Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

well why not posted:

Vin says they're still waiting for someone, then an R34 GTR shows up at the house. The also, earlier, say that all their kids are in the safest place they can be - WITH BRIAN. I want to see the movie where Paul Walker does daddy day care the rowdy F&F Kids. It'd be better than this lol

That rules. I gotta say, it is nice how classy that all sounds.

Ok, so, we still need Nic Cage in the next one.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's not classy in the least

but Han does drive a supra with a similar look to his Tokyo Drift RX7

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Just today I was explaining to my dad how Han wasn't in two similar explosions in the previous films, they were both the same event. Gotta love this timeline. It is fun that my parents are watching them all though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So when does Tokyo Drift take place? 2014 - 2017? Because, visually, it is quite clearly 2006.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This thread is nearly two years old and has only six pages worth of posts in it. That's got to be a record for a thread with more than one person posting in it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Clearly time has no meaning in anything F&F related

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

well why not posted:

So when does Tokyo Drift take place? 2014 - 2017? Because, visually, it is quite clearly 2006.

2013, but that fact was added late into production or possibly well after the movie came out, I'm not sure.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/06/fast-9-film-review-fast-and-furious-enough-but-buckle-up-for-potholes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRq0e3vEB2A

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Double Toasted never ever embraces camp or cheese or schlock and it’s why I stopped listening to them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I just watched F8 to prep for tonight's viewing of 9. It's not as bad as I remembered but it still doesn't hold a candle to 5 or 7.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

duz posted:

I just watched F8 to prep for tonight's viewing of 9. It's not as bad as I remembered but it still doesn't hold a candle to 5 or 7.

It's definitely a weaker entry as is Hobbs and Shaw.

I listened to Blank Check and they had already seen 9 and liked it, so here's hoping.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That was full of fun and interesting cameos. I'm going to have to watch it again before I can be sure about how I would rank it.
And cameos in both the actor sense and the character sense. It was weird how they told the story but interesting.

duz fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 25, 2021

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How the gently caress old is _____Sean_____ supposed to be, hahaha

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

jivjov posted:

How the gently caress old is _____Sean_____ supposed to be, hahaha

fortyeen

the ther confusing age is Han's adopted daughter, who's age is pegged to a movie that seems to have a very nebulous approach to time frames . Also, in Hobbes & Shaw Statham is like 20 years older than his sister

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

well why not posted:

[...] Also, in Hobbes & Shaw Statham is like 20 years older than his sister

This and any other potential plothole will be explained when Dom finds a DeLorean. I mean, how else are they supposed to get DNA for Jurassic Parkworld?

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

I loved everything about this film. Absolutely batshit but extremely fun to watch. I am thinking at this point that the next move is to reveal that out of nowhere, all of this insanity is part of the MCU project and the Loki TV series sets up the stage for Fast and the Furious: Enter the multiverse. Dom and his familia literally join the Avengers and use Iron Mans helmet as an icebucket to keep their Coronas cool. Don't tell me this couldn't happen, nothing is off the table anymore.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CelticPredator posted:

Double Toasted never ever embraces camp or cheese or schlock and it’s why I stopped listening to them.
On the contrary they have really come around on :rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGuJo5tciA

Love that they picked up on the barely repressed homosexuality and actually rate it better for that.

Perhaps it just takes time.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

FiftySeven posted:

I loved everything about this film. Absolutely batshit but extremely fun to watch. I am thinking at this point that the next move is to reveal that out of nowhere, all of this insanity is part of the MCU project and the Loki TV series sets up the stage for Fast and the Furious: Enter the multiverse. Dom and his familia literally join the Avengers and use Iron Mans helmet as an icebucket to keep their Coronas cool. Don't tell me this couldn't happen, nothing is off the table anymore.

Works for me. I probably annoyed some people in the theater when I broke out cackling with laughter at Tej's "As long as we obey the laws of physics" line.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qhbsq0suE

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A dude at my theater near me started weeping because Han turned out to be alive

Cinema is saved

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
ahhh when can I watch this, I've been waiting my whole life for this.... at least Bosch came out yesterday so that gives me a few hours

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thought it was kind of weird how now everything that happens to the Family is because of Mr Nobody behind the scenes. Also thought it was funny how Jakob didn't even have to wait until the sequel to get redeemed.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

muscles like this! posted:

Thought it was kind of weird how now everything that happens to the Family is because of Mr Nobody behind the scenes. Also thought it was funny how Jakob didn't even have to wait until the sequel to get redeemed.

