Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Edward Mass posted:

There was an LP of a Japanese man playing a sped-up ROM of Super Mario Bros. 3 on Niconico, and I’ve never been able to find it again.

I found it, no thanks to anyone in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQuc6Obass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Anyone have that picture of the dude that invited his family to a Whatsapp group chat and asked what hand they jerked off with, and every person "left"?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I have another one that I posted in a different thread, if anyone can help it would be great: japanese rock music video of dudes in suits holding onto lamp posts and such while high winds and rain are blowing them away. song goes like "don don don don" and "arrrrrrrrrrrrukedo" and it was on youtubes and i lost it and dont know what its called and its impossible to surch for thx

I think I saw it while living in Akita so probably from 2009-2012 range but not sure

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Knot My President! posted:

Anyone have that picture of the dude that invited his family to a Whatsapp group chat and asked what hand they jerked off with, and every person "left"?

Haha I hope someone has this because I want to see it too, now

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

just google "family group jerkoff"

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hip hop song probably between the years of I'd say 2003 and 2013 that had a refrain like "we a(re?) going hard, we a going hard" or something like that. I'd say it was a big enough song to get some decent airtime but I doubt it was ginormous

Lil Wayne - I'm Goin In?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UiLRJ2AqIE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yup, thanks

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Edward Mass posted:

I found it, no thanks to anyone in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQuc6Obass

A let's play of mario 3 by someone who isn't very good at mario 3. but the commentary is by two guys making fun of him.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

A let's play of mario 3 by someone who isn't very good at mario 3. but the commentary is by two guys making fun of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9Vt1yVVko ?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Biplane posted:

Haha I hope someone has this because I want to see it too, now

found it in GIS like ten pages deep

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

Wow, a whole family of lefties! I use my right, so I wouldn't fit in with them.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Years back in I believe the ask/tell Military History thread someone posted a hilarious excerpt from a work of fiction where two characters are having a conversation when out of nowhere one of them says something like:

A) "Yes, and (Braxton Bragg, I think it was) lost the war singlehandedly."

B) "That is most unfair to (Bragg).

A) "Now back to my earlier point."

B) "No wait, now we need to talk about (Bragg)."

And it goes on for a bit.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
In like 4th grade we watched some puberty explanation videos and the beginning of them had a song "Not a boy not a man but something iiiin betweeeen" never could find that

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

A book from my childhood “How to be funny”.

Would have been from the 80s, I remember it being pretty meta for the time. It was intentionally terrible advice. Like, how to tell a run on joke that never has a punchline. I’d like to see if it holds up at all, I was really into Naked Gun as a kid and this book fits into that type of humour, but I can find no evidence of it existing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Carwash oval office posted:

Would have been from the 80s, I remember it being pretty meta for the time. It was intentionally terrible advice. Like, how to tell a run on joke that never has a punchline. I’d like to see if it holds up at all, I was really into Naked Gun as a kid and this book fits into that type of humour, but I can find no evidence of it existing.

https://archive.org/details/howtobefunnyextr00stin

Is this it?

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

If you're certain it's (a) a book and (b) from the 80s, this probably isn't it, but it's in a similar vein: http://rinkworks.com/funny/ (part of the "How to Be [x]" trilogy).

GB Luxury Hamper
Nov 27, 2002

kntfkr posted:

I have another one that I posted in a different thread, if anyone can help it would be great: japanese rock music video of dudes in suits holding onto lamp posts and such while high winds and rain are blowing them away. song goes like "don don don don" and "arrrrrrrrrrrrukedo" and it was on youtubes and i lost it and dont know what its called and its impossible to surch for thx

I think I saw it while living in Akita so probably from 2009-2012 range but not sure

Japanese dudes in suits sounds like World Order but I don't really know their music super well.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

That is it! Kind of.

Searching for Jovial Bob Stein (aka R.L. Stine, writer of Fear Street) was the key. I found the version of the same book published in 1978. Thanks. I can’t believe my old Fear Street books were connected to this.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/a/jovial-bob-stine/how-to-be-funny-an-extremely-silly-guidebook/

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

jkk posted:

Japanese dudes in suits sounds like World Order but I don't really know their music super well.

Way more rock and roll and their band name was completely in Japanese.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I salute you

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

dstyle posted:

I have many of these. Here's one:

A "Choose your own Adventure" book, I think published no later than 1995, but probably earlier. I'm pretty sure it was one of the "official" choose your own adventure books and not a knockoff, but I could be wrong. I'm also pretty sure the cover had a picture of a futuristic city scape or maybe a spaceship or something. Anyways, it was set in the future, where the protagonist was a rebel fighter or spy or something going up against some sort of totalitarian regime or occupying force or something like that. The two events in the book that I remember are one scene where someone is chasing and shooting you, and you duck around a street corner. You have a choice whether to keep running or poke around the corner to return fire, and if you choose to shoot back, you get the ending "You figure you have a 50 percent chance of success. Unfortunately, you got the wrong 50% THE END". The other major event is at one point you're caught and imprisoned, and the guards bring you breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is described as a "crunchy brown thing with some yellow slimy stuff". You have to guess whether it's bacon and eggs, or toast and butter. If you choose bacon and eggs, your character ends up choking on it and dying.

