Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Think Less posted:

trae young is a superstar

not yet. star absolutely but you have to do it for three seasons to be a superstar/elite. gotta see what he looks like next season once he’s been nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://streamable.com/lozl7p

Jesus what the gently caress. explain this one with your Refs Theory

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ref pulled out a laser pointer hit Jrue square in the face, dazed him right out.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

the refs created this travesty

barely even went to the line today minus the intentional fouls lol he's just that good

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
anybody who is still a bucks fan after watching this playoff run has to have some kind of self harm thing going on. every time they run a half court offense i feel like throwing up.

the bucks should be relegated and budenholzer should be put on trial for crimes against basketball

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Was there anyone in the U.S. who predicted a Suns-Hawks finals when this season started?

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

some sort of fish posted:

anybody who is still a bucks fan after watching this playoff run has to have some kind of self harm thing going on. every time they run a half court offense i feel like throwing up.

the bucks should be relegated and budenholzer should be put on trial for crimes against basketball

i like a lot of the bucks players, but their style as a team is so bad. fire bud

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Think Less posted:

i like a lot of the bucks players, but their style as a team is so bad. fire bud

i used to like some of their players, but this season has made me hate all of them. they somehow managed to collect every single thing i didnt like about 2017 okc and cranked em to 11.

turns out there IS something worse than watching Westbrook bring up the ball, pound it twice, and brick a 3 pointer at the top of the key with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. its watching giannis do the exact same thing, but worse. and every time i turn on a bucks playoff game he immediately does it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Say what you will but they're still doing a lot better than most of the league and could still end up in the finals

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

i used to like some of their players, but this season has made me hate all of them. they somehow managed to collect every single thing i didnt like about 2017 okc and cranked em to 11.

turns out there IS something worse than watching Westbrook bring up the ball, pound it twice, and brick a 3 pointer at the top of the key with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. its watching giannis do the exact same thing, but worse. and every time i turn on a bucks playoff game he immediately does it.

You know what? This is exactly it for me too. I'm a thunder homer, and the team we've had for the past two seasons has been more fun to watch than any other going back to 2012

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I like the Bucks' players but they've got to be the worst coached team of their talent level. It's horrible watching them play.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

at least bud only played Lopez 20 minutes

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

apparently Danny green was the guy who texted SAS

I’m trying to find out lol

that would be a bad sign if it were green

remember before the season when Danny green said he was gonna convince Simmons to shoot threes? lol

this team will likely never win a playoff series with doc rivers as coach, so i don't know if it even matters if they trade Simmons. it blows my mind that people think he's a better coach than Brett was

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

very Philadelphian of you to think coaches matter that much

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've spent less than 72 hours in philadelphia in my life

you're correct that coaches don't matter much but Brett didn't deserve to be fired and I'm never letting it go. it's a mainer thing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like watching Khris Middleton and Giannis play and I wish they played for a better team. At least Trae Young is entertaining to watch.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

My friend, you do not understand Wisconsin sports. We know we will be let down, the fun part is the new way that the teams manage to disappoint us.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nice

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1408080007268900866?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as the Simmons turns

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1408102084315131908?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m not watching that type up a transcript

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LastInLine posted:

I like the Bucks' players but they've got to be the worst coached team of their talent level. It's horrible watching them play.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I’m not watching that type up a transcript

Morey met with Rich Paul in chicago to discuss Simmons future. No trade demand was made. Simmons willing to work with sixers this summer directly. Sixers at this time moving forward with Simmons.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress a trade demand I can’t believe he didn’t try to fight Embiid. he really is soft

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would he fight embiid??

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Why would he fight embiid??

for directly calling him in a press conference out as the reason they lost the game/series

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

for directly calling him in a press conference out as the reason they lost the game/series

Embiid also blamed himself i think.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Morey met with Rich Paul in chicago to discuss Simmons future. No trade demand was made. Simmons willing to work with sixers this summer directly. Sixers at this time moving forward with Simmons.

this is good. I don't think there's a Simmons-based trade out there this summer that would make the Sixers better.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Demanding a trade would be absolutely hilarious. Trades are only being talked about because of his awful performance in the playoffs, not because the rest of the team underperformed around him.

Seems like the team is saying the right things, keeping open that they might bring him back to keep his value up, and hedging against not receiving an offer they think is good enough.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also Rivers said he didn’t know if a team with Ben Simmons on it could win a championship so his value is kinda tanked at the moment. both sides have no choice but to wait

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wasn't that about a team with Simmons running the point?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Wasn't that about a team with Simmons running the point?

yes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well considering he insists on remaining a point guard it seems pretty damning

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His trade value is the same it was. No one learned anything new about ben Simmons. He is good to great in the regular season and can win you a lot of regular season games. he stinks in the playoffs. We knew this 4 years ago. Or three.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

considering we have teammates leaking poo poo about his work ethic we’ve at least learned that nobody likes him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I havent nailed down that was Green. It may have been. Its from SAS so ... who knows.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

indigi posted:

well considering he insists on remaining a point guard it seems pretty damning

i don't think he's actually said this since his rookie year. two years ago during training camp they were supposedly playing him exclusively at PF (e: my memory is bad, this was actually last year in the bubble when Shake was starting)

Maxey will likely be the "PG" next season

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 24, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

I havent nailed down that was Green. It may have been. Its from SAS so ... who knows.

Jimmy Butler

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

two years ago during training camp they said he was committing to taking 1-2 3PAs per game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

i don't think he's actually said this since his rookie year. two years ago during training camp they were supposedly playing him exclusively at PF

Maxey will likely be the "PG" next season

moving him to PF doesnt fix anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

moving him to PF doesnt fix anything.

i know, i was just saying he doesn't care about being called the point guard anymore