Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Undine goes to tell the President, but it turns out it's an entirely ceremonial position with no real power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"I need to call the Ghostbusters!"
[Kokoro's cell phone rings]
"Oh... right."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wittgen posted:

New page

tess tess tess

Cup Runneth Over posted:

haha too late Goops got to her first

And the very next page is a chapter title but nonetheless says, "yes she means tess, and yes it's too late"

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ooooooo I’ve been waiting for this

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Aww yeah we're gonna get a dark magical girl

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Super excited to see Tess's new scary costume. Dark magical girls get fanservicey costumes a lot of the time, but Mary Cagle doesn't do that.

I don't know what to expect for a motif. Probably not goop, right? I mean, it might be goop.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It might have black in it! So edgy!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kokoro gonna be like "Ahhhhh that takes me back."

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 12, 2021

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There's no second update this week, by the way. Life stuff got in the way for Mary.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

Guess we're not getting right in to the chat with Tessa. Presumably Undine is planning to ambush her at the cemetery.
Sleuths on the Discord have calculated that it's currently Saturday, so she's got a couple of days to plan out what she's going to say. Or at least to get increasingly anxious about it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You abandoned your girl, Undine

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I’m concerned about Tessa Quinn

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You abandoned your girl, Undine

Dunno if I'd go that far. Undine's first responsibility was to her own depression and survivor's guilt. Feeling overly responsible for other people's woes is part of what caused all of that.

Plus, ya know, Tessa has actively been avoiding her calls.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Captain Oblivious posted:

Dunno if I'd go that far. Undine's first responsibility was to her own depression and survivor's guilt. Feeling overly responsible for other people's woes is part of what caused all of that.

Plus, ya know, Tessa has actively been avoiding her calls.

that's cool and all but

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That is a choice GIF.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cheese it!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I choose to believe that gardening club girl wasnt transformed, that's just the dress code for gardening club.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What is it with gardening clubs in manga and only having one member?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What is it with gardening clubs in manga and only having one member?

How many teenagers do you know that are in to gardening?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bussamove posted:

How many teenagers do you know that are in to gardening?

Everyone who isn't in the after-school training club is actually in gardening club. The stairs up are just very rickety so they can only go to the roof one by one (and most MGs don't abuse their powers of flight to skip stairs during the day).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

nimby posted:

(and most MGs don't abuse their powers of flight to skip stairs during the day).

Really the least believable part of things is that there aren't MGs soaring through the air in every panel.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

nimby posted:

Everyone who isn't in the after-school training club is actually in gardening club. The stairs up are just very rickety so they can only go to the roof one by one (and most MGs don't abuse their powers of flight to skip stairs during the day).

no the alt-text says she's the only member

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I had no idea HP was so hardcore. My goodness.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Really the least believable part of things is that there aren't MGs soaring through the air in every panel.
Have we met anyone besides Sylvia that could go aerial? And I'm not entirely sure she wasn't just sort of hovercrafting herself with wind jets.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MJeff posted:

I choose to believe that gardening club girl wasnt transformed, that's just the dress code for gardening club.

What kind of self respecting gardener doesn't wear a massive sun bonnet and fancy dress?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Drakyn posted:

Have we met anyone besides Sylvia that could go aerial? And I'm not entirely sure she wasn't just sort of hovercrafting herself with wind jets.

Undine can use water to fly, but I think that's it from what we've seen. Maybe Outrageous Apple can get some unreal air.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pretty sure Rue could get some decent air with her potions but that's less flying and more exploding herself in the direction she wants to go. :v:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Bussamove posted:

Pretty sure Rue could get some decent air with her potions but that's less flying and more exploding herself in the direction she wants to go. :v:

Hey now, rocket jumping (or, in this case, grenade jumping) is a time-honoured tradition :colbert:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the tool assisted long jump has been widespread since WW2, albeit rarely on purpose.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anyone can rocket jump! Once.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

Looks like we're finally getting a scene we were hoping for back in chapter 16.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Can’t kick butt if your knees are bad, Kokoro!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Time for more Zoe adorableness, I guess.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MikeJF posted:

Time for more Zoe adorableness, I guess.

Zoe's going to go Sicko Mode at some point in the latter half of the comic, I can feel it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This is entirely off topic, but Zoe is one of those names I will always and forever mispronounce in my head. I know there's supposed to be a y sound on the end, but my inner monologue always acts like it's not there. And makes me think I'm talking about Alonzo Mourning.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Alonzoe Mourning and Ruesheed Wallace, let's go

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, Zoe should join the gardening club and see if the MG that is the sole member there can give her some combat plant pointers.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

This is entirely off topic, but Zoe is one of those names I will always and forever mispronounce in my head. I know there's supposed to be a y sound on the end, but my inner monologue always acts like it's not there. And makes me think I'm talking about Alonzo Mourning.

My stupid brain is the same way and I have to stumble to a stop and mentally correct myself, it’s the worst.

Unlike Zoe, who is The Best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Same, I will never pronounce Zoe as Zoey