Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

The anemo flying blob drops 600 mora or as we like to call it here a fifth of a resin.

When I was working out the mora/resin and exp/resin in a spreadsheet I actually was about to go count the big mobs, that give 600 mora, on the map and give a daily resin value for killing them. You'd include the average 176.4 artifact exp per elite mob too, of course. I ran out of steam though.

edit: I forgot though there is a hard limit on how many mobs you can kill in a day that actually give you drops. I can't remember if it was just a per mob number or if it was limited by some resource you get from them, so technically you could figure out a daily amount that you could max out on farming the big guys by visiting people's worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Can we talk about what really matters? How cute Kazuha is?

Everything about Kazuha seems amazing except the part where Kazuha is a playable character in the game Genshin Impact.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Harrow posted:

What's the best way to gain trust ranks, anyway? I unlocked the teapot recently and I'm not sure what the best thing to do is. Just craft stuff?

Like others have said, the best way is to prioritize crafting new recipes. Getting the recipes costs currency, of course, so your first order of business is to get your Adeptal Energy to 20k quickly so you start getting 30 coins an hour. When housing first released, a lot of people ranked up quickly by crafting tons of duplicates of the pine folding screen, since it gives a lot of Adeptal Energy and takes up very little space physically and loadwise.

In general, before you hit 20k Adeptal Energy it's best to place as many pieces of furnishing as possible. When you start hitting maximum load, replace the load-intensive items like trees and animals with other furnishings (or move them to another area that doesn't have its load capped out yet). Save the "decoration" furnishings (like floor and ceiling tiles) for last; they won't increase your Adeptal Energy at all, and you'll get spares of all the ones you don't have at Trust Rank 7 when you unlock the alternate main house.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
The basic idea early teapot is buy and build Purple Items and rush those with the instant build item. This will create a loop before you have to wait or run out of Instant Builds between the Quest book for teapot and Trust Rank rewards. It should at least get you another build slot and Trust Rank I think 3.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I really wish there was a way to say, "I'm building set XYX, highlight those items in the build area so that I don't have to keep looking back and forth".

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, the UI needs a lot of work. They should add the ability to see what sets you have in the build screen. Unless you have the list from a website open, you need to exit out, go to build mode, click on the set, exit build mode, talk to Tubby, etc. If it's an indoor set, you even need to go inside.

Also, I'm not even sure if the change to Tubby is a huge improvement. It's actually more work now when you want to quit directly from the shop or build screen.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Really appreciate the advice on using condensed resin. I had thought they meant in addition to the usual 20 resin cost so I didn't pay much thought to making any. Now I don't have to grind through my resin every day since I can just log on and craft 4 resin for tomorrow and then bail.

dogsicle posted:

i can't even maintain motivation to farm ore daily so artifact routes just seem ridiculous now

not to mention the low exp values of those artifacts means you have to throw so much crap at an artifact to level it. i'm glad i can just circumvent both these issues with the teapot juices
How much do I need to level my teapot rank before I get whatever that is? Also I need to have someone on my friends list to join their teapot? I still can't figure that part out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

no one asked but I managed to get everyone I have nice and clean to lvl 50 and ascended them, all is well :pgabz:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I recently did the same but lvl 70 to get the fate.

I didn't know you got fates for ascending for the longest time so when I learned this I collected them all and had 34 rolls lol

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh my god im so excited to never do mondstadt talent domain again. just need one level of baron bunny and ult and one level of rosaria's normals and every mondstadt dork is at 6+ and presumably there will never be another mondstadt character ever again!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Even auto attacks for non carries, that will definitely be buffed and you'll want to use them as dps in the future???

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Unless they change Traveler to make sense, you might still need Mondstadt books for some of their talents

Also, Varka and Alice :pray:

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Can we talk about what really matters? How cute Kazuha is?

Wonder if he's going to get a runback on his bro apparently getting offed by Baal or if it's going to be up to the traveler or something else happens entirely and things aren't entirely what they seem. Basically so far it sounds like it's all being based off of the actual Sakoku period of Japan where they went into Shogun decreed isolation from the rest of the world for a little over 2 centuries. Only the Shogun seems to also be the emperor and actually some sort of divine being instead of just claiming to be to make people obey her edicts.

I guess that makes us Matthew Perry in a manner of speaking.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Even auto attacks for non carries, that will definitely be buffed and you'll want to use them as dps in the future???

I just ate moons to get Amber's poo poo done just need Rosa now!