Part of it was that Dominic was kind of the one who had hosed up by kicking Jakob out of the family for something that really wasn't his fault. I admit that I kind of liked that part. It put it in perspective that one reason Dom hit it off so well with Brian was that all this time he'd been seeking a replacement for the brother he'd banished.

I'm waiting for it to turn out that all this stuff was some kind of game between Nobody and his secret daughter, Cipher, which will all be resolved when Dom gets them to hug it out and they all have a family bar-b-q compete with CGI Paul Walker arriving on angel wings.

Also, we learned that one reason Cipher is so scary is that she can insult you so badly that it makes you turn over control of your organization to her. Still, that Yoda burn was hilariously mean and I loved it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Movie was awesome space is awesome family is awesome magnets are awesome

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They’ve retconned the Tokyo crash so often I’m not unconvinced they aren’t going to do some back to the future poo poo in f10

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also apparently Dom's dad got a deal on those crosses.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I don't like that the F9 (this stands for family 9 )crew blew up that satellite so recklessly. They deffo hosed up the entire low earth orbit with that debris.

edit:

canonically now Gravity takes place in the F&F universe because this shows the inciting incident to the debris field that destroys the shuttle
\/\/\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 26, 2021

duz
Jul 11, 2005

So does this movie makes the F&F series in universe with Mortal Engines? Or should we assume The Minions movie exists in all Universal movies?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jerkface posted:

I don't like that the F9 (this stands for family 9 )crew blew up that satellite so recklessly. They deffo hosed up the entire low earth orbit with that debris.

edit:

canonically now Gravity takes place in the F&F universe because this shows the inciting incident to the debris field that destroys the shuttle
\/\/\/\/

Well, to be fair, Plan A was to destroy the satellite's internal electronic with the magnet and leave the satellite intact. It was only after that failed that they did the crash because at that point the choice was A) Pollute Space a little more or B) give control of all of Earth's nukes/etc to John Cena (and effectively to Cipher

Also, was Erik Magnus just sneaking and teleporting just out of frame? Because magnets don't actually work like that.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

no one in this movie listens to anything anyone else says.

they're just waiting their turn to give their trailer-candidate line reading.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Everyone posted:

Also, was Erik Magnus just sneaking and teleporting just out of frame? Because magnets don't actually work like that.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ObviousInfiniteBallpython-mobile.mp4

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fate Accomplice posted:

no one in this movie listens to anything anyone else says.

they're just waiting their turn to give their trailer-candidate line reading.

They better have Chris Morgan legit lined up to write 10 and 11. You don't let a golden goose like Chris get away!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone posted:

Tej had a line about how he has no idea where the bad guys got the magnets and that they're more powerful than any civilian or military magnets should be but it is never followed up on.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Tej had a line about how he has no idea where the bad guys got the magnets and that they're more powerful than any civilian or military magnets should be but it is never followed up on.

Another thing never followed up on, did we ever even find mr nobody?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Yeah, but if I have a really powerful flashlight that emits super-bright light and I turn it off, it doesn't somehow suck in light from the rest of the room. The "magnets" here could suck metals to them and then shoot those metals away. Now matter how powerful a magnet is, if you turn it off the metal stuff to it just falls away, it's not propelled.

teacup posted:

Another thing never followed up on, did we ever even find mr nobody?

Nope. Maybe in FF10.

Oh and a third bit, Otto tells Cipher that they're the "good guys" and compares his crew to the Rebels in Star Wars. There's no follow-up/justification for that. Sure, everyone is the hero of their own story, but there's no bit of "We're doing this to prevent war" or anything. IIRC even the assholes in the Hobbs and Shaw movie who were going to dissolve most of humanity from the inside out with that virus had the idea making the survivors into super-beings or something else they saw as some kind of net good. Nothing like that here.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Everyone posted:

Yeah, but if I have a really powerful flashlight that emits super-bright light and I turn it off, it doesn't somehow suck in light from the rest of the room. The "magnets" here could suck metals to them and then shoot those metals away. Now matter how powerful a magnet is, if you turn it off the metal stuff to it just falls away, it's not propelled.

They reversed the magnet, that's why the dial went blue instead of red.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How do magnets work?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

duz posted:

They reversed the magnet, that's why the dial went blue instead of red.

Which again is not how magnets work.

It definitely felt like the movie was made of parts where they didn't actually care how they actually connected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What if they hooked the magnets up with nos?