Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

greazeball posted:

uugggghhhh this literally hits too close to home as my parents just moved out of a little "development" near Central and the Carefree Highway... Sorry for the rant, I hope you're a little farther out and know your neighbors a bit better than my folks did.

Yeah, I now that exact area - what they call Desert Hills. My wife drives through there on her way to work every day. I'm still about 25 minutes from there. That place is a hotbed for recent retirees buying up all the available land and building new. Minus the politics it would otherwise be a beautiful area. At one point it was way more rural but in 10 years time it'll just be strip malls and ranch-style McMansions to the horizon. Pre-election I'd guess it probably had the most TRUMP 2020! flags per-capita than just about anywhere else in the valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was basically a live murder

Worst guy you know etc

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Worst guy you know etc

He might be a worthless loving Thatcher-worshipper, but as long as Shapiro is there, it's hard to get past "The Second-Worst Person You Know Makes a Great Point."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Caught a bit of the Buck and Travis show while I was running errands, I thought they were going to alternate days or something but apparently they're both hosting the show. Buck talked about how he'd gone to the border unlike Kamala, and how everyone he saw crossing the border was wearing a bracelet which meant they were all actually working for the cartels.

Later they talked about how there was a parent rebellion against CRT in Loudon County Virginia and how all the parents there were fed up with the pro trans agenda and making white children cry by teaching them about slavery. Led to some great talk about "Well AKSHUALLY the United States only had slavery for 80 years, that's nothing compared to the entirety of human history! Also from 1619 to 1783, the US wasn't even an independent nation so actually it's really Britain's fault if you think about it, you should be asking them for reparations!"

Sure some people were born into slavery and lived their entire lives in slavery, but I don't know why liberals are so mad since it was really practically no time at all!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If you take a long enough view of history, every atrocity is just a blip! Hell, the Earth itself has been around for a cosmological microsecond, so nothing we do here matters! LET'S GET WEIRD

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was basically a live murder

i can't stand ben shapiro at my most level of times but some days i can't stand him beyond the capacity constraints of my slender frame

He's pulled me into the latter category most recently for his "do curiously note how none of them said they would ban ~crime~" tweet

i thought it out, and figured that what gets me the most about him is that he's supposed to be the Intellectual Vanguard of conservatism even though the summary of his great works is that we watch him light his own nutsack on fire live on social media weekly and then keep watching as he tries to put it out with a staple gun, and yet without fail at any given time all he has to do is write a book called something like "liberals, satan hitler? facts word inside" and he makes enough to buy out the entire building i live in overnight.

Like with the latest crop of populist figureheads, the right wing grift creates an artificial elevation of these people to the highest total exposure of anyone in world history and i hate it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

If you take a long enough view of history, every atrocity is just a blip! Hell, the Earth itself has been around for a cosmological microsecond, so nothing we do here matters! LET'S GET WEIRD
The US is just a blip in history so maybe we should tone down huffing our own farts a bit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Staluigi posted:

Like with the latest crop of populist figureheads, the right wing grift creates an artificial elevation of these people to the highest total exposure of anyone in world history and i hate it
It does suck that he gets the unearned credit but at least you can rest easy knowing the little oval office relies 100% on his dad's astroturfing to be legit and is likely miserable because all he wants to do in life is mechanically play violin.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FilthyImp posted:

It does suck that he gets the unearned credit but at least you can rest easy knowing the little oval office relies 100% on his dad's astroturfing to be legit and is likely miserable because all he wants to do in life is mechanically play violin.

If you read his novel it becomes abundantly clear that he wants to be a screenwriter for action movies, at least after he had to give up on his dreams of being a war hero.

Behind the Bastards will periodically read a few chapters for a filler episode. It's just awful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He first tried to make it as a screenwriter in Hollywood and failed spectacularly. The Some More News video on him shows a clip of him being interviewed years ago by some woman and he says he tried to shop around a dramedy series he was working on and failed to get it picked up and the woman says she doesn't know of any funny conservatives.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If you read his novel it becomes abundantly clear that he wants to be a screenwriter for action movies, at least after he had to give up on his dreams of being a war hero.

Behind the Bastards will periodically read a few chapters for a filler episode. It's just awful.
Yes they just finished reading that book. Of course Shapiro ended it with setup for a bunch more books.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

writing is hard. good on him for seeing it through and getting a book published

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FilthyImp posted:

i am glad to hear he is probably miserable, but i prefer not to associate him with any gendered slurs.

