Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope it fails and takes WWE with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol even Kross' logo is a ripoff of Triple H's

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Golden Bee posted:

You have to laugh over Tucker betraying Otis… So Otis will lose the briefcase… so the Miz will lose for a year, then get the title and hold it for less than two weeks… and then canonically get eaten by zombies.

The WWE is an amazing entertainment company and never why they intend.

Don't forget they gave Miz back the briefcase after failing with it, before he won with it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol Kross' entrance is so generic CAW jobber bullshit and he's hte NXT champion lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The thing that strikes me is less that he's a generic HHH clone and more that he's not actually a small guy but he looks like one. The set is so massive and they film him in a way that just makes him look dwarfed by it and tiny. Its such poor, poor production and its striking how obvious this stuff seems to m now that I've ben away from wwe for a good long time and watching a competent wrestling production.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

lol Kross' entrance is so generic CAW jobber bullshit and he's hte NXT champion lol

Yeah, everything about him is CAW jobber bullshit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

when you’re playing a wrestling game and realize it doesn’t have a limit on how many poses you can string together in the create an entrance and you make a really really long one to annoy your opponent

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is Kushida still in nXt?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

It's easy to go "Lol, this is what happens when you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy" but...why would you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy????

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

It's easy to go "Lol, this is what happens when you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy" but...why would you remove the smoke and mirrors from the smoke and mirrors guy????

Vince didn’t make him

Vince must destroy him

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

xbilkis posted:

something something sink or swim learn on your feet blah blah blah grab the brass ring yackety shmackety you gotta put in the work I’m Vincent Kennedy McMahon-Dammit
/
:vince:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ruby Riott is now Ruby Soho, destination unknown.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He looks so annoyed. I wonder if he sandbagged his own main roster audition cause he doesn’t want to leave the minors.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ruby Riott is now Ruby Soho, destination unknown.

I saw this earlier, too! She was apparently on the dude from Rancid's podcast and he matter of factly was like, "You can just be Ruby Soho and we could clear the rights for the song for you in 10 minutes".

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I saw this earlier, too! She was apparently on the dude from Rancid's podcast and he matter of factly was like, "You can just be Ruby Soho and we could clear the rights for the song for you in 10 minutes".

that kicks so much rear end, she'd be so amazing in AEW.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, everything about him is CAW jobber bullshit

I mean that could be said about both Kross and Gonzalez. Hell, Raquel's only real identity is showing off her back muscles. Both her and Kross are generic CAW level wrestlers who dethroned actual well liked and cool stars. The funniest part is whenever he gets worked up on his calls with the press on why he did it, he defends both of them by saying they are both megastars and are the best in their divisions and how we need to shut up and stop criticizing everything. Combine that with the last Takeover being one of the worst in the history of the brand and him doubling down with Kross/Gonzalez as champs instead of course correcting, and you can see why NXT is a sinking ship.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It looks like who you would get on a Nickelodeon show when you need the dad to fight a “pro wrestler” .

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
25 years ago they would get actual stars, like Rock on star trek or Vader on boy meets world

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Vader was on the better show

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

karrion cross should get mega man as his gimmick. he looks exactly like the u.s. box art mega man

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

karrion cross should get mega man as his gimmick. he looks exactly like the u.s. box art mega man

he should call up Batista and get that blue gear for this

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ganso Bomb posted:

Don't worry, everybody

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1408129311291363331

The long national nightmare is over

Well, them hiring back Eva Marie makes way more sense if she's the one updating the website. Get a wrestler (sort of) AND an IT professional

Dango Bango posted:

this is very much the entrance of man who knows the most interesting thing about him was the girl they just split off from him

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I almost couldn't make it through the whole thing, it was way too exciting for me.

Love how he spams like 9 loving poses to the hard cam. He is to poses what Triple H is to nicknames, no wonder he loves the guy so much.

This looks like when you're playing No Mercy and your CAW data gets erased mid game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
King Kong Bundy was on Married with Children twice. First as one of Peg’s uncles and then as himself.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Even the screen behind Kross, it's got a vortex tunnel that should frame him - instead he's barely taller than the bottom of it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

StarkRavingMad posted:

this is very much the entrance of man who knows the most interesting thing about him was the girl they just split off from him
Mark Mero Syndrome

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

So, uh. He's coming from a hole. I'm not the only one seeing that, right?

Most favorable interpretation is that it's an umbilical cord like thing, but he might just be stepping out of a more general hole, the un-Buried.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are all NXT/main event entrances that bland? All the screens looked like a burnt red and the only distinguishing thing from Kross is his logo on the entranceway before he enters the arena.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Grendels Dad posted:

So, uh. He's coming from a hole. I'm not the only one seeing that, right?

Most favorable interpretation is that it's an umbilical cord like thing, but he might just be stepping out of a more general hole, the un-Buried.

MY HOLE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Kross' entrance was designed around Scarlett and a bunch of smoke and taking both away predictably makes it look lame as hell

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He didn’t know how to do an entrance without Scarlet doing all the emoting for the both of them.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Woaaaaaah! You’re only….. and mirrors tonight!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is Kushida still in nXt?

yes

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
How much money did WWE lose out on from PPV's by going to the Network and giving away all the Big 4 for 10 bux. Had to have been quite a bit, they got half of 60 bucks, 30 for each order. People were going to order at least Mania and the Rumble, and hardcores would order more. I guess in a sense it stopped casuals like me from looking for streams for a PPV I wanted to see, but they would need to do, well it would be algebra where the breakeven point btwn selling for 30 and 10 was found. Plus all the other content, seems like it was a good idea and the fans benefit but the company lost out on money. And what are they getting now after selling to Peacock, they still produce all the content, what does NBC pay them?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
kross sucks poo poo please polevault him to the wasteland that is raw immediately

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

He's already in the wasteland that is main event

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best part is that if Peacock dies, Vince gets to sell the WWE catalog again to another streaming service for stupidly high numbers

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Michael Corleone posted:

How much money did WWE lose out on from PPV's by going to the Network and giving away all the Big 4 for 10 bux. Had to have been quite a bit

would you believe someone paid them a billion earth dollers for the entirety of their library so none of that matters

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Could Peacock die? It seems too big to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kross has already been welcomed to the wasteland

https://youtu.be/lRpGY5RAdLY