I think originally my plan was 8/8/8 on everyone and honestly gently caress that I don't care anymore this domain is the loving worst.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's kind of funny to me that Kazuha getting the Xiao plunge off of his skill means despite being a support you want to pump his NA talent too

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

kater posted:

I think originally my plan was 8/8/8 on everyone and honestly gently caress that I don't care anymore this domain is the loving worst.

I finally got Jean near the end of Eula's banner and I've been leveling both of their talents, I understand your pain. Like the stamina penalty wasn't bad enough, it also needed raining AOE icicles every .5 seconds.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

kater posted:

oh my god im so excited to never do mondstadt talent domain again. just need one level of baron bunny and ult and one level of rosaria's normals and every mondstadt dork is at 6+ and presumably there will never be another mondstadt character ever again!

I need a billion Ballad books but I'm probably not getting around to grinding for them any time soon for this exact reason. Yeah, I could properly kit out my C6 Fischl and get Kaeya to 9/9/9, but OTOH I could keep on ignoring Forsaken Rift. Easy choice.

I have Yanfei, Bennett, Xiangling, Hu Tao, and Xinyan all at 6/6/6 and it's still annoying!!!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

kater posted:

:aaaaa:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I took my Barbara from 1/1/1 to 8/1/1 for this event.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kazuha is not coming with all of Inazuma, is he? I wouldn't expect them to suddenly drop Inazuma right after this summer event ends at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ultima66 posted:

Kazuha is not coming with all of Inazuma, is he? I wouldn't expect them to suddenly drop Inazuma right after this summer event ends at least.

He's part of 1.6, inazuma is in late july

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I took my Barbara from 1/1/1 to 8/1/1 for this event.

Yeah running around with Barbara and just murdering things with Harpastum bomb vapes was very enjoyable.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I poked deeper into the Abyss than I've bothered to try in the past, got a bit stonewalled at the beginning of Floor 12 and gave up.

My general strategy for the whole Abyss has been a Hutao + Xingqiu based team on one side, and some kind of of Xiangling + Bennet + something to react with Pyro on the other side. (Previously I was building around a Razor carry for non-Hutao team)

I know that Xingqiu is the prettiest prince at the dance and is wanted by both Hutao and Xiangling, so I'm not certain where is actually best to place him, or who to use as replacement for reactions on the side that doesn't get him. Rosaria seemed to work okay with the Xiangling side but maybe I can do better.

For world bosses and general play I also use Bennet for basically everything, so I am struggling a bit to fill his support shoes on the Hutao side. I used Qiqi on this most recent run but it felt not great.

Roster for reference:

Scoss fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 25, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If your Beidou is C2 you can run the popular Sucrose/Bei/Fish/XQ team in slot A, though you'd probably want a couple of ascensions on her. You could also run with a normal Hu Tao vape team that has TF Bennet in the heal slot and use Venti to clear 12-2-1. You've got Rosaria and Qiqi for Team B, so as long as Razor and another support can survive the geovishaps you're set.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s neat hearing all these team comps featuring Bennett, I still kinda default to using the same team I did six months ago when building for abyss.

Though I would totally suggest the horrifically boring comp of Zhongli/Venti/Qiqi + Someone That Does Dmg for team not Hu Tao.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

halokiller posted:

I will say eventually I'll be putting a lot more effort on the housing part of the game. That one is really my kind of jam.

I do hope we'll see all seven regions before the servers go down for good. These GaaS types do have a thing of dying off within a couple of years.

I'm not too worried about that. Honkai has been around for 5 years and this game has made a ridiculous amount of money.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I manage to see this during a stream, so I took a screenshot. I, however, have been unable to find the original source, so this may or may not be true about the upcoming banner.

edit: Found the source finally: https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/7024403

Flair fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 25, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bennet and Rosaria, aka the "Oh gently caress we expect low sales" banner

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I am deeply annoyed right now. I finally finished a bunch of Dragonspine stuff since I'm high enough level for it at long last. I cleared the nail from the peak and now I'm trying to finish the Festering Fang quest, which required a really obnoxious fight against waves of Fatui in a cave that makes the camera hate you, only

I can't

loving

finish it

because I don't have the Northlander Polearm Billet it needs. Did I get one from this guy literally 100 hours ago when I got this quest? I have no clue. I know that Xiangling has a rank 2 Starglitter, so clearly I had at least 2 at some point. Presumably the one of them I got for clearing Abyss 3-3, and one was maybe from this blacksmith for this quest? Maybe don't make a quest resource you can get at level 20, when you have no clue how this game even works, but won't use until you're 80, into a consumable, non-replenishable item?? Mihoyo??