I remember this being a children's book, but rather dark and gritty even for a choose your own adventure. I've gone through the list of CYOA books on wikipedia and googled a bunch of book covers and nothing's ringing a bell for me.

Journey to the Year 3000? https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Year-3000-Choose-Adventure/dp/0553261576

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
When I was 3 or 4 years old, my parents woke me up one night to watch the Frosty the Snowman cartoon.

They sat me down in front of the TV and there was some show on that was just ending. A person was driving a car and another car drove up alongside it with extendable kneecappers hidden in the wheels. They drilled through the first car's tires, causing it to fly into a ditch and explode. It was vaguely alarming to me at the time because was this a common occurence on the road? Was this something to be concerned about on my way to daycare?

Anyway, it might have been the A-Team or Knight Rider or something like that. Probably around 1986-87.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
There's this painting, a self portrait of a young man. I think it was painted in Italy at some point between 1600-1800. He's standing outside and gesturing to a plaque next to him, which has words like "Mind your own business" written on it. The painting is titled something like "Motto".

I think it was a Wikipedia picture of the day a year or two ago? It amused me, but I can't remember the artist or title.

EDIT: That's it! Salvator Rosa. Thank you.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 21, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

William Bear posted:

There's this painting, a self portrait of a young man. I think it was painted in Italy at some point between 1600-1800. He's standing outside and gesturing to a plaque next to him, which has words like "Mind your own business" written on it. The painting is titled something like "Motto".

I think it was a Wikipedia picture of the day a year or two ago? It amused me, but I can't remember the artist or title.

Maybe Salvator Rosa? He painted a self portrait titled 'Philosophy" with the Latin inscription Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio ('Either be silent or say something better than silence')

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Funkdreamer posted:

When I was 3 or 4 years old, my parents woke me up one night to watch the Frosty the Snowman cartoon.

They sat me down in front of the TV and there was some show on that was just ending. A person was driving a car and another car drove up alongside it with extendable kneecappers hidden in the wheels. They drilled through the first car's tires, causing it to fly into a ditch and explode. It was vaguely alarming to me at the time because was this a common occurence on the road? Was this something to be concerned about on my way to daycare?

Anyway, it might have been the A-Team or Knight Rider or something like that. Probably around 1986-87.

That sounds extremely in line with the best worst Mad Max ripoff ever, NBC's 'The Highwayman'. A totally not Max guy and his Aussie sidekick drive around a futuristic wasteland American southwest doing vehicle stuff in their futuristic semi that has a helicopter on it, and get into lots of vehicular road fights.

https://youtu.be/4S43ASGEOuU

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Ok here's one for you dudes that I feel like should be easy, but after periodically remembering this, searching, and seeing no evidence of it ever existing over the last 10 years I'm starting to question my sanity

I am looking for dance remix of this song [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkSruKt6m4Q] "Lucky Like St. Sebastian"by the musical artist Momus. From what I remember the song had a very 90's house sound, with those thick sounding rapid piano chords that you would hear in a lot of dance music from around that time.

The weird thing about this song is when I bought the album on Itunes back in like, 2004, I swear it only had this version, and I thought that was the original song until like 2012 when I heard the real original. I have never been able to find this remix, which I think I liked better (The lines "Stripping naked in the Circus Maximus, With a martyr-eating lioness" sounded really nice with the more groovin rhythms I recall).

If anyone finds this I would be so, so happy. It's probably not as good as I remember but I'm getting tired of remembering this every few years and being deeply confused when I can't find it.

Also if you search "Lucky Like St. Sebastian remix" on google you get some dude on soundcloud who made a lofi beat out of the original song. That isn't what I'm looking for.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

One more request. I swear this was on Brunching Shuttlecocks around the year 2000, but I can’t find any evidence it existed. The blogger did something to his feet. Wearing socks for a month or keeping foot in a plastic bag and reported on the experience.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Biplane posted:

I salute you

With which hand?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

One more request. I swear this was on Brunching Shuttlecocks around the year 2000, but I can’t find any evidence it existed. The blogger did something to his feet. Wearing socks for a month or keeping foot in a plastic bag and reported on the experience.

