Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Alexa sent out a tweet saying she was having fun with the Fiend/Lilly gimmick, and this was a response posted on Reddit:

quote:

Not a single person has been hurt by this gimmick, by extension no one really was from the Fiend

I guess I must be misremembering Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Asuka, and Shayna all being hurt tremendously by feuding with the lovely supernatural clowns. Seth still hasn't recovered, Braun was released, Daniel Bryan is gone as well, Asuka is now one of the biggest loving losers in the women's division (and I mean that from a win/loss perspective) this year, and Shayna may as well be in second place on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Even if everyone came out of it scot free it's still dirt worst. I was never a big Bray fan but creepy swamp guy was miles above whatever made for Nickelodeon horror movie poo poo they're doing now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1407432486834089986

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This belongs in the good posts thread

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This belongs in the good posts thread

no such thing exists on these forums

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

no such thing exists on these forums

PSP is poopy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Alexa sent out a tweet saying she was having fun with the Fiend/Lilly gimmick, and this was a response posted on Reddit:

I guess I must be misremembering Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Asuka, and Shayna all being hurt tremendously by feuding with the lovely supernatural clowns. Seth still hasn't recovered, Braun was released, Daniel Bryan is gone as well, Asuka is now one of the biggest loving losers in the women's division (and I mean that from a win/loss perspective) this year, and Shayna may as well be in second place on that front.

The Fiend may kill a lot of pushes, but it also helps a lot of people escape the company, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

He finally found an acorn.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mattthemizfit/status/1408186855447728131?s=21

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Getting big "kicked your leg out of your leg" energy from this one.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It IS pretty sad

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/o74qli/omg_mwaifu_is_so_hot_uh_i_mean_look_at_sakisamas/

people on scjerk are mad about a talented asian woman going viral.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love the uninformed commenters talking about "Men creeping on little girls" when in reality Saki is 34 years old and almost 5'10

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sakisama is more woman than those shutins will ever know.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dumbshits can never miss a chance to try and lash out at women, especially asian women.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Jesus Christ, I've never really looked at that place beyond what's posted here. This thread doesn't do justice to the sheer derangement of those people.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Jesus Christ, I've never really looked at that place beyond what's posted here. This thread doesn't do justice to the sheer derangement of those people.

I don't post anything from SCJerk because it's way too loving easy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Normally I encourage people not to just write-off places like Reddit as total cesspools because most communities are totally different from each other, but SCJ are the people chased out of Squared Circle proper and they all seem like they're basically an incel/alt-right community without actually saying it out loud.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they say it out loud really often though

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think there are some valid points in this post but it kinda just sounds like they want Dynamite to be Raw with hours and hours of loving promos.

quote:

You don't need to watch the extra to understand what's going on on Dynamite.

But people disappear off of Dynamite for weeks to months at a time, especially the Women. Commentators will briefly mention stories that were on DARK that "matter" (like the entire SCU break up storyline where they only put the end of it on TV and never gave any kind of recap or anything, just the announcers make a passing mention?). A lot of feuds aren't on Dynamite either, like that Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker feud, it was mostly on Dark and PPV Preshows?

It thus becomes incredibly hard to get invested into Characters, most of their development happens on the Jobber Shows, and they'll suddenly appear on Dynamite under a new gimmick, in a new team or even just with new momentum and a push with no explination. You have to take it at face value that this person - who you've only ever seen lose, is suddenly great and beating everyone and that's fine. But it didn't happened onscreen for the vast majority of AEW Fans who don't watch the extra shows.

People will tell me I'm wrong, but I've watched every episode of Dynamite for 2 years now and I've only seen the first episodes of Dark and Elevation.

Also some stuff is just objectively wrong, like the "Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker feud mostly being on Dark and pre-shows" when it was almost entirely on Dynamite.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i farted right in that guy's mouth!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pylons posted:

I think there are some valid points in this post but it kinda just sounds like they want Dynamite to be Raw with hours and hours of loving promos.

Also some stuff is just objectively wrong, like the "Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker feud mostly being on Dark and pre-shows" when it was almost entirely on Dynamite.

look the last thing I want in my wrestling show is wrestling

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I like that the crux of this "argument" is that it's apparently too much to ask of the audience to accept that events in a story sometimes happen off screen.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

"If you're in you're 20's or younger you probably grew up with lovely wrestling on TV"

What an incredible self own considering AEW isn't even 2 years old yet.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That guy sure has a thing about dildos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How are these people still mad about Marko Stunt? He barely ever wrestles on TV and is a pure job guy when he does. They act like he's challenging for titles every week or something when he literally never gets pushed and probably never will.

Like, yeah, Marko's a geek. And TK clearly agrees, which is why he always loses. Why are you still angry? You got your wish!

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Who's the dildo sucker

Calling Omega a "slap fighting sissy" gives me a little touch of joy though, just gonna pretend that many of those Cornette worshipers have seen "Sissy Boy Slap Fight". Gonna pretend at least one of them got really into Guy Maddin as a result. Maybe changed their life. That's a silver lining of sorts I guess.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

"If you're in you're 20's or younger you probably grew up with lovely wrestling on TV"

What an incredible self own considering AEW isn't even 2 years old yet.

