifacts and weapons so maybe I shouldn't be building around that alone, like stacking some phys dmg% instead.

Damage type% is almost always going to be better than Atk% on a goblet, yes - but there a few characters that want something else. Usually these are characters whose damage-dealing capabilities are bad enough that it’s better to lean in on their utility like Diona.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sanctum posted:

Is there any reason you'd ever want crit dmg as a stat? I'd think crit rate would be far better than crit dmg unless you are building around an already high crit rate but....what are crits even? Do they have any special property like a multiplier of the max dmg roll instead of just a multiplier of a roll? Increased knockback? Do crits bypass defenses? What can crit? All attacks including AoE elemental skills? Can elemental reactions crit? What about healing?

Ganyu is a good example, because she gets a free +20% Crit Rate from her ascension talent.

Right now, almost any Cryo DPS can stack Crit Rate from the Blizzard Strayer 4p bonus and Cryo Resonance.

Put it this way: if you have 60% Crit Rate and 100% CDmg, going to 90/100 will actually do less damage than 60/160.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sanctum posted:

Pretty much everything can crit, except for transformative reactions (so all reactions other than vaporize and melt, which is why melt and vape can be effing beefy, because they are another multiplier after crit). Their damage is applied after all other offensive calculations: Non-Critical Dmg*(1 + Crit DMG%). Crits don't knockback or bypass defense, but aoe and anything really can crit. Klee's C1 can crit. Not sure about skyward atlas though, now that I think about it. Healing doesn't crit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just how much do these devs like sucrose?

This new craftable only makes sense on her, just like sac frags.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

What do you mean? That's clearly meant to make Lisa a top tier support :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well they are dropping two new catalyst users in Inazuma, one even being electro

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

One interesting thing about that is that it could potentially give Ningguang an easily maintainable DMG buff, depending on if Electro crystallize counts.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gandlethorpe posted:

One interesting thing about that is that it could potentially give Ningguang an easily maintainable DMG buff, depending on if Electro crystallize counts.

Why would it not?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this image throwing me into the sudden realization that there will be so, so much poo poo to farm for characters and weapons

also feeling more and more like there's no way our Inazuma expansion doesn't riff on Ryugu-jo

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

Just how much do these devs like sucrose?

This new craftable only makes sense on her, just like sac frags.

that looks like its made for lisa, tbh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It doesn't actually work on Lisa. It's an on-field attacker weapon, not a support weapon (note the very low duration). I don't know what a Lisa comp that used that weapon would play like.

It fits directly into the DPS sucrose comps (some) people were playing even before the EM buffs, which ran Beidou and Fischl and swirled electro repeatedly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

Why would it not?

Assumption is that it should, but this is the first time "<element> reaction" has been used in an effect description. So far, equipment has always explicitly listed the reactions that work if it isn't any reaction. Swirl and crystallize are sort of the oddball reactions because Anemo/Geo always have to be applied last (apart from the cubes), and they're commonly omitted from things like Crimson Witch, Thundering Fury, and random reaction-oriented weapons.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

It doesn't actually work on Lisa. It's an on-field attacker weapon, not a support weapon (note the very low duration). I don't know what a Lisa comp that used that weapon would play like.

It fits directly into the DPS sucrose comps (some) people were playing even before the EM buffs, which ran Beidou and Fischl and swirled electro repeatedly.

Doesn't have EM on it though, so I'm not sure Sucrose's own personal damage is even worth buffing in that build.

It would work well with persistent off-field attacks like Lisa's Q.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

The ER is insanely overkill on her though, and I don't think that level of elemental DMG bonus is enough to compete with an actual offensive substat. I guess it's alright if you're F2P and haven't had any luck pulling catalysts?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

Doesn't have EM on it though, so I'm not sure Sucrose's own personal damage is even worth buffing in that build.

It would work well with persistent off-field attacks like Lisa's Q.
It's not about buffing her damage. It's buffing Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu's damage. I think losing 200 EM would be worth putting 20% damage on the other characters, but at the same time I'm still not going to bother crafting/leveling this thing up as the damage increase would be minor.

Effect should only activate when on-field unless otherwise stated.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

How does buffing even work for persistent effects (Oz, Rain cutter, etc.)? I know there was a change a little while ago, but forget if it was "yes snapshot" to "no snapshot", vice versa, or something else.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

How does buffing even work for persistent effects (Oz, Rain cutter, etc.)? I know there was a change a little while ago, but forget if it was "yes snapshot" to "no snapshot", vice versa, or something else.

The change was to em snapshots: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/256800

quote:

8. Damage caused by major reactions (including Shatter, Electro-Charged, Superconduct, Overloaded, and Swirl) triggered by character actions (including Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, Plunged Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts) scales in real-time based on the Elemental Mastery and corresponding Elemental Reaction bonus of the character at the point when the reaction is triggered.

Normal damage increase snapshots still work as they used to. Bennet still buffs XL and eula ults, fish skill for their entire duration. XQ ult is actually an exception to this since he does not snapshot anything for some reason.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they changed it so EM buffs don't snapshot, everything else should still snapshot...i guess unless they randomly don't like the above

so i guess that catalyst isn't as great until you actually get your bursts/skills reupped after triggering the effect?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow just saw that Kazuha teaser and something feels VERY VERY off from his voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

frajaq posted:

wow just saw that Kazuha teaser and something feels VERY VERY off from his voice

One of those Funimation guys trying a little too hard it seems like. I've never really played with anything but the Japanese language anyway so it always sounds a little off listening to the English trailer.

Also seeing the first signs of "Kazuha Iz Broken You Guys!" and "Should I/What You Should Know" clickbait type trailers which never fails. I wouldn't have such an issue if youtube algorithms didn't favor that kind of dreck over the actual official page with the 7 digit figure views per trailer when I search something like "Kazuha Genshin Impact".

e: After listening to the trailer it actually sounds more like a not trying hard enough or getting enough direction on what is happening in the scene type of situation. Sound like he got fed some lines at home and didn't have a trailer to go off of or something, just doesn't feel very organic. 100% you can tell he's not even aware of the lines Beidou's VA is even saying or what he's replying to let alone in the same general area doing the recording. Like 2 did their lines completely independently of one another with little context as to anything (is it an action scene for this line? A conversation for that one? who knows? :shrug: )and somebody put them together for the trailer.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 24, 2021