(especially after his profoundly bizarre vendetta against the musical celebration of various wettened anatomy)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes they just finished reading that book. Of course Shapiro ended it with setup for a bunch more books.

the book is so enlighting about what he really believes and thinks too. hint. ben really really hates muslims and black people.

FilthyImp posted:

dudes hosed the second his dad is dead.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I’ve listened to about 1/3 of the BtB archive over the last week after someone in USPOL recommended it, and its really good! A couple of the the ad break setups have made me laugh harder than I have in months.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the book is so enlighting about what he really believes and thinks too. hint. ben really really hates muslims and black people.
He also attempts to make a woman into a 'hero' who tries to kill the President because she was just trying to stop illegal immigration (with guns)?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Monaghan posted:

A lot of these right wingers crowder included live ti day that no leftist will debate them but as soon as any lefty who does politics for living challenges them they back out.

Also seder is loving smart and has great ability to recall information. So no wonder why crowder has backed out.

He also talks slow and doesn't let people gish gallop, so it takes a lot of steam out of the standard conservative "debate" tactics. He'll also straight up dodge a gallop question and just ask one of his own. Really puts them on their heels, which is why this clip is funny. Yeah in terms of big news and media players, Seder is just a youtube/podcast nobody but I like him.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
CoMbAt GeNeRaL bReTt HaWtHoRnE, a BeAr Of A mAn

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Right Wing Media: liberals, satan hitler? facts word inside

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Hollandia posted:

Right Wing Media: liberals, satan hitler? facts word inside

[watches a mod change the thread to that title]

[watches that mod purchase the building i live in outright tomorrow]

i sWEAR TO GOD

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The main thing that stands out about that Shapiro book is just how laughably bad it's written. Like, you almost have to TRY to write that terribly but you can tell he's dead serious which only serves to make it worse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

The main thing that stands out about that Shapiro book is just how laughably bad it's written. Like, you almost have to TRY to write that terribly but you can tell he's dead serious which only serves to make it worse.
He’s also supposed to be an editor.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I don't know if I'm really up to actually trying to read a book he actually wrote long enough to really understand that it's as bad as you all say, but I would participate in a Drunk History style reading of the most unintentionally hilarious passages

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Staluigi posted:

I don't know if I'm really up to actually trying to read a book he actually wrote long enough to really understand that it's as bad as you all say, but I would participate in a Drunk History style reading of the most unintentionally hilarious passages
That’s pretty much the Behind the Bastards podcast episodes on the book

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s pretty much the Behind the Bastards podcast episodes on the book

[sighs, installs spotify or whatever]

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They asked for funny

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chapo Trap House did a reading series over a bunch of episodes and was real good. There's a scene where a cop is tricked into killing an unarmed Black child by a race hustler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FLVnzMBIY

They did an entire episode on his book the Right Side of History which is just as poorly written but in a much more boring way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I love in the inner monologue of the cop he just can’t help himself but murder the kid

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Chapo Trap House did a reading series over a bunch of episodes and was real good. There's a scene where a cop is tricked into killing an unarmed Black child by a race hustler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FLVnzMBIY

They did an entire episode on his book the Right Side of History which is just as poorly written but in a much more boring way.

oh god he wrote a history book? how bad is it? chud history books are almost always horrfically bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh god he wrote a history book? how bad is it? chud history books are almost always horrfically bad.

It's called the Right Side of History (despite him once tweeting he hated that idea) and there are long passages where he dryly recites statistics. Which is something he does in True Allegiance and I thought Will from Chapo was doing a bit when he started reading off statistics about Detroit but no that was actually in the book. He also lies about some statistics like saying we have better infant and child mortality than Cuba.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Every time Ben Shapiro's terrible fiction writing is brought up, I feel the pathological need to point out that he also wrote a literal vore fiction short story where the moral was somehow "climate change isn't real, checkmate liberals".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7CaKL5Ebw4

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

ah, an admirable step forward from the midcentury "society isn't real, checkmate altruists" act by notably more successful or even original sociopath ayn rand

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1408061760041492486?s=21

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Good.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Now we all know that children want to gently caress their mothers. What my theory presupposes is; maybe it's Critical Race Theory's fault?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1408049366036844544?s=20

2024 is going to go very smoothly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Attack and dethrone Dad.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dude's arguing to execute the Jan 6 people and doesn't realize it.
loving lol.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

happyhippy posted:

Dude's arguing to execute the Jan 6 people and doesn't realize it.
loving lol.

We know that. The people watching that are conservatives are thinking about you and me hanging because we didn't storm the capitol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

We all have wandering womb syndrome because we think black people shouldn't die to cops at traffic stops.