And I apparently already used the polearm billet you can buy in Liyue, cause that's sold put as well. I'm so confused. I have a Favonius polearm fron a wish and a rank 2 Starglitter from feeding two bullets to Xiangling, but shouldn't there be a third one either in my inventory or unclaimed out in TNT world?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I am deeply annoyed right now. I finally finished a bunch of Dragonspine stuff since I'm high enough level for it at long last. I cleared the nail from the peak and now I'm trying to finish the Festering Fang quest, which required a really obnoxious fight against waves of Fatui in a cave that makes the camera hate you, only

I can't

loving

finish it

because I don't have the Northlander Polearm Billet it needs.

I don’t know how this will change your feelings but there is a way to get more.

All weekly bosses have a chance to drop billets. Unfortunately they might not drop a pole arm billet.

(Also if it helps that spear isn’t really good.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's a polearm billet you can get from the tree quests in dragonspire if you haven't done that yet

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's a polearm billet you can get from the tree quests in dragonspire if you haven't done that yet

Yeah this one is the intended source.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Scoss posted:

I know that Xingqiu is the prettiest prince at the dance and is wanted by both Hutao and Xiangling, so I'm not certain where is actually best to place him, or who to use as replacement for reactions on the side that doesn't get him. Rosaria seemed to work okay with the Xiangling side but maybe I can do better.

For world bosses and general play I also use Bennet for basically everything, so I am struggling a bit to fill his support shoes on the Hutao side. I used Qiqi on this most recent run but it felt not great.

Roster for reference:

It's going to be super hard for you to solve the current and likely future abyss 12 without cryo/freeze. You also want a shielder/healer who can contribute to elemental reactions.

ZL is awesome but I couldn't generate the reactions to clear 12-3 in time with him. I took him out and killed the first half in 50 seconds with Sucrose/XL/XQ/Diona. Gave me plenty of time to be terrible at the second half.

I would put everything into leveling Diona to 61-70 and put a Sac bow on her. Fills a lot of holes for you IMO.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 25, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scoss posted:

I poked deeper into the Abyss than I've bothered to try in the past, got a bit stonewalled at the beginning of Floor 12 and gave up.

My general strategy for the whole Abyss has been a Hutao + Xingqiu based team on one side, and some kind of of Xiangling + Bennet + something to react with Pyro on the other side. (Previously I was building around a Razor carry for non-Hutao team)

Roster for reference:

You've got a nice big roster but I'm surprised by how difficult it is for me to make two teams from this without Childe/Xiao/Ganyu/Klee. Are you planning on pulling Ayaka?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
You could make a good Bennet melt or overload team, or a sucrose swirl one, and neither of those really step on a hu-tao vape comp

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Scoss posted:

Roster for reference:

My teams to 36* all of this rotation (that I try to use every time) were:
  • GeoMC/Zhongli/Klee/Ganyu
  • Chongyun/Xingqiu/Sucrose/Diona

The only tricky part is 12-3-2, where you need to swirl the Pyro mage to break the Cryo mage, but otherwise these teams covered all bases that I finished it within an hour of my first playthrough.

You're missing Klee/Ganyu, but maybe Hutao/Rosaria can perform similarly (idk how they work). GeoMC/Zhongli is an underrated pair that I think allows a lot of flexibility for the other two slots. You can experiment with any other pair that works well together, but I'd probably take Pyro/Cryo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

My teams to 36* all of this rotation (that I try to use every time) were:
  • GeoMC/Zhongli/Klee/Ganyu
  • Chongyun/Xingqiu/Sucrose/Diona

The only tricky part is 12-3-2, where you need to swirl the Pyro mage to break the Cryo mage, but otherwise these teams covered all bases that I finished it within an hour of my first playthrough.

You're missing Klee/Ganyu, but maybe Hutao/Rosaria can perform similarly (idk how they work). GeoMC/Zhongli is an underrated pair that I think allows a lot of flexibility for the other two slots. You can experiment with any other pair that works well together, but I'd probably take Pyro/Cryo.

Hmmm.. any sources on how to properly use the geo MC for the first team?

What sword on Chongyun?

Is your Sucrose a pure EM VV or do you mix it up?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I swirl a character with a pyro aura using the VV artifact set, lowering its pyro resistance. I then hit it with electro to cause an overload reaction. What element is the overload reaction when it comes to resistances? Does it depend on the triggering element or the aura or neither?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Overload, in particular, always does Pyro damage. Melt and Vaporize do the damage of whatever element triggered the reaction; Overload always does Pyro, Superconduct always does Cryo, and Electro-Charged always does Electro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
it's always pyro. Superconduct is always cryo. This is because electro is a "beta bitch" element so its reactions can't hurt those slimes.