Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
It's very kafka-esque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
In conclusion, no Cyberpunk but Cyberkafka

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Pitching hot new game idea: What if its like The Metamorphosis, but you turn into a neon pink fridge full of Monster Energy instead?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I dunno, Dystopian Hellscape and Kafkaesque both imply it's some kind of deviation from normal.

Archer666 posted:

Pitching hot new game idea: What if its like The Metamorphosis, but you turn into a neon pink fridge full of Monster Energy instead?

Oh GOD YES, and instead of Apples it's "AMC's RIDE with Norman Reedus"

!Klams fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 24, 2021

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The really hosed up thing is that the guy who voices Raz and Zim actually sounds like that.
https://twitter.com/RichardHorvitz/status/1400632498208468995?s=20

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The corps have very much already won in cyberpunk (the genre). Resistance efforts rarely-to-never accomplish anything lasting and are almost always fatal.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

anime really sucks

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

anime really sucks

i remember playing valkyrie chronicles on ps3 until it hit me with the anime-mandatory incest love subplot. loving gross.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've seen a bit of Trails of Cold Steel and besides standard anime poo poo like young girl with mystery dangerous past etc, I was kind of surprised by the writing.

It's still videogame writing but the characters seemed oddly... not dumb as gently caress? Like usually when you see a videogame story you're like "and no characters pointed out this obvious thing for what reason exactly?"

But they kept pointing out the obvious things. It's sad that my bar for good writing has gotten that low, but there you have it. I am now looking forward to goons explaining how poo poo/anime it gets.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't remember if it connects to trails in the sky but I couldn't make it far in that one since everyone wanted the lead girl to gently caress her adopted brother who she has known since they were children

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's a feature on youtube's twitch clone where you pay 5bux to make your message stand out in the chatbox so hopefully your internet friend substitute will read it and say your name

oh my god we really are doomed

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

anime really sucks

i like the design of anime, really I quite enjoy the style and thing on some level it looks pretty cool, that and in theory i enjoy the idea of anything involving massive robots/magic super powers/monsters and demons

most animes i've watched have a storyline i struggle to be interested in, thats mostly the same for tv shows and films tbf, even the more watchable animes i've seen like Attack on Titan or Cowboy Bebop are like 20% cool poo poo and 80% slow and boring

animes don't suit their English voice actors, it just doesn't work well, watching them in Japanese is alright i guess but I dunno, its really difficult not to sound like a wanker saying you go out your way to watch foreign media with subtitles on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

, its really difficult not to sound like a wanker saying you go out your way to watch foreign media with subtitles on

I generally dont find this to be the case but perhaps with your accent maybe you're right haha

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vtubers should do news shows, compete with Fox and CNN.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think that's already a thing.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I was into anime for a while in the late 90s. Now I understand it was a mistake and I hope current anime fans realize it some day.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Just don't say anime is bad in the switch thread and you're golden.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

!Klams posted:

We have the ad-bot-implants in our brains, but no one hotwiring them. It's not a cyberpunk future at all.

doesn't this just mean that noscript is cyberpunk as gently caress

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Anime is one of the 3 great modern art forms, along with video games and death metal.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Well you see videogames are awesome, anime is potentially awesome but usually just not that good and death metal is just foul noise

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like anything else, anime is best when you ignore everything until it's been complete for like a year or two and if people are still talking about it, it's actually worth a look. (or really, really bad, beating the bell curve is like that)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like anything else, anime is best when you ignore everything until it's been complete for like a year or two and if people are still talking about it, it's actually worth a look. (or really, really bad, beating the bell curve is like that)

^^^^^ - looking forward to playing cyberpunk this year

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

KonvexKonkav posted:

Anime is one of the 3 great modern art forms, along with video games and death

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KonvexKonkav posted:

Anime is one of the 3 great modern art forms, along with video games and death

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wtf!!!!!!!!

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

KonvexKonkav posted:

Death metal is one of the 3 great modern art forms, along with rap and country.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
God of War is the most overrated game i've played. Shadow of the Colossus second most overrated.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

unironically also valid, but I had to pick death metal because it's the gooniest type of music

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

surely the gooniest music is like power metal or nerd rap.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

chiptunes

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

https://youtu.be/X0QdRj1L-UA

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
unpopular opinion: Rage 2 is legit better and more fun to play than Doom Eternal

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

texting my ex posted:

unpopular opinion: Rage 2 is legit better and more fun to play than Doom Eternal

I wanted ro say this is wrong but considering I've replayed Rage 2 a few times and I haven't gone back to Doom Eternal since I beat it I think you're right.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Rage 2’s greatest feature was getting jet bike a moment after opening up the map allowing non-car enthusiast players a way to just complete all the missions without that hassle of car combat.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

texting my ex posted:

this is actually very true.

e:Doom 64 is the best Doom game, followed by Doom 2016.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 25, 2021

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

tango alpha delta posted:

e:Doom 64 is the best Doom game, followed by Doom 2016.

You think I'm gonna let this slide? Nah nah, there are other people here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really don't get the hate for D64 other than it looks ugly.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The graphics are the best thing about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the gooniest music is actually jawaiian, which has the overarching themes of christian rock, the underlying beats of reggae, the lyrical depth of the macarena, and is typically about a guy with a bad rep crooning to a girl who doesn't know he exists, or carrying [a printer] a thousand miles for jesus

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 25, 2021