Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
gently caress andrew yang but he was actually born in new york while half the people mocking him for not being from NYC are midwest or LA transplants
i hate both of these people to be honest. if all you can say about your opposition to biden is "uhhh he's a fascist and white supremacist" you're just glossing over the class war (the war at the core of it all) and have nothing useful to say

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/pollreport/status/1407880998096830465

Who are the deranged lunatics who approve of congress?
i am, congress is accelerating the destruction of this nation that should not exist and should be commended for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole

WorkerThread posted:

looked at the source thread for this and :suicide:

mods are this | | close to banning chomsky or allowing genocide denial. idk which too many walls of text

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole
my brain is fetid goo from all these years on the internet. if you need to write term papers to explain why cnn is good, actually just lmao no thx

i get all my opinions from twitter and tiktok. u cant make me do homework. im a grown rear end poster!!

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos
https://mobile.twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1407748607139274754

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I liked the stuff about John Kerry. someone review gore next. i can't care anymore about the current poo poo with Biden.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Jun 24, 2021

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

Ytlaya posted:

It's basically cult-like thinking, where a group of people reassure each other that their bizarre and counterfactual worldview is actually reasonable and correct, and that outsiders are just trying to demoralize or distract them.

You'll be helping to organize to elect better Representatives and Senators in the years to come, right? Be the change you want to see in the world, friend.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gore wouldn't have been good, but would he have done a 9/11?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

gore wouldn't have been good, but would he have done a 9/11?

no, because bush did 9/11

now bush could have still done 9/11 even if he hadnt stolen president from al gore. so we'd have potus gore while bush does a 9/11

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

no, because bush did 9/11

now bush could have still done 9/11 even if he hadnt stolen president from al gore. so we'd have potus gore while bush does a 9/11
drat, i admire that work ethic

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole
honestly are you surprised americans chose to have bush instead of gore on their tv all the time

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buttchug Mouthwash posted:

honestly are you surprised americans chose to have bush instead of gore on their tv all the time

the supreme court chose bush

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole

Nichael posted:

the supreme court chose bush

:thejoke:

it was a bad one tho im sorry

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buttchug Mouthwash posted:

:thejoke:

it was a bad one tho im sorry

ah sorry. honestly, in retrospect it kind of is weird that Gore did win, considering how much of a charisma void he was. the Supreme Court fixed the electorate's mistake, and gave us the 9/11 we deserve.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDgRRVpemLo

Darrell Hammond nailed it as al gore. was also great as trump.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The QCS threads about D&D and CSPAM have made me realize that terms like "leftist" and "progressive" are completely meaningless.

I'll have you know that most if not all the D&D mods are leftists, if not out and out communists.

Said with a straight face.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Radirot posted:

why is this mildly funny, and not something that makes me want to throw my laptop across the room to turn it off?

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole

Kaedric posted:

I'll have you know that most if not all the D&D mods are leftists, if not out and out communists.

Said with a straight face.

show me the lie?

iirc ardennes is a communist, anidav is australian, and vilerat is dead. its simple statistics.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nichael posted:

why is this mildly funny, and not something that makes me want to throw my laptop across the room to turn it off?

snl was some anomaly at the time where cynicism of the dual parties was more acceptable or something maybe.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
excited to see how the new DSA mayor of buffalo will betray the left while also driving the city into the ground.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

excited to see how the new DSA mayor of buffalo will betray the left while also driving the city into the ground.

id rather like to see her do some good here. hoping anyway.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

Alternate option still possible where she dies of 'suicide', their house burns down, and magically 30 different computers all loaded with cp are found in the pristine wreckage.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h535TzrcjUE&t=130s

this clip is trending on imgur but for reasons i dont know whether im supposed to blame on imgur or the forums sound doesnt work on embedded imgur videos and the ableist rear end in a top hat who uploaded this didnt include subtitles

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

sexpig by night posted:

So we should just give up? I'm glad that Biden and Schumer and Pelosi (christ I cannot believe I'm saying something positive about nancy pelosi) have more grit and gut than this here.

No, we'll keep working to demonstrate why Manchin and Sinema are wrong about the filibuter, vote by vote. Will it pay off in the end? Who the gently caress knows? But we will continue to try, because giving up is not an option.

i like the implication that waiting on the dems to do something is not giving up

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1407704861337178116

i would think defining critical race theory as not marxist would be awfully difficult considering its inherently dialectical

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sexpig by night posted:

So we should just give up? I'm glad that Biden and Schumer and Pelosi (christ I cannot believe I'm saying something positive about nancy pelosi) have more grit and gut than this here.