Was that one of the things that was on TheSpark?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The full archive with all photos still exists:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001109055800/http://www.thespark.com/health/stinkyfeet/day1.html

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Thank you! That’s just what I was looking for.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
okay here's probably a quite hard one:

i'm looking for a very certain gundam wall poster. my only details are that it's a gundam wall poster, probably produced in america, or at least produced for english-speaking countries, in the year 2000 or 2001 at the very latest. it has some quote in english from the anime about calmness, the surface of the water, or something like that. i don't need somewhere to buy it i just want to see it and i want to know what the quote actually says on it.

but good fuckin luck right? lol

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Funkdreamer posted:

This could be a James Bond film or British TV show, The Avengers. I'm certain I've seen this trope used in some kind of British spy genre. Maybe Danger Man or The Saint?

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Fighting Elegy posted:

I am looking for dance remix of this song [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkSruKt6m4Q] "Lucky Like St. Sebastian"by the musical artist Momus. From what I remember the song had a very 90's house sound, with those thick sounding rapid piano chords that you would hear in a lot of dance music from around that time.

This seems too obvious, but you said it felt 90s-ish and didn't explicitly rule it out: Momus re-recorded a bunch of his own songs, including this one, for the 1995 album Slender Sherbet. Is that what you're looking for? Both versions are on spotify or probably your streaming music service of choice if not on youtube somewhere (original is 3:19, '95 version is 3:12).

P.S. never listened to him before but it's a neat song.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fur20 posted:

okay here's probably a quite hard one:

i'm looking for a very certain gundam wall poster. my only details are that it's a gundam wall poster, probably produced in america, or at least produced for english-speaking countries, in the year 2000 or 2001 at the very latest. it has some quote in english from the anime about calmness, the surface of the water, or something like that. i don't need somewhere to buy it i just want to see it and i want to know what the quote actually says on it.

but good fuckin luck right? lol

I had some random poster of a very unpopular band back in 1997 and I just checked on ebay and it's available there.

I would say just check ebay. I guarantee it's on there. You can always ask the seller for a better pic if it's too small to read.

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

I'm looking for a sitcom episode, I think probably originally aired in the 90s. In the episode one of the characters is dating a puppeteer for a kids show. Iirc the puppet is a giraffe. The relationship seems to be going well but the giraffe keeps saying really mean pointed things on the kids show that could be interpreted as criticism.. The puppeteer is a woman and the character is a man. I think she has straight hair. That's all I got.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

This one is from the late '70s, I think? There was a Japanese software initiative called the Fifth Generation. The idea was to move on from standard programming languages (OO being the "fourth generation") to "logic programming" where the programmer would write out logic clauses and the processing system would do the work of implementing it. Western software people were worried (because this was the OMG JAPAN IS WINNING period) and were certain that the ordered and methodical Japanese would come to dominate software as they had come to dominate [your technology here].

Anyway, a coworker of mine had a wall poster of American engineers forming a crazy human pyramid demonstrating that they weren't prepared to compete against Japanese orderliness. The poster was the blown-up version of a magazine cover. I thought it was either from Chronicles of the ACM or Computerworld, but I can't find it in either of their archives.

Does anybody recognize what I'm talking about?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I had some random poster of a very unpopular band back in 1997 and I just checked on ebay and it's available there.

I would say just check ebay. I guarantee it's on there. You can always ask the seller for a better pic if it's too small to read.

so i haven't found it yet, but i took a quick look and there's a LOT of poo poo! if i don't find it then that's just bad luck, i'll have to check again in a few months.

thanks, i never would've thought of searching on ebay in a million years.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This one is from the late '70s, I think? There was a Japanese software initiative called the Fifth Generation. The idea was to move on from standard programming languages (OO being the "fourth generation") to "logic programming" where the programmer would write out logic clauses and the processing system would do the work of implementing it. Western software people were worried (because this was the OMG JAPAN IS WINNING period) and were certain that the ordered and methodical Japanese would come to dominate software as they had come to dominate [your technology here].

Anyway, a coworker of mine had a wall poster of American engineers forming a crazy human pyramid demonstrating that they weren't prepared to compete against Japanese orderliness. The poster was the blown-up version of a magazine cover. I thought it was either from Chronicles of the ACM or Computerworld, but I can't find it in either of their archives.

Does anybody recognize what I'm talking about?

Might be the September 1983 issue of Communications, the thumbnail is a bit too small to see clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

uvar posted:

This seems too obvious, but you said it felt 90s-ish and didn't explicitly rule it out: Momus re-recorded a bunch of his own songs, including this one, for the 1995 album Slender Sherbet. Is that what you're looking for? Both versions are on spotify or probably your streaming music service of choice if not on youtube somewhere (original is 3:19, '95 version is 3:12).

P.S. never listened to him before but it's a neat song.

Thank you an incredible amount for this! I was searching so much for a "dance mix" or "remix" I never thought to simply check one of his other albums! No longer feeling crazy!