Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Drakkel posted:

Imagine if you were a writer on Star Trek and you spent a whole week writing a script for the next episode and then Gene Roddenberry storms into the room, rips up the script, then re-writes the whole thing himself 5 minutes before taping.

Imagine the episode then raking in money from TV stations despite getting miserable ratings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
yeah star trek was constantly facing budget cuts and was canceled

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Imagine if you were a writer on Star Trek and you spent a whole week writing a script for the next episode and then Gene Roddenberry storms into the room, rips up the script, then re-writes the whole thing himself 5 minutes before taping.

To be fair I think that actually happened

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Drakkel posted:

uhhh if you know anything at all about star trek!!! you'd know this was precisely the case in season one of star trek: the next generation! an increasingly isolated and aged gene roddenberry would cause ruckus after ruckus in the writers room, upending whatever they came up with and replacing it with the tropes of his heyday, which may have been edgy and evocative in their time but were now sexist racist boring and bad. it was only with his departure did things improve! maybe this was your point!!! maybe you were being sarcastic but im too fired up to back down now! stop watching this freaking WWE show and maybe watch some DANG star trek.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gene wanted to tell Navy stories but TV execs wanted scifi stories. And this dumbass writer wanted to tell love stories. No. Its all wrong. That writer can rot in hell. Like Nikki Cross's mask.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

this is how TV works tbh

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Drakkel posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the story of TNG's first two seasons. "There's not enough weird sex stuff in this script, goddammit!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus Roman's face all up in there. Giving dat boi a raspberry.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

this is bullshit, the top of that table was already removed how are they still fighting

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Drakkel posted:

Deanna Troi suspiciously getting push after push while hardworking ladies like Tasha Yar get cut

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Do not even ask posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the story of TNG's first two seasons. "There's not enough weird sex stuff in this script, goddammit!"

*Troi & Crusher bend over in front of the camera while in leotards*

"Goddamn pal, that's some good poo poo!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

Deanna Troi suspiciously getting push after push while hardworking ladies like Tasha Yar get cut

Not to even mention the gear they force her to wear

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Trek even has it's own Nigerian Drum Match in "Code of Honor"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Trek even has it's own Nigerian Drum Match in "Code of Honor"

Lmao

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ad by Khad posted:

didn't tasha at least get a storyline with Data?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
We finally get away from MegaMan and then immediately become Star Trek. Someone give me the Tongan nerve pinch!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So my spouse has been watching Voyager for the first time and there was an episode where the crew go to Los Angeles in 1996 and they put black Spock in a durag to hide his ears.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If nerds want to talk about Star Trek they should go to the nerd forum :colbert:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if cbs gave me the book on discovery or Picard I would almost exclusively reference storylines from Star Trek the Animated Series. Spock Two, the giant clone of Spock, would be the main character and Satan would be his first officer

oh, sorry, wrestling: tihs company is deeply immoral and if you consume even a drop of its product you are complicit in their many crimes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Drakkel posted:

Oh, so TNG season 1

e: way beaten

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man, TNG season 1 seems like it should be watched just to see the trainwreck it was, behind the scenes.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
WWF News/Views: Let's Talk About Literally Anything Else

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tie vince to a chair with an IV drip and make him watch TNG. The entire run.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I remember this spot so distinctly. It was 2015 but my whole living room lit up. We were so excited. drat shame how things would for...really all 3 of them for the rest of that year.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What else are these nerds going to talk about?

The WWE? Lmao get outta here

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

Tie vince to a chair with an IV drip and make him watch TNG. The entire run.
WWE Universal Champion Jonathan Frakes before the year is out

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

SonicRulez posted:

I remember this spot so distinctly. It was 2015 but my whole living room lit up. We were so excited. drat shame how things would for...really all 3 of them for the rest of that year.

The whole sequence was just fun. Seth being a little poo poo after the fact doing the Shield fist thing, then Dean/Roman just looking at him, and then destroying him too.

Then Dean and Roman, who were still faces who were friends(crazy thought), both just look at one another and go 'well someone has to win, no hard feelings'?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you're all late, they've already done star trek in wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV4KGmdooM

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

Frakes would job out all of Vince's favorites and make him cry. Then ask if he wants to wind down with a game of poker.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I guess it is a fair comparison since Worf spent most of his run in catering and then went to another promotion/show and was way better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dean and Roman doing their "loser buys the beers?" friends shtick made no sense. It's still a fatal four way. Just toss Seth in the ring and pin him to get the belt away from the Authority and then do your tee hee we're such good friends shtick later, dorks.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP posted:

"Two Takes" Frakes would mean a stop to endless rematches...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

Dean and Roman doing their "loser buys the beers?" friends shtick made no sense. It's still a fatal four way. Just toss Seth in the ring and pin him to get the belt away from the Authority and then do your tee hee we're such good friends shtick later, dorks.

they are warriors through and through, this kind of victory would be empty, dishonorable. you might as well ask why kahless the unforgettable and and genghis khan didn't team up with captain james t kirk and abraham lincoln to defeat yarnek in the star trek: the original series episode "the savage curtain" season 3 episode 22.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Frakes the guy that doesn't know how to sit in chairs?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

that's Dave Meltzer

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCT80HJWQ2A

he hurt his back during his previous career as a furniture mover.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Riker Sits Down is good poo poo.

I didn't know until a year ago that David Xanatos was voiced by that guy.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Showing some love here for Mega Man 2, because:

- the best weapon in the history of video games (Metal Blade)
- the best soundtrack in the history of video games (Bubble Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, Wily's Castle 1)
- Wily morphing into an alien for the final boss (but not really) freaked the hell out of me as a kid

Anyway, Raw is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

D.N. Nation posted:

Showing some love here for Mega Man 2, because:

- the best weapon in the history of video games (Metal Blade)
- the best soundtrack in the history of video games (Bubble Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, Wily's Castle 1)
- Wily morphing into an alien for the final boss (but not really) freaked the hell out of me as a kid

Anyway, Raw is bad.

I have a soft spot for 3 because the Magnet Man and Wily Boss themes are so loving good. MM2 is definitely the iconic game of the series, and yeah it has one of the best soundtracks in NES history. They're both dope. The MM2 boss retread bit in MM3 was kinda tiresome, though, so even though MM2 has that stupid boss that requires carefully placing Crash Bombs, I gotta go with MM2 overall.

Metal Blade was unreal. I was so happy as a kid when I finally got good enough to beat Metal Man without the Quick Boomerang, so I could just demolish 90% of the game with that ridiculously OP weapon.