No, we'll keep working to demonstrate why Manchin and Sinema are wrong about the filibuter, vote by vote. Will it pay off in the end? Who the gently caress knows? But we will continue to try, because giving up is not an option.
lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I can't believe i'm saying something nice about nancy pelosi, much like I couldn't believe it the last 5000 times I did

I am in a constant state of shock

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Some Guy TT posted:

i would think defining critical race theory as not marxist would be awfully difficult considering its inherently dialectical

Just because something is dialectical doesn't make it Marxist. "CRT" is not Marxist because it argues race, not class, has been the conflict of human history.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how do you even explain that without somehow making a reference to marxism

like i get what the guys saying is that conservatives are using bogeyman buzzwords but critical race theory being related to marxism isnt made up and acting like it is requires that you accept the conservative definition of marxism as basically just meaning bad thing

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 06:15 on Jun 24, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chuka Umana posted:

Just because something is dialectical doesn't make it Marxist. "CRT" is not Marxist because it argues race, not class, has been the conflict of human history.

"CRT is not Marxist because it centers race over class" is a definition of CRT that would include the word Marxist, which by Tiedrich's standards would mean that definition of CRT would be bad/wrong

it's a bad take

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Radirot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRcGajQYi4

seeing this on TV this was my first experience with US politics, and so far still the most accurate

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its hard to tell even what CRT is supposed to be these days but one strand of it does come from critical legal theory that sought to replace taking judges as purely rational and instead inputting their own biases as the basis of their decisions.

Marxism is a much broader critique and doesnt necessarily figure in here, unless you want to state that any sort of criticism of powerful figure's decision making is a Marxist critique.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

that tweet mainly just made me wonder what liberals think crt is because so far id seen defaulting to academic definitions as the main credible defense

the less credible one is to just pretend like crt means teaching that racism exists at all which is obviously ridiculous but oh wait never mind just solved my own mystery

chair lunch dinner
Apr 30, 2009

I was reading the Pat Robertson controversies page on Wikipedia and lol just lol:

quote:

On the December 16, 2010 broadcast of The 700 Club Pat Robertson condemned harsh sentences for people convicted of possession of cannabis. Robertson stated, "We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana, and the next thing you know they've got 10 years." He went on to say, "I'm not exactly for the use of drugs – don't get me wrong – but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot and that kind of thing, I mean, it's just costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people."[93]

Appearing on Good Morning America, Vice President Joe Biden condemned Robertson's commentary, saying, "I still believe it's a gateway drug. I've spent a lot of my life as chairman of the Judiciary Committee dealing with this. I think it would be a mistake to legalize."[95]

chair lunch dinner has issued a correction as of 06:56 on Jun 24, 2021

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

FormaldehydeSon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRcGajQYi4

seeing this on TV this was my first experience with US politics, and so far still the most accurate

im down with the worm count. poo poo is tasty.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

considering critical race theory is overly reductive and ignores class war, the fundamental war at the core of it all, maybe he's not entirely wrong on the first two

but yes when anyone on the right says CRT is bad their definition is just "acknowledging that racism ever existed at all and continues to this day"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lil poopendorfer posted:

I think he'd be a corporate backed neocon

The Rock as president scares me because the man is so charismatic, he could smile his way out of any sort of accountability. Plus idk how funny he'd be--the most important metric.

I'd rather have Elon Musk for president

:yikes:

Though perhaps Elon's stupidity and insistence that he is the smartest person in the room would unintentionally blunt some of America's worse excesses, sort of like trump.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana posted:

Buffalo sucks thus

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Most of the military budget isn't "toys", it's people's salaries and benefits (like healthcare). (Around $300b in salaries+fringe bennies like housing, then $200b for the VA).

If you cut the budget in half you'd end up having to lay off or furlough a million people. A lot of those people won't want to come back in a year so you end up losing institutional knowledge. It makes it harder to hire in the future too. Why would a doctor want to go work for the VA if they know that yearlong furloughs can happen? And when doctors and mental health workers are furloughed, what happens to people that depend on their services?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Most of the military budget isn't "toys", it's people's salaries and benefits (like healthcare). (Around $300b in salaries+fringe bennies like housing, then $200b for the VA).

If you cut the budget in half you'd end up having to lay off or furlough a million people. A lot of those people won't want to come back in a year so you end up losing institutional knowledge. It makes it harder to hire in the future too. Why would a doctor want to go work for the VA if they know that yearlong furloughs can happen? And when doctors and mental health workers are furloughed, what happens to people that depend on their services?

God forbid we just put them to work treating normal humans