Cornette stan, not WWE stan

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I think people just can't get over him having had some shine early on. AEW had a lot of problems at the start and dropped a lot of ideas pretty quick. Marko being at least half-way competitive being one of them.

I like Marko Stunt I personally would be hyped if they inserted him into a story where he's kind of this undercard underdog trying to beat people and he gets a cool hope spot where it looks like he can actually overcome these insurmountable odds every week and eventually he beats Kip Sabian or someone else I don't care about.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Marko Stunt only had any shine early on because Luchasaurus was injured and they didn’t want Jungle Boy to look like a total jobber by association when they tagged. It was a perfectly reasonable decision

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I genuinely don't know what Cornette fans want, they turned on FTR when they went to AEW who were the most Cornette wrestlers in the last 10 years. I'm sure during Yuka's tour in AEW they'll poo poo all over her for being a 12 year old even though she's almost 30

Marko's almost 25 too, he just has Andy Milinakas' disease where he's going to look like a child basically forever.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Stunt is also, it should be remembered, quite popular. He's part of a fun group people like with a big breakout star. He does funny spots in funny matches. He doesn't win much, but he's always out there supporting his friends. He's being used pretty much perfectly.

RealFoxy posted:

I genuinely don't know what Cornette fans want, they turned on FTR when they went to AEW who were the most Cornette wrestlers in the last 10 years. I'm sure during Yuka's tour in AEW they'll poo poo all over her for being a 12 year old even though she's almost 30

Marko's almost 25 too, he just has Andy Milinakas' disease where he's going to look like a child basically forever.

Honestly? They don't like anything. They only like things by comparison to other things they hate more..

Like, if you're a fan of the territories, if your lodestone is old fashioned 80s NWA style wrestling and booking, AEW should be your favourite promotion in America right now because for about 20 minutes a show Cody Rhodes hops in a time machine and takes you back to when Dusty was king. Everything about the Nightmare Family / Factory angle is solidly of the period they claim to love.

But the truth is they don't like wrestling. And at a deeper level they hate that time has passed. They're really loving sad people.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Stunt is also, it should be remembered, quite popular. He's part of a fun group people like with a big breakout star. He does funny spots in funny matches. He doesn't win much, but he's always out there supporting his friends. He's being used pretty much perfectly.

I agree but I still want him to have a cool moment where he gets to kick someone's rear end and get a win in a singles match against some big beefy guy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

I agree but I still want him to have a cool moment where he gets to kick someone's rear end and get a win in a singles match against some big beefy guy.
That place is either going to be Elevation or a potential AEW Trios tournament.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Stunt / Bononi would be a fun one for that. Goofy big guy who isn't hurt by losses vs goofy little guy who isn't hurt by losses.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SCJerk is extremely low hanging fruit because it's a bunch of incels that got chased off of Squared Circle and decided to double down on it. Squared Circle is still pretty poo poo overall because it's pretty much encouraged for people to poo poo on the other company or to treat any criticism as being in bad faith.

RealFoxy posted:

I genuinely don't know what Cornette fans want, they turned on FTR when they went to AEW who were the most Cornette wrestlers in the last 10 years.

I think at the end of the day they don't like wrestling. Or they've been told what was the ideal type of wrestling by Cornette and refuse to engage with anything that he doesn't praise.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave gave Bianca vs. Bayley 3.5 which is totally fair. Let's see how this dude feels about it.

quote:

We get it man, not enough flippy poo poo for you. It actually had a story, actually felt like a fight and had spots that were supposed to make people actually remember the match unlike your average Johnny Gargano or Young Bucks flip slap leg this is awesome spot fest

The latter is of course "real wrestling"

quote:

I saw a lot of people raving about the two cell matches on the night

Edit: Amusing that this is downvoted for correctly reflecting the mood of the sub. I forgot that when Daddy Dave rates anything we all have to collectively change our loving minds on it!

quote:

You mean like the meltdown Dave Meltzer has when he's grudgingly forced to rate a WWE women's match as better than 3 stars?

I think my favorite part of this is he has to specify "WWE women".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny Omega looks like a fight ringer in a community ice hockey league, dude's a brick shithouse on legs. Why would you look at him and go :sissies:??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

coconono posted:

Kenny Omega looks like a fight ringer in a community ice hockey league, dude's a brick shithouse on legs. Why would you look at him and go :sissies:??

There's no logical through line, he wrestled a little girl and a blowup doll and is GAY so he's a sissy wimp

No, ignore everything else your senses are telling you! He's FLAMBOYANT! WEAK! AN ACTOR!!!!!

The only way they maintain the facade is by not engaging at all and just yelling at clouds described to them by a incensed lunatic.

I say this as a person who was listening (casually) to Corny videos early last year, he helped (along with W^3) get me back into wrestling after a 20 year drought. Too bad most of the stuff I like he hates, not too bad because he sucks.